No LODs

hazzer

Blimey, :surprise: That's surprising, is it really that bad on a 1080Ti too?? It's noticeable if I look for it with my 1060 in VR, I would have thought that card would handle it.

Yeah it is, I do have my settings pretty high though to get rid of the jaggies

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

• 2 months later...

So can anyone confirm if the yak is going to get this sorted? I just turned shadows on for the first time in a while and every other aircraft in vr is fine apart from the yak. I have paid for this and expect it to be fixed in a reasonable time.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Any update on this. It's getting to a point now on our MP servers that we are considering removing the YAK52 due to the fact that it is now severely impacting framerates for participants. With the rest of DCS and other modules becoming more complex and taxing systems the YAK with no LOD model is not helping any optimizations. Please update asap so we can take the best action in the interest of keeping the YAK else its days are numbered.

Please update asap so we can take the best action in the interest of keeping the YAK else its days are numbered.

Suggest to take a look at the winter update thread when you can roughly expect an update.

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

• 1 month later...

Progress on this?

Not sure why it needs asking when this along with the other fps issues should be a number one priority.

Hey Guys.

The Yak-52 currently still has no LOD models. Making it all but impossible to fly formation with in VR. If I have another Yak-52 on screen apart from my own cockpit my FPS is down in the low 20s, which is nauseating in VR. Can we at least get some idea if they are being worked on by somebody? Heck give me access and I'll make the damn things! lol

Some facts:

FC3 came out: 7+ years ago

New MiG-29 3D model(s) came out: 3+ years ago

LOD0 3D model of the Yak-52: 195k tris

LOD0 3D model(s) of the MiG-29(s) 334k tris. 453k tris with dropped undercarriage and chute !!! and STILL NO LOD MODELS of the MiG-29(s)!!!

So, do you feel the REAL pain ?

• Like 1

May the THRUST be with you

• 5 months later...
It doesn't need asking, they are a priority for sure. I am kicking the tires on the new FPS issues which are making existing ones much worse.

Any progress on the fps issues and LODs

• 3 months later...

Was this ever resolved? Flying around today and someone spawned in a yak and my fps dropped when looking at them. Unbelievable that things like this go unfinished. 

• BIGNEWY changed the title to No LODs
  • NineLine locked this topic