Highest Quality Force Feedback Joystick?

As far as I'm aware FFb does not seem to be a feature that high end joystick manufacturers seem to be interested in. I think that's a shame because even if you don't really like the FFB effects, Powered Return-To-Centre is so much better than springs. Perfect example being the X52, the springs on this joystick really depress me.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Perfect example being the X52, the springs on this joystick really depress me.

Ive modded my X-52 with a part of a CD case and Its much better!!:thumbup:

I wish ther was a X-52 FF!!!:joystick:

30+ years flight sims

-Alienware Desktop With constantly changing specs -Track IR 5 -Thrusmasters Warthog HOTAS #55179 -Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals

I have MS SWff2 and using it for some 5 years I guess... The only backdraws that I can think of are the small throttle slider (as Jalava mentioned) and the number of buttons which is not enough for sims like DCS:BS. There are 8 buttons but 4 of them are not user friendly in terms of ergonomics...

AFAIK: the only FFB stick that gives you the needed precision is the MS Sidewinder FFB (...and I tested a lot sticks...)!

Below two threads for more explanation:

Black Shark Techdemo - Trim with Force Feedback:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=33221

Cougar with FFB:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=33320

I agree. I have been a long time flight simmer, and the MS FFB absolutely rocked, and still does....if you can get it to work. I actually bought a MS FFB and FFB2 off of ebay, both around 30/40 bux or so. I had to buy an old sound card with a game port to get the FFB1 to work. Had it working but gave up on it because it kept conflicting with my sound card. I now have the FFB2 installed now because it has native USB support. Been running the FFB2 for about 4/5 years now. You can find drivers for it on the web it you don't have the original install CD. I just wish like heck MS would make another FFB1....the feel and response of that stick was awesome....or even better yet the X52 would come out with optional FFB. I don't really crank up the FFB effects much, but return to center and a little shake in the stick when you are stalling/vibe when you are shooting is pretty realistic.....

The MSFFB1/2 is probably the best ffb sticks ever made...just wish they still produced them. Try to find one on ebay is the best I can offer.....

Thanks

V3T

are there any real effects felt through the stick in the real thing (maybe when firing the cannon in the a10:D ) , i know some airline yoke's shake when stalling to alert you.

i would of thought the hole fly buy wire thing these days there is no feel?

your thoughts?

HP TouchSmart IQ816 / 25.5" HD touch screen / 9600GS 512/ Core 2 Duo 2.16 / 4GB RAM / VISTA 64 / CH Fighterstick

Ive got a logitech wingman force 3d you can get them for about $15 on ebay, overstock and some other refurbished goods resellers. They are decent for the price i have one ive take apart for use in a franken force mod i am collecting parts for and another that i am currently useing. A CH USB FF would be awesome. Finding a serial CH FF stick for use in a franken force mod has become next to impossible. I got lucky and snapped one up on ebay for cheap about a year ago.

Rig Specs: AMD FX-60 @ 2.6ghz - DFI Lanparty SLI UT - 4gb Mushkin Redline Ram - WD Raptor 300gb HDD - EVGA 260GTX 940mb - SoundBlaster something Live:P - Samsung 20.1" Syncmaster 204B (Camera) and Shuttle 17" xp17 (Abris & Shkval)

Flight Controls: Franken Force CH 568/Logitech Wingman Force 3D Hybrid - CH Pro Throttle - Logitech Momo Wheel Conversion to FFB pedals - Belkin N52

are there any real effects felt through the stick in the real thing (maybe when firing the cannon in the a10:D ) , i know some airline yoke's shake when stalling to alert you.

your thoughts?

The Ka-50 is not fly-by-wire. You feel a lot through the stick, such as any kind of vibration or if the aircraft shakes. So yeah, you'd feel it when you fired a weapon.

your thoughts?

Spyda, the manual says without FF joystick, you must always recenter the joystick after each trim which becomes a major hassle (and can cause inaccuracies). This is why I'm looking for a good FF joystick.

As far as I'm aware FFb does not seem to be a feature that high end joystick manufacturers seem to be interested in. I think that's a shame because even if you don't really like the FFB effects, Powered Return-To-Centre is so much better than springs. Perfect example being the X52, the springs on this joystick really depress me.

Saitek has had a poll on their user forums looking to see if there was interest in a FFB HOTAS. It is needed but I'm not sure if there is enough consumer interest for them to develop this product :/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Saitek has had a poll on their user forums looking to see if there was interest in a FFB HOTAS. It is needed but I'm not sure if there is enough consumer interest for them to develop this product :/

If only they read their forum.:(

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

How about Saitek Cyborg EvoForce?

http://www.saitekusa.com/prod/evoforce.htm

evoforce.jpg

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

How accurate is the evoforce? I'm looking for a FF stick that has the accuracy of a CH Products Fighterstick. I don't think it exists. The potentiometer on the Fighterstick is updated at a rate of 2 Mhz. I wish they made a FF stick with that kind of accuracy. :(

I had a saitek evo (not the FF but the grip looks exactly the same) and i really hated the feel of the build and the smallness. The CH 568 on the other hand is perfectly sized and feals great in the hand. You can always mount a CH 568 on a logitech or ms FF gimbal and get a really nice grip on a decent FF base

Rig Specs: AMD FX-60 @ 2.6ghz - DFI Lanparty SLI UT - 4gb Mushkin Redline Ram - WD Raptor 300gb HDD - EVGA 260GTX 940mb - SoundBlaster something Live:P - Samsung 20.1" Syncmaster 204B (Camera) and Shuttle 17" xp17 (Abris & Shkval)

Flight Controls: Franken Force CH 568/Logitech Wingman Force 3D Hybrid - CH Pro Throttle - Logitech Momo Wheel Conversion to FFB pedals - Belkin N52

Anybody? I am looking to buy a FF joystick. I wonder how good is this Logitch FF joystick?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Logitech FFB pro joystick: No-go for DCS titels! (not precise enough -XY resolution to low!)

Saitek Evo Force: No-go for DCS titels! ( translation of the FFB commands not proper enogh and the spring is 'not useful' to compensate missing force in BS)

Wingman FFB: No-go for DCS titels! (Works only at a Diner party to impress 'Friends' while flying in 'SuperMario' or 'Arkanoid')

Spare your money and get a Used Ms Sidewinder FFB 2(USB) or the Game port version(sometimes only15€ at ebay). Than add another 15€ (or less) for a PCI sound card with a midi/Gameport connection - a "USB to Gameport connector" will not translate all FFB commands !

I bought the Saitek Evo Force yesterday and so far I'm pretty happy with it. However, within 30 mins of using it I decided to remove the mechanical spring. I don't know why it was included, because it just seemed pointless on a force feedback stick.

Without the spring, the trim function works pretty well. It does still spring back slightly if you were to let go of the stick, but it does significantly reduce the pressure needed to keep the stick in the required position. I haven't really had a chance to play with the force settings - I have the Overall Force Gain, Damper Gain, Spring Gain, and Default Spring Gain options at 100%. There could be better settings for these.

As far as accuracy goes, I think I've been able to fly the Ka-50 pretty well with the Evo Force. I'm having to use the twist rudder control at the moment, which is a pain, so it'll probably be better with pedal controls.

This is what I am building http://snomhf.exofire.net/frankenForce/intro.html My CH 568 gets here tomorrow and ive taken apart the logitech and the CH

Force FX. The wiring and soldering is about 1/2 done. Im prolly gonna put a 12-14" extension on it and mount it on a central console with the rudder pedals I will be building with the extra axis.