VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 269 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-07-2019, 03:21 PM   #2681
Weegie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DthFrmAbv View Post
thanks, but that would solve only "half of my problem"

If I want keys instead of buttons, I can do that like you've described it.
But when I fly the A-10, I don't use TARGET. So VA needs to be able to deal with joystick buttons.

What I'd need with your example, is a "two way setup" in VA, meaning that I would have to duplicate all TX entries.

Like "Transmit TX1" being either the configured key or the configured joystick button.
I havn't tried, is this possible at all?

----
Actually it IS possible, see image
Thanks mate, I wouldn't have tried without your post

To confirm Yes it is eminantly possible but you sort of found that out yourself

You just tick the boxes you want VA to use, you can assign all, none or somewhere in between (of course Vaicom does not recommend using the "When I say")

Glad the post helped you to get a fix anyway

While on the topic and just another method is you can duplicate Vaicom for each module.

The downside is it is a Royal PIA if you need to update the Keywords as you need to do it for every module

The Upside is that if you have a separate Profile that you use for something else, lets say to activate cockpit functions or manipulate the kneeboard, then you can piggyback that onto the back of Vaicom.

However if you use many modules you won't want all the custom profiles piggybacked, only one, so you copy Vaicom and piggyback the specific module and then give it a unique name.
Then when you fly a different module you just choose it from the VA drop down screen.

So you have unique VA modules for each aircraft, within that you could easily alter the PTT commands too, so that the A-10 uses PTT Dx buttons and the others use Keyboard commands.

This may make it a little clearer

You see below I have multiple profiles of Vaicom and I have specific aircraft files separately. The specific aircraft files are the profiles that I made up for things I want VA to do and have nothing to do with Vaicom

All the different Vaicom profiles do in my case is piggyback a different custom profile I've made up to work the radios, some cockpit functions and the kneeboard
Here is the piggybacked profile (you access it in Vaicom using PTT #6)

Last edited by Weegie; 07-07-2019 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Addtional Info
Weegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 07:44 PM   #2682
lvialpando

I have friend who is trying to use Viacom and it stopped working apparently after he installed the F14. I will relay any help to him.
TIA
Old 07-08-2019, 12:07 AM   #2683
Fercyful

Hi there!

Updated but I don't getting the "map marker" part for AIRIO. I only have the original 3 ones (link tune, radio tune, tacan tune) when I try to import the commands as said in the manual.

Thanks!

Update: Fixed. Forgot the "export" click at "config" main panel. Things that happen when u mainly speak spanish

Last edited by Fercyful; 07-10-2019 at 12:49 AM.
Fercyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 12:26 AM   #2684
GTFreeFlyer

Can I put in an official request for CTLD support? It would be nice to speak more naturally when working with CTLD rather than always speaking “Action” before commands.
GTFreeFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 04:36 AM   #2685
astrospud

Hi Hollywood, gotta say Im really enjoying your app.
Still working out a sweetspot for comfort and accessibility, but as I'm flying online a bit more (MP servers), I was wondering if there is a way for VA to use Speech to text for interacting with chat windows on a server? Not sure if this has ever cropped up.
Being on a discord server is the best option for communicating with other players, but from my experience, more than half the players on a given server aren't on Discord or TS, but I would still like to communicate with them ")
Cheers
Spud
Old 07-08-2019, 01:21 PM   #2686
Twwhitey

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrospud View Post
Hi Hollywood, gotta say Im really enjoying your app.
Still working out a sweetspot for comfort and accessibility, but as I'm flying online a bit more (MP servers), I was wondering if there is a way for VA to use Speech to text for interacting with chat windows on a server? Not sure if this has ever cropped up.
Being on a discord server is the best option for communicating with other players, but from my experience, more than half the players on a given server aren't on Discord or TS, but I would still like to communicate with them ")
Cheers
Spud
I’m by far not an expert in VA but what you mention might be doable based on another thread I just came across. Check out this post related to an in-cockpit scratch pad someone created. The OP used the Windows dictation functionality of the Speech Recognition module, coupled with VA commands, to capture (in a dictation buffer) then transcribe voice dictation into a scratch pad. Seems like you want to do something similar just transcribe the output into the chat window instead?

Check out the readme.txt they posted to see how it works... like I said seems doable if you’re willing to fiddle with how to get it to post to the right window

Last edited by Twwhitey; 07-08-2019 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Typo
Twwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:05 PM   #2687
emc

Anybody recommend updating VA to 1.7.6?
https://www.voiceattack.com/changes.aspx

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 1x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 |
Controlls: Saitek Pro Flight X-56 Rhino | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin
emc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:50 AM   #2688
Bazmack

How do I use Vaicom to communicate with the Stennis when coming in to trap on the F18? I am using Bankler's scenario and have setup Vaicom without Easy Comms so have mapped TX 1-4 to the top POV hat on my TWCS throttle as per the guide in the manual.

Which radio do I need to use to contact the Stennis - TX1:Comm1: ARC-210 or TX2:Comm2: ARC-210
Do I need to tune the radio (I think the Stennis is 270.000 AM)? Do I do that verbally via Vaicom or manually?
Which command do I issue to contact the The Stennis and request straight in Approach?
How do I then switch to the LSO channel? Do I do that verbally via Vaicom or manually?

This is what I have (unsuccessfully) been doing

Push and hold the TX1 comm button and say: "Stennis, straight approach"

all that happens is "Enfield 1-1"

What is the sequence of events, keywords I need to do/say?

Obviously i have no idea what i am doing with the radios! I have googled around and can't find any guides on using Vaicom in the F18. please help.

Last edited by Bazmack; 07-09-2019 at 04:48 AM.
Bazmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:04 AM   #2689
Evigilant

Hollywood, for AIRIO is there plan to implement the manual entry of steer points to replace the way we can now with the jester menu?

Right now, that's one of the major factors stopping me from purchase.
Evigilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 03:36 PM   #2690
hornblower793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazmack View Post
How do I use Vaicom to communicate with the Stennis when coming in to trap on the F18? I am using Bankler's scenario and have setup Vaicom without Easy Comms so have mapped TX 1-4 to the top POV hat on my TWCS throttle as per the guide in the manual.

Which radio do I need to use to contact the Stennis - TX1:Comm1: ARC-210 or TX2:Comm2: ARC-210
Do I need to tune the radio (I think the Stennis is 270.000 AM)? Do I do that verbally via Vaicom or manually?
Which command do I issue to contact the The Stennis and request straight in Approach?
How do I then switch to the LSO channel? Do I do that verbally via Vaicom or manually?

@Bazmak - you will need to tune the radio. I tend to use radio 1 (habit) but either should work if tuned correctly.

I think your inbound straight command should then work but am not hooked up at the moment and cannot remember.
hornblower793 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack