Just for fun. Wishlist for future RAZBAM projects  

338 members have voted

1. 1. Just for fun. Wishlist for future RAZBAM projects

• F104
    • Yak38
    • Su7

None of the above on the list

RED

Mig31/BM>Mig25>Su17M4>Su24M>Mig23MLD"yeah i know".

Blue

F-15E>Mirage2000-5 or -9.

a mirage 2000-5 or -9 aint likely to happen. still classified. theres like almost no public data on those.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both the Starfighter and the Yak38 were terrible, accident prone planes that put a lot of pilots in the ground. The Su7 on the other hand is a legend.

I clicked on the wrong button. :( One of those F104 votes should go to the Su7. I would however recommend there always be a none of the above option included in these polls.

Starfighter claims for being accident prone, are kinda vague, and in some cases exaggerated. Many early supersonic aircrraft werent the ideal handling aircraft. it took getting used to. Mostly Only the nations that used this thing for ground attack complained mostly about problems with accidents

Sorry but no the startfighter is also quite an iconic aircraft, not as legendary as the F4 or the Teen Fighters, but still very notable aircraft ( arguably more so than the su7, which is far overshadowed by the Mig21 anyways) had many notable export users.. Without looking at specific version or sub-versions the F-104 can represent airforces from quite a bit of nations from cold war period.

http://www.i-f-s.nl/f-104-operators/

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 3 weeks later...

"Starfighter claims for being accident prone, are kinda vague, and in some cases exaggerated....."

I'll back this one up by also adding that a number of these planes were put to extreme limits in testing and were lost doing things that they weren't designed for. I also want to add, if memory serves, that the German's fledging Luftwaffe redux was transitioning from F-84's to F-104's and that was a steep learning curve for some of the youngsters. I haven't looked it up, but again, if memory serves from Rall's book, Experten Harttman forecast such an issue, and they lost around a quarter of the airframes they received in accidents and mishaps caused by pilot error.

You can hardly say a plane is "accident prone" as in most cases it's improper procedures on the crew resulting in fatalities and airframe losses that give those planes bad names. I'm not saying it's as simple as doing some reading and practicing, I am saying all planes that are deemed difficult to fly have a degree of attention, preparation, and "one step aheadeness" that some pilots simply aren't capable of managing or adjusting to.

~S

"Starfighter claims for being accident prone, are kinda vague, and in some cases exaggerated....."

I'll back this one up by also adding that a number of these planes were put to extreme limits in testing and were lost doing things that they weren't designed for. I also want to add, if memory serves, that the German's fledging Luftwaffe redux was transitioning from F-84's to F-104's and that was a steep learning curve for some of the youngsters. I haven't looked it up, but again, if memory serves from Rall's book, Experten Harttman forecast such an issue, and they lost around a quarter of the airframes they received in accidents and mishaps caused by pilot error.

You can hardly say a plane is "accident prone" as in most cases it's improper procedures on the crew resulting in fatalities and airframe losses that give those planes bad names. I'm not saying it's as simple as doing some reading and practicing, I am saying all planes that are deemed difficult to fly have a degree of attention, preparation, and "one step aheadeness" that some pilots simply aren't capable of managing or adjusting to.

~S

yea part of what i said was the F104 accidents were becasue It was forced into a secodary ground attack role.

frankly F104 was just not an aircraft well suited for many export users needs , but Sold and forced into a role thanks to lockheed bribery, especially during a time when fast pace of technology change. I think they are in part to blame.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Su-7! We need more Russian aircraft! >:]

meh i really dont see a point in Su7

a su7 module would really just be a radarless Mig21, without spo 10 rwr used for ground pounding.

Doesnt offer anything really

If any russian ground attack that wouldnt be totally primtive at the very least su17/22M4 )a t least that would have Tv guided missiles and offer Spo15 rwr, and Su25A style gunsight and allow for proper ccip for unguided bombs.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

meh i really dont see a point in Su7

a su7 module would really just be a radarless Mig21, without spo 10 rwr used for ground pounding.

Doesnt offer anything really

If any russian ground attack that wouldnt be totally primtive at the very least su17/22M4 )a t least that would have Tv guided missiles and offer Spo15 rwr, and Su25A style gunsight and allow for proper ccip for unguided bombs.

I am hoping for a Su-17/20/22 family aircraft myself, but the Su-7 is the closest thing given in the poll. :)

But I think the perfect aircraft for the Russians to get would be a MiG-23 (I would like an A-A variant :D)... Could also go for the Su-15 for fighters.

The RAZBAM MiG-23 was not given permission for... Hmmm... Does that mean someone else is developing it secretly :O. Time for the tinfoil hat to slide onto my head!

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

• 2 weeks later...

F-104G, since contributed for years to defense the airspace of many western NATO countries

and for his "multi-role":lol: capalities

sta1-Luftwaffe-F-104-960x534.jpg

f10423+22.jpg

f104starfighter-010.jpg

F-104S, to make happy italian and turkish guys here :megalol: with a pure interceptor

Lockheed_F-104S_ASA-M_Starfighter,_Italy_-_Air_Force_JP6990065.jpg

for historical Mig-21 vs F-104 battle

attachment.php?attachmentid=134707&stc=1&d=1455391880

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

• 3 months later...

I pit with the 38L. I'd love to see a REAL twin engine aircraft in DCS.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone, and a funny bone.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

The only one of these that would really make sense IMO is the F-104.

The Yak-38 would be a very complicated aircraft to create, being VTOL, and very few (less than 300) were ever built, AND I don't think they ever saw action. Could be wrong about that last part.

That said, if you look at the current lineup of planes that are announced, in progress, or already released, I think we need more 1970 and later era Russian planes.

I would love to see a Tu-28 or Su-15.

• Like 1

104, hands down.

I would walk around clicking and howling, and zoom up the stairs, when not flying it :)

• Like 1

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I would be VERY interested in a F-104 and would definitely be a customer. Tricky flight dynamics, great looks, and awesome performance - can't say no! :)

I think that simpler fighters like this that were kept in service till the 1980s or early 90s would have a solid place in DCS in light of the inbound F-14A/B, A-7E, and F-4E. Turkey and Italy still had F-104s in service in early 1990s (Desert Storm), so it could fit in to theoretical coalition operations, etc.

Definitely worth considering! :thumbup:

-Nick

• Like 1

Yak -38 have my vote.

I have an huge fall for Vtol fixed wing Airplanes

"God doesn't give people talents that he doesn't want people to use. And he gave you The Touch. It's a power inside of you, down there where you keep your guts boy. It's all you need to blast your way in and get back what they took from you..." - Chappy Sinclair