Orion Test Flight

XCrosser

Yeah, nice launch. Looked very kerbal with the three boosters :D

Can't wait to see it with it's real rocket, eventually! Bigger than Saturn 5!

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Successful splashdown after a 4 and a half hour mission. They only did two orbits, but they were much higher orbits than anything we have done for like the past 20 years.

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

That was their goal, I'm excited for the next test which I believe they said would be with the massive rocket. Aside from being delayed from previous all-in-all a great success for NASA.

I was watching the live feed yesterday but they were having a few issues with valves and tanks and what not. They gave it their all to fix the tech issues right up until they lost the launch window.

Missed today's coverage but glad they got it off the ground and back sucessfully. Another step towards Mars :thumbup:

My Hangar: P-51D Mustang - KA-50 Blackshark - A-10C Warthog - F-86F Sabre - FC3 - Combined Arms - UH-1H

My Flying Adventures: www.dcs-pilot.com :pilotfly: