[A-4E Community Mod] Installing issue

The Thunderbird

Good evening everyone. I had to reinstall DCS because of a hard drive issue. Whenever I tried to reinstall the A-4E Community Mod it is not showing up in my open alpha menu screen like it did before. I downloaded the game to an SSD this time.

Is there any suggestions that anyone could have that may help me? With kindest regards - Thunderbird

:joystick::pilotfly:The Thunderbird:pilotfly::joystick:

You just have to make sure it's installed in the folder 'C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Mods\Aircraft\A-4E-C'. Then it should work properly.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

... I installed the Mod in both the user and the ssd saved spots...

That could be your problem. The mod should be installed only in the user-folder, as stated in my previous post.

May I ask why you are still using the openalpha instead of the openbeta or stable version? :huh:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I had a little trouble getting it to show up too. Here's the complete path to where all the files should be.

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\A-4E-C

On my system there was already a DCS folder under Saved Games. In the zip file I just copied the Mods folder (which contains everything else) into the DCS folder after I extracted to my desktop. Once I did that the module showed up in my Modules Manager and I was able to select it from the list of available aircraft in the other areas of the sim. I'm kind of new to DCS so there wasn't anything else in the Saved Games/DCS folder. If you already have some mods and possibly an aircraft folder, just copy the A-4E-C folder. As long as you wind up with the path shown above, it will work.

• 1 year later...