VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Just updated both Voice Attack and Vaicom.

Finnish Steps to copy new keywords appears to not be working.

Nothing gets pasted in when I try to paste.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Anyone know what causes the comms menu to continually appear and disappear?

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

I'm having trouble with the comm menus not loading. It worked before the big update last week though. I've deleted export.lua and let it rebuild and have at a custom path to where the lua is written, but it's still not hooking into the game. The ptt window on vaicom still says ez comms and doesn't show the module I'm actually flying, any ideas guys?

1 hour ago, Brun said:

Anyone know what causes the comms menu to continually appear and disappear?

I'm afraid it has nothing to do with restarting (which means pressing finish button on one of the VAICOM control page tabs, don't remember which now. YOu will find it in the VAICOM manual, or in a pop up window in VAICOM after perssing mentioned Finish button.

Back to the original question, I also have Comms menu popping up for no apparent reason. I did not investigated so deep yet, but my culprit is rather the Voice Attack listening window, that usually picks up words sometimes you didn't even say at all. Some said it is some wrong joystick assignment, but I don't think so, as this one I checked several times. I think it can be some "ghost" words, but as I said, didn't spend so much time investigating.

1 hour ago, tomeye said:

After DCS update you need to restart VA

Not sure I understand what you mean... You only need to re-edit commands (copy-paste bla bla) after a VAICOM update AFAIK, DCS update do not touch Voice Attack or VAICOM I guess...

3 hours ago, dburne said:

Tried restarting VA, still the same.

After clicking Finish in Vaicom I never get anything to paste in VA communications line.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

12 minutes ago, Razor18 said:

I think if you had ever went through the manual, or at least throught the first steps, you would know what was meant.

Please open VAICOM manual, then press Ctrl F and type in the top right search window: finish steps.

I have done it many times in the past.

Don B

Sorry then, probably misunderstood. Pressing Finish suppose to put all (incl. new) commands onto your clipoard for insertion. And the Keyword Collection group must be consolidated in the Profile edit window.

Edited by Razor18

4 minutes ago, Razor18 said:

Sorry then, probably misunderstood. Pressing Finish suppose to put all (incl. new) commands onto your clipoard for insertion. And the Keyword Collection group must be consolidated in the Profile edit window.

No problem - yeah I know. Well for whatever reason I just tried again and it worked this time. No idea why it did not work the two times I tried before, but I will take it lol.

Don B

Have you tried pasting to notepad or similar, and then copying / pasting from there into VA - this has worked for me on the odd times I have had this problem

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

3 hours ago, Razor18 said:

Not sure I understand what you mean... You only need to re-edit commands (copy-paste bla bla) after a VAICOM update AFAIK, DCS update do not touch Voice Attack or VAICOM I guess...

The question was what you need to do after a DCS update, not a VAICOM update. After a DCS update you definitely need to restart VAICOM with DCS not running, and only then start DCS again. That lets VAICOM update the DCS lua files that may have been reset when DCS updated. You may or may not need to also delete export.lua first. I find that isn't necessary on my installation, and I've been puzzled why it is recommended so often. It only helps if the file was not set up correctly in the first place.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

On 12/23/2020 at 4:33 PM, sthompson said:

The question was what you need to do after a DCS update, not a VAICOM update. After a DCS update you definitely need to restart VAICOM with DCS not running, and only then start DCS again. That lets VAICOM update the DCS lua files that may have been reset when DCS updated. You may or may not need to also delete export.lua first. I find that isn't necessary on my installation, and I've been puzzled why it is recommended so often. It only helps if the file was not set up correctly in the first place.

After the update I'm not able to get vaicom to hook into the game anymore. I've deleted the export file and reset the custom path and repaired the dcs update. Short of uninstalling and reinstalling vaicom what else can I do?

18 hours ago, Dreadwing said:

After the update I'm not able to get vaicom to hook into the game anymore. I've deleted the export file and reset the custom path and repaired the dcs update. Short of uninstalling and reinstalling vaicom what else can I do?

Turn on debug mode, restart VAICOM, then post your log file here so we can see if there are any issues on startup.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

49 minutes ago, Habeas said:

Having a hell of a time getting the kneeboard to work.  When I say "kneeboard" VA is detecting "on the board"...

Could be a few things, but assuming the voice training is Ok, I usually get persistant unrecognized phrases when VA isn't recognizing the command, because it doesn't exist as far as VA is concerned

Are you running VSPX as that can make things a bit whacky and some of the commands aren't getting recognized properly yet?

Is the Extended Command Set option in the Vaicom pop up under the preferences tab ticked (it won't work unless it's enabled)?

If none of the above what you could try as a work-around and to prove that VA is recognizing your command is to go to the Vaicom profile for VA and make a command called Kneeboard. Then get that command to activate the keystrokes your module uses to open and close (or toggle) the kneeboard open and closed and see how you get on with that. If that works then either keep it, or if you go to the Vaicom Website and raise a ticket you can inform them that Voice Attack is recognizing the command as you've proved through a separate comand.

Personally I don't use the Kneeboard command (I'm running VSPX) and just have 2 commands that open and close the kneeboard by invoking the necessary.

Edited by Weegie

I am getting this error when I run the VAICOM Pro in debug mode. "there was a problem sending state update request:Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: remoteEPSystem.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: remoteEP
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SendTo(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size..."

I've reinstalled VoiceAttack and VIACOM Pro. Still have the same issue.

I am getting this error when I run the VAICOM Pro in debug mode. "there was a problem sending state update request:Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: remoteEPSystem.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: remoteEP
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SendTo(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size..."
I've reinstalled VoiceAttack and VIACOM Pro. Still have the same issue.
You run VA as admin? Had this once, can't remember how I solved it though.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Having a hell of a time getting the kneeboard to work.  When I say "kneeboard" VA is detecting "on the board"...
In addition to@Weegie's suggestions, have you completed the Vaicom Finish steps to make sure Kneeboard is in the VA command list?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

2 hours ago, Habeas said:

Is it detecting the same phrase every time?  If so, you can add that phrase to your command list.

• Like 1