VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Command is showing "Unrecognized: 'kiss off'. So it shows the words but is still unrecognized.

Additional comment: "Request Launch" does not seem to work also. The command does show recognized. Is there something I need to do with the "Finish" button. I saw that somewhere but it was confusing. Could that be the issue?

Okay...I am going to start over. How do I uninstall voice attack and vaicom pro. I tried through control panel and that did not remove everything. When I deleted and reinstalled voice attack, not all was removed. With the new Forum, I was unable to figure out how to search for the answer.

Edit: Found a way to remove all remnants of VoiceAttack and Viacompro. Reinstalled everything and all is good now.

Okay...I am going to start over. How do I uninstall voice attack and vaicom pro. I tried through control panel and that did not remove everything. When I deleted and reinstalled voice attack, not all was removed. With the new Forum, I was unable to figure out how to search for the answer.

Edit: Found a way to remove all remnants of VoiceAttack and Viacompro. Reinstalled everything and all is good now.

Good to know - the finish button might well have had something to do with it

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I've been a happy user of Viacom for quite some time, it has worked like a charm. Only now that I have bought 'Realistic ATC' and 'Kneeboard', I'm having trouble. Viacom just will not recognise any phrases that are related to the DLC. See you at ten, ball, clara, kneeboard... It doesn't recognise the words and (therefor) it doesn't do anything. When I set an alternative word for "kneeboard" it doesn't recognise that either. I have tested it and Windows speech recognition on the other hand is 95% certain that I'm saying kneeboard, for example.

I have completely deleted Viacom and reinstalled it, activating the licenses again, but the problem persists. I'm not seeing the commands for the DLC in the commands list either, except for kneeboard. Both Voice Attack and Viacom are up to date. I have not activated VSPX...

I'm at a loss since I have checked that all my settings are as described in the manual. What could be the problem?

Good to know - the finish button might well have had something to do with it

I had included many additional commands to the "virgin" profile. Should not have edited it. After purchasing Realistic ATC and using the Finish button, I was having problems. So I deleted VoiceAttack and Vaicompro and reinstalled them...was able to use the Finish button at that point with no issues. I then set up another profile and daisy-chained it to the "virgin" profile. Lessons learned, don't modify the "virgin" profile.

I have completely deleted Viacom and reinstalled it, activating the licenses again, but the problem persists. I'm not seeing the commands for the DLC in the commands list either, except for kneeboard. Both Voice Attack and Viacom are up to date. I have not activated VSPX...

Which command list are you talking about - the one on the Vaicom config editor tab or the one in the VA profile list?

Away from PC - sent using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Which command list are you talking about - the one on the Vaicom config editor tab or the one in the VA profile list?

I meant the VA profile list. However, I just did another clean install of both VoiceAttack and Viacom, this time also deleting any files remaining in my user/appdata/roaming/voiceattack folder, which I did not do last time. After reinstalling both VA and Viacom, the realistic ATC finally seems to work - it now recognises any ATC related comms such as ball and see you at ten. This part of the problem is solved!

I still however can't get the kneeboard to work. It just doesn't recognise the word. I would be more than happy to just bind it to a key. There are instructions in the manual for this, but I'm not having any luck, I'm not sure if the instructions in the manual are meant to show and hide the kneeboard, or just to browse between tabs on the kneeboard. Is there a foolproof way to bind the show/hide function of the keyboard to a key or button?

Have you tried voice training the word kneeboard and maybe adding it to the windows speech dictionary. I have a keypad button bound to show the kneeboard (it activates the DCS contols command) - i can try this with Vaicom running later to see whether this brings you to the Vaicom page if Vaicom is running

I have voice trained the word. When I run speech recognition and Viacom at the same time, I can see that speech recognition hears me say "kneeboard" with 90% certainty every single time. Viacom however doesn't recognise it. It thinks I'm calling 'Boar' or sometimes 'port' and it asks for additional input. So if the speech recognition knows what I'm saying but the function is not activating, could the problem be in the license activation? If I didn't have the license for the kneeboard DLC and I said "kneeboard", this is what you would expect to happen, I'd think? I am however sure that I activated the license.

I'm interrested what the 'kneeboard' DCS control command does, I won't be able to test it myself today.

I think it would tell you that you needed a kneeboard licence. Is kneeboard in the VA profile list of commands?

That is your issue - you need to press the Finish button on the Vaicom config editor page abd follow the instructions that appear

My pleasure - i have checked the standard DCS keybinding for the kneeboard and can confirm it brings it up at the Vaicom page

Anybody knows what changed in 2.5.23.1 compared to 2.5.23 released just days ago? Update notification just popped up on me again...

A hotfix to address the licence server issues

OK, thanks ! Then it is not too much for those who had it already, unless they want to buy some more licences soon (and don't want to have problem with unsuccessful activation attempts), right?...

Correct - I updated to it without any issues or need to redo Finish steps

With the latest update to OB and Vaicompro, I am now getting a uncommanded "comms menu" poping up and down. When a stock mission starts, the comms menu is up and eventually goes away. I press the comms switch on my HOTAS, it comes back up and eventually goes away. If I just sit and watch, it is coming up and down on its own. Any suggestions?

Edit: Sorted Above. Still have a question below.

Also, when I go to the Config page...Editor Tab, I notice the "Reload" button is in orange. I put my mouse over it and it says "Reloads database from last saved state". What is that about?

Also, when I go to the Config page...Editor Tab, I notice the "Reload" button is in orange. I put my mouse over it and it says "Reloads database from last saved state". What is that about?

Do you have custom aliases in your profile - if so, and you have reset Vaicom these might now be missing from the main set.

If everything appears to be working fine and the Test button says that the Vaicom and VA lists match I wouldn't worry about it.

Test button does say Vaicom and VA list match. I will ignore the Reload button.

I sent an email to your support page concerning not getting an "acknowledgement" beep. I got a response, not sure if it is directly from you or if you have a staff that answers emails for you. For example, I use to get a "beep" in between a phrase such as: Chief (beep), Remove the wheel chokes. I do get the beeps for opening and closing the mic switch. Anyway, I believe I have already have it setup in accordance with the response from the email...will double check.

Thanks...Drac

@Drac - no problem. Just to be clear I am an ordinary user - @Hollywood_315 is the genius behind Vaicom:)