Su-25A

kalas1988

What are your Thought's?

Back on its day, I really liked flying this little aircraft .. this is the video that actually convinced me on picking her up:

FsXLSj3y_Qc

Here I have a playlist with the most useful videos that I found about her:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFtNdz4UYM-rcLWqI5uZpSD457dcdtYKD

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

it is the plane i like most among the fc3 planes.

i really would like to have a full fidelity su-25a

btw i hate su-25t, ugly as hell

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

This is my go to ground attack plane, very fun. I much prefer the speed and agility over the precise but clunky Su25T variant. I hope the 25a can get some love in the future to improve the textures/model etc!

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

I would love to see both the "Rook" versions to get a full fidelity module. A Su-25A first and then the Su-25T.

It would be the ultimate CAS aircraft for Soviets and Russian (okay, they have SM, SM2 and SM3).

The interesting side is that for some reason I find my bearings far more easily in Su-25 than in A-10 or any other aircraft, and this even without map.

The Su-25A is nicely agile, not that Su-25T is so much worse (it ain't), but because you don't need to play with the Shkval system and you are just faster to get 2-3 rockets on the target on approach.

I am still little questionable about the laser designator capability to be moved in Su-25A as any slight pitch/yaw change means your cross movement follows the aircraft instead the position stabilization. And the crosshair is clearly stabilized to the range (ground) and it can stay there even in wild turns etc, but not when you are moving it at all?

I am as well waiting to see the new damage model in Su-25, as right now why I don't like A-10 is that any hit to you basically destroy your computers, HUD and something else so you are required to return to base or eject. While Su-25 can take far likely the hit or two before need to turn away, and even with a single engine you can still operate on battlefield (while not such agile manner).

There are few things I would like to see quickly updated in Su-25A:

1) Allow to remove that gunsight camera. It takes so much space that it is on the way!

2) fix/implement the rest of the weapons configuration panel.

3) fix/implement the rest of the navigation computer panel.

4) fix the mirror, so it would have correct FOV, as well show the buildings and trees as well instead flat low texture terrain.

The Su-25A is the module I recommend for most people over L-39C/ZA, and why you ask? Because the Su-25A has basically everything that one needs to have to learn to fly with easy to fly Jet Aircraft, be capable to launch some A-A missiles and drop bombs and launch rockets, but you have the capability to perform A-G operations in a great success and still get it so low price.

And Su-25A is reason why I recommend to ED to turn the L-39C trainee seat/slot as freeware to be offered by those who own the L-39 module so they can take any other DCS pilot to skies for training.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 2 months later...

I learned to fly planes in the 1980's and all we had were steam gauges. We had none of this I-Pad GPS stuff and we didn't need it either. I feel right at home in that cockpit.

The SU-25 and the Su-25T are two of my favorite planes in DCS. They truly deserve the full module treatment.

I like the Su-25T for night and bad weather flights. The Su-25 is more suited to fair weather stuff. But I love them both. Can't wait for the Syria map.

So crazy they won't do a full version of this...

It's all steam guages and 60's technology - there can't be anything classified left in the version we have that's not already modelled as its capabilities would be, and even with the FC3 version there isn't that much functionality you'd be adding:

What's missing is the system modelling and the clickable interface, not sensor or weapons functionality, or the fact that when you try to move the laser designator after it's stabilised the gyro lets go till you drop it again.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

It is a wonderful jet for sure. Its a nice change to have to dive in and get down and dirty with all the ground fire trying to get you versus dropping guided ordnance from 20,000ft. A great compliment to the module is Osprey's book 'Su 25' units in combat'. Great read on how the Grach was used in Afghanistan in the 80's and Chechnya in the 90's. Made me appreciate the jet even more.:thumbup:

While we now have civilian planes in DCS, and it probably wouldn’t be hard to do FC3 multi-crew using the current T as a base for UTG, just sad it would be another Russian plane we can’t shoot anything with

Fun for aerobatics online sure or maybe training scenarios, but it’s not like we have T-38 AI either:)

9CBD0945-5973-41F4-B026-08D771841971.thumb.jpeg.d7849c6b8c8d433a84a6147834df0036.jpeg

F8BD60D8-FB0E-44D0-9149-5B1AC965A632.jpeg.69691fcaf41a179cbcaa9a12c113cd4c.jpeg

37D5224C-B680-46BC-B0B9-7E6905148936.jpeg.78d9414be9239f10ebabbe02d40df403.jpeg

F588631E-CAA8-403A-9B84-B1A028209691.jpeg.b1cbec3d8fa97f4a5e44a5f053653c60.jpeg

07FD9C48-6912-4181-80A7-58B02C7E9BD0.thumb.jpeg.d6c6e6279c76d301d90881819ce6f1c9.jpeg

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

The Su-25UTG would give us Russian naval all weather strike (SEAD) capability. Multicrew would be awesome as well. With the Syria map coming, a little love towards the Russian birds might be in order. Or maybe they could just give us a tailhook on the one we have.....

Edited by Zeagle

A la ... the Black Shark Wish List...

Yes, but plainly the Russians intended to develop the UTG into a 2 seater SEAD aircraft, & at that point they would have put in a RWR, weapons, an active IR defense system.

In fact, the lack of evidence for any of these things ever having happened almost guarantees that somewhere in a dark shed in Russia is an Su-25UTG that was intended to be the successor to the Su-33, and has all the capabilities of that aircraft except afterburners.

Cheers.

I’m sorry but your wrong according to a documentary I watched once!

And the existence of the Su-25SM proves that what you say was the grand plan all along, what’s to stop someone from taking a digital kneeboard into a UTG and carrying a MANPAD hat can’t be that hard to wire up!

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

:) Just equip it with grenade launchers and come in low and fast.

Says the person who has done SEAD in a Christen Eagle with a home made depleted uranium slug thrower!

I did always hear stories from this guy I knew who did systems analysis and got to fly a lot of great planes tell me that there was a kill by a S-3 on a gunboat with drop tanks. That there was a reference of such an activity in the manual including a weapons table as a joke and the pilots just followed it when there was such an opportunity. Haven’t heard it any where else and I know there’s lots of tall tales with interchangeable planes mentioned, but if a UTG did enter the game it would be put to use in some capacity:)

Once fuel tanks have hit boxes.....

Edited by AeriaGloria

Says the person who has done SEAD in a Christen Eagle with a home made depleted uranium slug thrower!

I did always hear stories from this guy I knew who did systems analysis and got to fly a lot of great planes tell me that there was a kill by a S-3 on a gunboat with drop tanks. That there was a reference of such an activity in the manual including a weapons table as a joke and the pilots just followed it when there was such an opportunity. Haven’t heard it any where else and I know there’s lots of tall tales with interchangeable planes mentioned, but if a UTG did enter the game it would be put to use in some capacity:)

Once fuel tanks have hit boxes.....

:) Yes, well, the child in me likes to play.

These’s a lot of apocryphal stuff floating around. I wouldn’t mind any sort of full fidelity Su-25, though.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I’m sorry but your wrong according to a documentary I watched once!

And the existence of the Su-25SM proves that what you say was the grand plan all along, what’s to stop someone from taking a digital kneeboard into a UTG and carrying a MANPAD hat can’t be that hard to wire up!

Me ?

I was taking the P*ss

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Of all the modules I fly in DCS, F-16, KA-50, Viggen, MI-8 (and all FC3 of course) the SU-25A and T are by far my favourite aircraft. I noticed Matt Wagner commented on a MagzTV video that they were planning on updating the SU-25T cockpit after the KA-50 (

). Excited to read that, but haven't heard any official news elsewhere. It's something about the dedicated A2G role for the SU-25 that makes it so much fun and a truly special plane. Really really hoping for a full fidelity version of the SU-25 (or the Mig29/Flankers)!!
Edited by TexacoStovner