Our roadmap - Page 12 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-20-2018, 01:57 AM   #111
Legion

Reputation power: 2
Legion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKenny04 View Post
Any chance we can get an update to the roadmap? I know actual release dates are impossible, but can we get an idea of which aircraft are next in the pipeline?
What would it take to develop a map for DCS? I was developing a map for another game but I feel that a map for DCS would be much more complex.

Anyone have any idea on what goes into it and what it would take?

A Vietnam map would be a dream come true, with the F-4 and Mig-19 coming I'd say there is a chance of one in the future.

Also, can't wait for the Mig-19, is it the next one to be released?
Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 10:18 PM   #112
Magic Zach

Magic Zach will become famous soon enoughMagic Zach will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
What would it take to develop a map for DCS? I was developing a map for another game but I feel that a map for DCS would be much more complex.

Anyone have any idea on what goes into it and what it would take?

A Vietnam map would be a dream come true, with the F-4 and Mig-19 coming I'd say there is a chance of one in the future.

Also, can't wait for the Mig-19, is it the next one to be released?
MiG-19P is a long way off. The next module to be released is some F/A-18. There was a list released by ED on what modules are planned to be released this year. But unfortunately the P-47D is not on that list.

As far as I can tell, the next aircraft from Razbam will be either the MiG-19P or Super Tucano. Both have been in development for a little while, but based on the number of screenshots for each module, I'd say the MiG-19P will come first. Besides, there's still lots of debugging to be done on the Harrier, I hear.

Last edited by Magic Zach; 01-20-2018 at 10:23 PM.
Magic Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 03:40 AM   #113
Legion

Legion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Zach View Post
MiG-19P is a long way off. The next module to be released is some F/A-18. There was a list released by ED on what modules are planned to be released this year. But unfortunately the P-47D is not on that list.

As far as I can tell, the next aircraft from Razbam will be either the MiG-19P or Super Tucano. Both have been in development for a little while, but based on the number of screenshots for each module, I'd say the MiG-19P will come first. Besides, there's still lots of debugging to be done on the Harrier, I hear.

F/A-18 is from ED. Don't see why modules from Razbam would be delayed or held up until after F-18 release. Am I missing something?
Legion is offline   Reply With Quote