No Aiming Sight

Helles Belle

Hi,

Not a bug (I hope).

New to CA.

How do you get the aiming sight to show up?

All I can see is the view below.

Doesn't make a difference if I zoom in or out.

Sort of makes it hard to judge elevation and hit things.

13a797c265d765694c0a43c828d05d83f065aac2.jpg

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

The Cromwell and Tiger I & II seem to be the only ones that have the aiming sights.

Is this normal or a bug?

Or is there something that I need to enable?

4211da3f13135c230f00f04e928fdd1e56a0447b.jpg

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

Multi-monitor, yes.

I’ll start by checking that, then move on to 4K & HD.

Hopefully they can fix it to work with a multi setup, pain in the rear if you want to fly and do CA in a game.

Thanks for the info guys.

image.jpeg

Armed with the above suggestions I did some more invetigating.

After reading through some posts that I didn't previously find. I decided to change the lua file for monitors.

I am using two monitors side by side. Main screen (cockpit etc) on left monitor, left & right MFCD's on the right monitor.

I used LMFCD+Camera+RMFCD selection on the settings screen & (after saving the orignal lua) modified the one in the game folder to what is below.

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('LMFCD+Camera+RMFCD');

Description = 'Left MFCD on the left monitor,Right MFCD on the right and camera on the center'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = screen.width / 2;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = screen.aspect / 2;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = screen.width / 2;

y = 0;

width = screen.width / 4;

height = screen.height;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = screen.width *(3 / 4);

y = 0;

width = screen.width / 4;

height = screen.height;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

--///////////////////////////////////////

--Combined Arms

--///////////////////////////////////////

GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = screen.width / 2;

height = screen.height;

}

These threads helped towards finding the fianl solution (for me anyway)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=234266

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=228309

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=228126

You'll notice from the first two screenshots that I posted, there is a black square in the top left corner with a hole.

This is the aiming scope with the reticle inside (it can be seen in game when magnified )

This has now been expanded to the full size of the screen and appears to work normally.

Hopefully this can be of use to some one out there.

23f7d7662297c0b9fed6fda3d917632f0c1068d2.jpg

image.jpeg