Plugin nor VA connect with DCS - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-26-2020, 03:58 PM   #1
mutz

Cool Plugin nor VA connect with DCS

Gents
I was playing for quite a moment with VA and Vaicom Pro.
Than I bought a new soundcard (SB OMNI 5.1) but the card did not work correctly so I changed it again for SB X3 which works fine. Before installation I uninstalled all othe sounf devices to no problems. Than I reinstalled VA and Vaicom Pro. VA still understands me very well... but it does not connect to DCS, means no resons. So I checked the WEB, the Manuals, the FAQ still no solution. I have also no module on VAICOM. For me it seems VA or Vaicom point into the nowere...
Belive me I tried everything what was in the above mentioned DOC etc, now I am really at the end of my ideas and help from cracks in this forum. I was thinking that I understood the Programms but it seems not...
Any idea is appreciated, but as said alredy the common proposals did not help. Thanks Guys for any help or idea. Cheers Mutz
mutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 04:17 PM   #2
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutz View Post
Gents
I was playing for quite a moment with VA and Vaicom Pro.
Than I bought a new soundcard (SB OMNI 5.1) but the card did not work correctly so I changed it again for SB X3 which works fine. Before installation I uninstalled all othe sounf devices to no problems. Than I reinstalled VA and Vaicom Pro. VA still understands me very well... but it does not connect to DCS, means no resons. So I checked the WEB, the Manuals, the FAQ still no solution. I have also no module on VAICOM. For me it seems VA or Vaicom point into the nowere...
Belive me I tried everything what was in the above mentioned DOC etc, now I am really at the end of my ideas and help from cracks in this forum. I was thinking that I understood the Programms but it seems not...
Any idea is appreciated, but as said alredy the common proposals did not help. Thanks Guys for any help or idea. Cheers Mutz
VAICOM is a plugin for VA and talks directly with DCS. VAICOM does not send keypresses like VA does. It just uses VA for the speech recognition.
Can you post some screen shots of your settings in the VAICOM control panel?
Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
MAXsenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:19 PM   #3
hornblower793

If you turn on debug in Vaicom are there any messages in the log which give a clue

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.3GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S
hornblower793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:58 AM   #4
mutz

ok Guys

First of all thanks for your quick answers
Attached some screen shoots from the Vaicom and the log, where I gave some simple commands.

Multiplayer is not used yet.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Cheers Mutz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	config.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	248508   Click image for larger version

Name:	PTT.JPG
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	248509   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pref.JPG
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	248510  

Attached Files
File Type: log VAICOMPRO.log (3.0 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-27-2020, 10:19 AM   #5
MAXsenna

Hi Mutz! Thank you. Your path is wrong. You have pointed it to the bin folder. Point it one folder up. Only "G:\DCS World"
Also, you have set the slider to "openbeta". Your install seems to be Stable. Or the path should be "G:\DCS World OpenBeta", unless you have converted your Stable to OpenBeta.
Hope this helps!
Cheers

Old 09-27-2020, 01:25 PM   #6
mutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXsenna View Post
Hi Mutz! Thank you. Your path is wrong. You have pointed it to the bin folder. Point it one folder up. Only "G:\DCS World"
Also, you have set the slider to "openbeta". Your install seems to be Stable. Or the path should be "G:\DCS World OpenBeta", unless you have converted your Stable to OpenBeta.
Hope this helps!
Cheers

Ok the path was a test, it didi not work with the other path neither. The Folders name is DCS and it is the openbeta. I have also a stable installation but on another Drive therefore it should not ve an issue.
Old 09-27-2020, 02:13 PM   #7
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutz View Post
Ok the path was a test, it didi not work with the other path neither. The Folders name is DCS and it is the openbeta. I have also a stable installation but on another Drive therefore it should not ve an issue.
I'm on my phone so reading the log is a little cumbersome. Okay, then I take it you have changed the path accordingly. Now I need you to check the export.lua file in "Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\scripts"

EDIT: I read the log. Have you managed to drag your saved games into your contacts folder? Never seen that before, but it seems to work anyway.
VAICOM is working, so that's good. The problem is that your paths and registry settings seems off. And that will prevent the export.lua installation to be completed correctly. You already told us the path was a test. So, fix registry. Correct path. Delete export.lua and restart VA. That should fix it.

Cheers

Last edited by MAXsenna; 09-27-2020 at 02:21 PM.

Tags
profiles, vaicom, voice attack