Slew AGM-65F

Anyone using the X56? I just upgraded to one from the X55, and I’m super pumped about the combined thumb slew and push down button, it may be perfect for this. Can’t try it till I get back from vacay though :)

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone using the X56? I just upgraded to one from the X55, and I’m super pumped about the combined thumb slew and push down button, it may be perfect for this. Can’t try it till I get back from vacay though :)

That’s only if the push down button doesn’t interfere with the operation of the slew. A lot of the cheaper switches used for this work well being pushed down and well at slewing but not both at the same time, unlike the real hardware.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Really hard for Wathog Throttle TDC cursor to move AGM-65F when TDC pressed

Really hard for Wathog Throttle TDC cursor to move AGM-65F when TDC pressed.It just moves randomly.

I have to map the TDC press key to another button.....Which really hurt immersion

That’s only if the push down button doesn’t interfere with the operation of the slew. A lot of the cheaper switches used for this work well being pushed down and well at slewing but not both at the same time, unlike the real hardware.

Crap haha! I’ll report back when I can try it out.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Really hard for Wathog Throttle TDC cursor to move AGM-65F when TDC pressed.It just moves randomly.

I have to map the TDC press key to another button.....Which really hurt immersion

So true.

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

You might even do what My lazy old as...self did :D I moved all my slew commands to the Comms button (right side top) and my comms commands to the slew button(front,far right). It's a whole lot easier (at least for me) to control the crosshairs with my thumb while hold down the other button with my pinkie.

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"I would like to see a check box in the Misc options menu to disable pressing TDC as a requirement"

I agree with the above statement. The way it is now you can't even fly the aircraft. I have to set the AP to fly straight then use both hands to lock the target. I think the TDC button would be much better if it were used to make subtle corrections. Like to make precision movements. Otherwise the way it was working was much easier for game play and I could keep one hand on the stick... kind of important i think lol.

Thanks ED for a great AC.

Dave.

Slewing the AGM-65F really is a pain in the ass, at the moment. I barely touch the slewing mini-stick on my warthog throttle and the seeker moves around for 90 feet. Slewing speed is much too high. Axis tuning doesn't help at all.

Aaah, just read this: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3710345&postcount=98. WIP.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

The Virpil throttle's 5-way hat can't be moved while depressed. Such a disappointment for me yesterday...
Same for me. This is one of those things that works in real life because the aircraft has hardware to support it. I agree that an option should be made available do not require the button be depressed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Agreed, a special option would be useful to the vast majority of users.

Realism to a fault is a detriment.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Slew AGM-65F

So I’m having the issue with slewing the IR Mavs. I hit the TDC Depress and can move it to the right and down, but for some unknown reason, I can get it to move up and to the left. Anyone else having this issue? I have a TM Warthog and I use the TDC that’s on the throttle. I have no issues with the radar cursor. I have only tried it once but I thought I’d ask if anyone else is having this same issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I’m having the issue with slewing the IR Mavs. I hit the TDC Depress and can move it to the right and down, but for some unknown reason, I can get it to move up and to the left. Anyone else having this issue? I have a TM Warthog and I use the TDC that’s on the throttle. I have no issues with the radar cursor. I have only tried it once but I thought I’d ask if anyone else is having this same issue.

Have you got the TDC button set to PULSE instead of HOLD? That is if you are using Target. If you are using Target script I have a solution if your interested.

what is your dead zone like. On my X56 I had to increase the dead zone a bit otherwise the thing had a mind of it's own. You could try mapping different designate button and see if that is interfering with your slew. On my X56 you can also set the button to Toggle so you can press it once and release move it around and press it again to designate. Not sure if I like that better or not.

Processor: i7-8700K CPU @ 5.1GHz (OC)

Memory: 16384MB RAM DDR 4266

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TI FE

VR: PiMax 5K+

HDD: Samsung SSD 960 EVO

HDD: WD SSD WDS100T2B0A-00SM50

I'm having the same problem using the TM Warthog. I can slew the radar TDC while holding the button just fine, but doing it with the -65F is near impossible.

I'm also using the Warthog's slew-nipple-thing for the TDC and the nipple's button as TDC Press.

I'm having the same problem using the TM Warthog. I can slew the radar TDC while holding the button just fine, but doing it with the -65F is near impossible.

I'm also using the Warthog's slew-nipple-thing for the TDC and the nipple's button as TDC Press.

+1 I had exactly the same behavior

, the digital slewing throttle hat switch sensor slew will not move to the left.

The analog axis “Nipple” works fine, but is too responsive for me even with large curvatures.

The sensor left button press is properly recognized in the Adjust controls: Throttle menu, but not in the game. I hope they can sort this out!

Cheers

Having pretty much the same issue except I can't get mine to move down.

Having pretty much the same issue except I can't get mine to move down.

+1

Can't move down and right

Tried moving while depressing the slew button (thought I read something about that), but it doesn't help

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

This is very strange movement-wise with the WH Throttle.

I have to say that I am not having this problem. Even with my Target script for a single press (no TDC press) works smoothly in all directions using the keyboard characters.

Have you tried moving the view using the keyboard? Just to see if it is directly related to the link between the WH and DCS configuration.

i made some tuning of the x- and y-axis of the throttle mini stick ...

it works a bit better ...

but i hope the problem will fixed with anounced tuning of the MAV slew itself ...

the input from axis works to long for detailed moving within the Mav screen ...

i mean if you stop slewing on axis the cursor is still moving :music_whistling:

we will see and test it after next OB patch :D

i do not know exactly but i felt that the TDC cursor is moving (and uncaging automatically) only with holding TDC depress ...

may be a fata morgana :joystick:

too much ...