Carrier improvements 2.1.X

Silver_Dragon

I Review DCS 2.0 Scripts on Database directory, I discover one new lua with definitions of catapults, slots, landing runway, landing degress to LSO, etc. The Lua has asigned to Vinson and Kutnesov on Blue and Red Navy directories.

I making two youtube videos, the landing wires has animated as the F/A-18C E3 demo. The F/A-18C break the carrier landing aproach if them has "unstable" (not sure if by the F/A-18C AI of a LSO / ATC).

The aproach lights now has "enabled" show with a aircraft has on aproach to the carrier.

xi8QajOeOVM

J2CJ4ogPrk8

• Like 1

Nice find indeed.

Always a second wire catch and it looks like the parking logic post landing needs a little work. Fun watching the cable retract too although seems a little slow, but that might also be the way the video has been captured. All WIP of course, but good to see progress.

So, who can test the wires with the Hook of the F-5E? - I know it is not make for it, but....:music_whistling:

I'll do it! But as you mention...not made for carrier traps. And last time I tried it didn't catch the wires. But this new thing might be different :)

UPDATE!

I didn't work :(

Edited by SFC Tako

I'll do it! But as you mention...not made for carrier traps. And last time I tried it didn't catch the wires. But this new thing might be different :)

UPDATE!

Did you modify the Lua so that the sim would know to look for a hook? (apologies if you did, just wasn't clear from your post)

It might.

Just in case you didn't know, and for the benefit of anyone else who doesn't know.

Add the following hilighted code to the Lua just like the other carrier aircraft.

***standard disclaimer***

Backup your file before tinkering in case of error :thumbup:

EmptyWeight = "11631",
[color=Red]        LandRWCategories = 
       {
           [1] = 
           {
               Name = "AircraftCarrier",
           }, -- end of [1]
       }, -- end of LandRWCategories[/color]
       MaxFuelWeight = "4900",
       MaxHeight = "18200",
       MaxSpeed = "1920",
       MaxTakeOffWeight = "23541",        -- 25890
       Picture = "FA-18A.png",
       Rate = "50",
       Shape = "f-18c",
[color=Red]        TakeOffRWCategories = 
       {
           [1] = 
           {
               Name = "AircraftCarrier With Catapult",
           }, -- end of [1]
       }, -- end of TakeOffRWCategories[/color]
       WingSpan = "11.43",
       WorldID = 53,

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Just to make sure I got this right....You just put this code (above) in to the aircraft LUA file and you can land the F5 on the carrier?

Is it the LUA file in 'Mods' file that it goes in to?

This would be really good to play with on my next days off if it works?

Anybody tested this in 2.1.1?

Edited by drack

UPDATE!

Because the PFM doesnt model the Hook, and it wouldnt work in Real life either... that hook would have been torn off the airframe.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 weeks later...
... that hook would have been torn off the airframe.

i dont think so

that hook is intended to decelerate and hold the weight of the aircraft - multiple weight of the aircraft - in a dinamic hitch as well, so it wont torn off the airframe

on a carrier landing (with the F-5) the hook wont be the weakest point but the undercarriage will be

sign-pic4.jpg

It might.

Just in case you didn't know, and for the benefit of anyone else who doesn't know.

Add the following hilighted code to the Lua just like the other carrier aircraft.

***standard disclaimer***

Backup your file before tinkering in case of error :thumbup:

Hey I think I used that code for the Mustang. Made the AI Mustangs land using the wires AND they catpulted off the ship as well. But for me, I couldn't get any of that to work. I had to do things the hard way :joystick: