Field airfield for Harriers?

TBear

Has anybody been able to setup an airfield on a road for Short TO and Landings where u are also able to rearm and refuel?

With FARP objects and accessory objects works, but when U to go outside the farp to access a nearby road u break ur landing gears due to the high step.

I did it with the Mirage and Viggen, but honestly that method is both hacky and unsatisfactory. It involves changing the model of the farp. The rough under the hood design requirement for the current in game farp is that the unit needs to be in contact with the farp model to get farp services. You can verify this in game with a helicopter. Heli on pad, good, heli off pad, no worky. For Harrier, there's a better possibility that instead of a tiny farp, a way larger farp could be created. But it would look horrible and the larger it gets, the higher the sides and more box-like and less farpy it becomes and more like a green aircraft carrier on a field.

Here's the limiting technological issue for outside modding: 3D models always align to an absolutely flat plane. DCS ground is not flat. Hence you notice all the houses have large underground basements so that when placed on a slope, you can't see underneath.

Second to that, you cannot create objects with very fine angles or the editor will raise them above the ground, unless your ground is absolutely flat. This is the premise of the object placement method and how the editor finds the ground point when it slopes. All to do with angles. Last I tested was 11 months ago. So ramps or small bumps are out of the question: 9 times out of ten the new farp floats in the air. That's a DCS thing. If they changed it then probably half the objects would sink or be placed in the air. It's probably fixable, but I haven't seen ED make any changes in this area for years and they do not likely feel the need to, despite that stupid video of mine getting over 900 hits.

You might ask yourself... Why is there a placeholder of a grass airfield in the game? Why is there an unused Farp model in the game? Why have so many people asked about moveable airfields but nothing been done? And, is there really a place called heaven or is it a figment of our imagination in order to combat our fear of death being so final and absolute?

I have my opinions on this matter and I choose to keep them to myself, unusually, else I get into trouble.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *