VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Also not sure if makes a difference, but I am flying the hornet, not the tomcat.

That’s probably right since Heat Blur is supposed to release their own carrier.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

I do not have the F14 module and do not expect to buy it. I have noticed that a huge number of posts in this thread relate to issues with the F14/Jester addition to Viacom Pro.

My suggestion is that there be two separate threads, one for just plain Viacom and one for the F14. That will make hunting done past issues much simpler

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I’m by far not an expert in VA but what you mention might be doable based on another thread I just came across. Check out this post related to an in-cockpit scratch pad someone created. The OP used the Windows dictation functionality of the Speech Recognition module, coupled with VA commands, to capture (in a dictation buffer) then transcribe voice dictation into a scratch pad. Seems like you want to do something similar just transcribe the output into the chat window instead?

Check out the readme.txt they posted to see how it works... like I said seems doable if you’re willing to fiddle with how to get it to post to the right window

Sorry it's taken me this long to reply, Twwrhitey. Thanks for pointing me to that thread to me. I'll check it out on the week end.

:thumbup:

Rectum non bustus

I am new to Viacom but have some questions (have pro version and use Easy Communications and single PTT - also am referring to when in FA18 )

1. Am I correct in saying I need to turn Battery "ON" to start communications?

2. How do I contact Stennis ATC is it anything special in words?

3. After getting clear to start (which seems hit and miss) and I ask "Chief to Remove Wheel Chocks" I get no response. But if I hit "F11" which takes menu back to main menu I get a response to "Chief to Remove Wheel Chocks". Similar situation to if I want to abort takeoff.

It seems to me that the key presses in "Actions" are not leaving menu at correct level. Is this correct, as it seems to be unhelpful to have to hit "F11" to get a voice command to work. Or am I up the wrong creek so to speak?

Edited by Mangrove Jack

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

For the F14 -

I was away for a couple of months. Just updated everything.

Was there a change that would cause this message:

" RIO recipient is not available at this time."

When I request "Startup".

Viacom.jpg

Thanks

Edited by Need-To-Know

Fight to fly, fly to fight, fight to win.

Callsign: Need

Shu-Ha-Ri

So I’m having issues with that damn coms menu popping up, I’ve tried deleting my export.lua out of my saved games folder. I have Viacom directed to the correct beta dcs folder (it’s not c: it’s e: for me) and still. Also when I turn the chatter on nothing plays. I’m pressing the command and it shows it was activated just no sound. And my radios are on before someone ask lol am I missing something?

i7-6700k| 32GB ram| GTX 2080 founders edition| Oculus Rift 2

My WIP Youtube

So I’m having issues with that damn coms menu popping up, I’ve tried deleting my export.lua out of my saved games folder. I have Viacom directed to the correct beta dcs folder (it’s not c: it’s e: for me) and still. Also when I turn the chatter on nothing plays. I’m pressing the command and it shows it was activated just no sound. And my radios are on before someone ask lol am I missing something?

Seems you already did the recommended fix but did you completely shut down VA and DCS then restart VA first and then DCS? I had that issue before and I wasn’t restarting everything after I deleted export.lua

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

Seems you already did the recommended fix but did you completely shut down VA and DCS then restart VA first and then DCS? I had that issue before and I wasn’t restarting everything after I deleted export.lua

sometimes the little things slip your mind. Yes that worked lol. Now Im trying to figure out how I can talk in game without transmitting through SRS . you wouldnt happen to know would you?

My WIP Youtube

I am new with this mod. Have the PTT working in Voice attack but I don't see my Hotas Warthog key in my VAICOM keys entries. Only I see some TX entries. This is a little Head Braker…

Any Tutorial for a busy worker guy?

I have set the PTT and seem working in Voice Attack. First time ever with this program

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sometimes the little things slip your mind. Yes that worked lol. Now Im trying to figure out how I can talk in game without transmitting through SRS . you wouldnt happen to know would you?

Awesome! No problem. I haven’t used VA with SRS yet but I’ll see if it’ll work for me this weekend.

Awesome! No problem. I haven’t used VA with SRS yet but I’ll see if it’ll work for me this weekend.

The only way I can figure out to do it is by using AUX or intercom. Problem with that though is if I use my thrustmaster Hotas, take away the chatter from joystick button 2 (pushing in on the coms switch) and set it up for the AUX or intercom, it seems to have the opposite effect in activating the voice. Pushing it stops listening and releasing makes it listen. All the settings are set up just like the other switches. I’ve tried different buttons but no dice.

For now I’ll stick to pushing 6 on the keyboard which is annoying because I fly in VR.

My WIP Youtube

The only way I can figure out to do it is by using AUX or intercom. Problem with that though is if I use my thrustmaster Hotas, take away the chatter from joystick button 2 (pushing in on the coms switch) and set it up for the AUX or intercom, it seems to have the opposite effect in activating the voice. Pushing it stops listening and releasing makes it listen. All the settings are set up just like the other switches. I’ve tried different buttons but no dice.

For now I’ll stick to pushing 6 on the keyboard which is annoying because I fly in VR.

Yeah that sucks VR.

Latest Voice Attack Update OK?

has anyone updated to the recent latest Voice Attack Version - any issues with VAICOM or AIRIO?

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

has anyone updated to the recent latest Voice Attack Version - any issues with VAICOM or AIRIO?

I have the latest version and I don’t have any issues.

I updated to the latest VA version a few days ago and I didn't encounter any problems.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I am also on the latest version and all is good:thumbup:

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

VIACOM PRO Plugins NOT detected in Voice Attack

Support Staff,

VAICOM PRO for DCS World.vap File Missing from installation and VIACOM PRO Plugins - NOT DETECTED when LCTRL + LALT + C is pressed, NOTING HAPPENS.

HELP!!! Just bought it all and NOTHING Works. :(

PFA - Configuration options, etc.

Thanks.

1256498054_PluginEnabledampVIACOMPROforDCSWorld.vapfilemissing.PNG.0693996a925b35ca5acfe18f356c9fed.PNG

1588349608_VIACOMPROPluginsinstalled.PNG.57bda0933fc763c45009527d29a47d02.PNG

1628424790_DCSWorldLocation.PNG.ca0d41e8c74e62ca1c8e2be0eea1cc97.PNG

Support Staff,

VAICOM PRO for DCS World.vap File Missing from installation and VIACOM PRO Plugins - NOT DETECTED when LCTRL + LALT + C is pressed, NOTING HAPPENS.

Thanks.

Hi,

you didn't give us much informations to understand what you have done.

The vap file is located under VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO\Profiles.

Have you imported it already?

There is a really good step by step video with installation instructions on Youtube.

My VAICOM is working, so I suggest it is only a small mistake or a missing step in your manual installation process.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Support Staff,

Thanks.

The user manual gives a quick reference guide to installation and the YT referred to in the post above is

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hello all,

I have been having intermittent problems when attempting to use VAICOM PRO AIRIO in multiplayer, although it occasionally also happens in single player (very very rare).

Preliminaries at the time of the post:

DCS Open Beta Build 2.5.5.33184 Special settings are as instructed in the VAICOM manual.

SRS Build 1.6.1.0

Voice Attack Build 1.7.5

VAICOM Build 2.5.11.1-- Installed following the instructions in the newest version of the manual

I think the two problems may be unrelated.

The first being commands such as "Radio Tune" are met with "AIRIO recipient not available" or some such. Restarting everything (DCS, SRS and VA) usually solves it. If that fails, deleting the scripts folder will definitely fix it.

When the real gremlin attacks Commands such as "Radar mode" "Go Standby" "Map Marker X to X" somehow get transposed and execute a completely different command. After commanding AIRIO to go standby I receive confirmation and notification on screen saying that the command is accepted, followed by Jester saying "okay". This is where it gets insidious, it appears that this does indeed make Jester turn the Radar to standby. However, any subsequent commands issued are not remotely what I asked for. Attempting to switch Radar modes results in Jester going ground stab. And even worse because the commands are transposed it is impossible to return the Radar to active.

Now again this doesn't happen all of the time, just 2/3s of the time.

It is in times like these I wish I could fall back to the rose-wheel to at least not have to land and be completely useless.

Below is my log from the session where these symptoms took place.

VAICOM PRO logfile
Plugin version 2.5.11.1 (release)
License: PRO
Executing automatic lua code installation.
DCS World version 2.5 not found.
DCS World installation found: version 2.5 OpenBeta
  Using Registry entry for 2.5 OpenBeta
  DCS World installation path = G:\DCS World\DCS World OpenBeta
  Saved Games folder = C:\Users\theha\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta
  Reset: Export.lua
  Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua
  Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua
  Reset: speech.lua
  Reset: TabSheetBar.lua
  5/5 DCS-side files were updated.
Checking VA profile.
Importing RIO extension pack...
Done.
Loading keywords database...
Success.
Loading F10 menu items...
Success.
Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.
Adding 0 imported menu commands.
Building master keywords table...
Success.
Building master labels table...
Success.
No new DCS modules to import.
Startup finished.
Ready for commands.
------------------------------------------
DCS mission | F-14B_IA_Caucasus_Free Flight
Resetting selected units.
Player Donner entered module F-14AB Tomcat, unit callsign Enfield11
Nearest ATC: Ticonderoga class.
Chatter theme could not be initialized.
Captured sentence: go standby
Have result, identified as command : Go Standby
Unspecified recipient called: using default unit for this category
TX5 | SEL/AUTO: [ F-14 AI RIO ],[   ],[   ] Switch Radar Standby [   ] [   ]
Constructing message... 
Allied Flight (Texaco): Texaco, passing waypoint 2 at 14000
Allied Flight (Texaco): Texaco, on station at bullseye 299 for 240 at 14000
Captured sentence: go active
Have result, identified as command : Go Active
TX5 | SEL/AUTO: [ F-14 AI RIO ],[   ],[   ] Switch Radar Transmit [   ] [   ]
Constructing message... 
TX5 | SEL/AUTO: [ RIO ],[  ],[  ] AN/ARC-182 Tune 126.00 MHz [  ] [  ]
Captured sentence: wake up
Have result, identified as command : Wake Up
TX5 | SEL/AUTO: [ F-14 AI RIO ],[   ],[   ] Reset [   ] [   ]
Constructing message... 
------------------------------------------
DCS mission | BlueFlag - Persian Gulf v0.70.miz-dynamic
Resetting selected units.
Player [VFA-102] Donner entered module F-14AB Tomcat, unit callsign Enfield11
Nearest ATC: Kish International Airport.
Chatter theme could not be initialized.
TX5 SEL/AUTO: no tuned units.
Constructing message... 
Captured sentence: connect air supply
Have result, identified as command : Connect Air Supply
TX5 | SEL/AUTO: [ Crew ],[   ],[   ] Connect Air Supply [   ] [   ]
Constructing message... 
Ground Crew: copy
Captured sentence: ground power on
Have result, identified as command : Ground Power On
TX5 | SEL/AUTO: [ Crew ],[   ],[   ] Ground Power On [   ] [   ]
Constructing message... 
Captured sentence: request rearming
Have result, identified as command : Request Rearming
TX5 | SEL/AUTO: [ Crew ],[   ],[   ] Request Rearming [   ] [   ]
Constructing message... 
Ground Crew: ground air supply is now connected
Ground Crew: ground power is now on
TX5 | SEL/AUTO: [ RIO ],[  ],[  ] AN/ARC-182 Tune 124.00 MHz [  ] [  ]
Captured sentence: disconnect air supply
Have result, identified as command : Disconnect Air Supply
TX5 | SEL/AUTO: [ Crew ],[   ],[   ] Disconnect Air Supply [   ] [   ]
Constructing message... 
Captured sentence: ground power off
Have result, identified as command : Ground Power Off
TX5 | SEL/AUTO: [ Crew ],[   ],[   ] Ground Power Off [   ] [   ]
Constructing message... 
TX5 | SEL/AUTO: [ RIO ],[  ],[  ] RIO | Map marker 1 to steerpoint 1 [  ] [  ]
Captured sentence: navigate steerpoint 1
Have result, identified as command : Navigate Steerpoint 1
TX5 | SEL/AUTO: [ F-14 AI RIO ],[   ],[   ] Navigate Steerpoint 1 [   ] [   ]
Constructing message... 
Ground Crew: refueling complete
Ground Crew: rearming complete
Ground Crew: ground air supply is now disconnected
Ground Crew: ground power is now off
Captured sentence: rock and roll
Have result, identified as command : Rock and Roll
TX5 | SEL/AUTO: [ F-14 AI RIO ],[   ],[   ] Play the Walkman [   ] [   ]
Constructing message... 
Captured sentence: cut it out
Have result, identified as command : Cut it out
TX5 | SEL/AUTO: [ F-14 AI RIO ],[   ],[   ] Stop the Walkman [   ] [   ]
Constructing message... 
Captured sentence: link host
Have result, identified as command : Link Host
TX5 | SEL/AUTO: [ F-14 AI RIO ],[   ],[   ] Datalink Set Host [   ] [   ]
Constructing message... 
Captured sentence: link mode fighter
Have result, identified as command : Link Mode Fighter
TX5 | SEL/AUTO: [ F-14 AI RIO ],[   ],[   ] Datalink Fighter [   ] [   ]
Constructing message... 
Captured sentence: radar mode tws
Have result, identified as command : Radar Mode TWS
TX5 | SEL/AUTO: [ F-14 AI RIO ],[   ],[   ] Radar Mode TWS [   ] [   ]
Constructing message... 
Constructing message... 
Constructing message... 
Constructing message... 
Constructing message... 
Constructing message... 
Constructing message... 
Constructing message... 
Constructing message... 
Captured sentence: select stations 3 4 5 6
Have result, identified as command : Select Stations 3 4 5 6
TX5 | SEL/AUTO: [ F-14 AI RIO ],[   ],[   ] Select Stations 3,4,5,6 [   ] [   ]
Constructing message... 
Captured sentence: drop weapons
Have result, identified as command : Drop Weapons
TX5 | SEL/AUTO: [ F-14 AI RIO ],[   ],[   ] Jettison Selected [   ] [   ]
Constructing message... 
Captured sentence: radar mode automatic
Have result, identified as command : Radar Mode Automatic
TX5 | SEL/AUTO: [ F-14 AI RIO ],[   ],[   ] Radar Mode Automatic [   ] [   ]
Constructing message... 
TX5 | SEL/AUTO: [ RIO ],[  ],[  ] AN/ARC-182 Tune 123.00 MHz [  ] [  ]
Captured sentence: radio mode am
Have result, identified as command : Radio Mode AM
TX5 | SEL/AUTO: [ F-14 AI RIO ],[   ],[   ] AN/ARC-182 Mode AM [   ] [   ]
Constructing message... 
Created aliases database file for CSV export, keyword count = 796
File export success.
Exported aliases to keywords.txt, keyword count = 784
File export success.

1 thing maybe, voice attack is 1.7.6 now I think.

not sure it would cause these issues.

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 4.8 GHz |32 GB RAM 3000 MHz C15 | 1080ti | H150i | Samsung SSD 960 EVO 1TB m2.NVMe | Samsung SSD 840 EVO 1 TB

Rift CV1| Rift S| TM Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind pedals | NLR v3 motion platform

Vaicom Pro https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198297

SimShaker for Aviators https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175028&highlight=Simshaker

Point CTRL https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218861

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]