Case I: How to respond to pitch up from flaps? - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-16-2019, 08:36 AM   #71
majapahit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weta43 View Post
LOL,
No, it's an indication that some 'Well balanced‘, ‘good prospects’, ‘highly motivated’, ‘high achieving‘, ‘determined’, ‘driven’ people, that still have a very promising career in the forces ahead of them, and that the Navy still sees as valuable recruits that they want to retain, have a different - on the whole probably more balanced - view of what constitutes a life well lived than some other people...
I see you are chiming in from Wellington NZ, mr. Weta43, you antipodes, you the weak of heart who have massive forests of ferns in your environmental protection programs (what the hell is that about, I ask not seriously),

such girly inclinations do not fit in with the harsh Spartan and manly (FA-18 girl pilots are no doubt considered to be of men substance), perhaps unspoken but very much observed to, self-willed selective process and tapping into the order of the USA military officers club, the NAVY and marines an especially wilful bunch, who think the open seas are theirs to inflict order upon any designated trespasser, rightfully so or not, not to be questioned.

Perhaps in Wellington the Viking has been bred out of you, I suggest not so much in the America of an admiral Chester W. Nimitz or a general Norman Schwarzkopf Jr, who would gladly eat you for breakfast if told to do so (whatever you might think of that on a more academic level, which on this subject matter has no value whatsoever).
Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 16GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 40" 1080p TV | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen | VR googles

Last edited by majapahit; 01-16-2019 at 08:51 AM.
majapahit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:31 AM   #72
Weta43
Veteran

Are you writing comedy in all your post ?
(Weirdly off topic comedy to boot..)
Perhaps parodying 15th century Javan attitudes ?

Back to the topic...
Personally, it seems to me that from videos IRL some pilots’ techniques involve stick and throttle movements to control the nose that wouldn’t be out of place in DCS as I end up flying it, & as long as you preemptively trim for AoA & use the stick, the plane is relatively easy to keep under control..
Old 01-16-2019, 09:32 AM   #73
Moa

"Perhaps in Wellington the Viking has been bred out of you,"
'Vikings', those wimps ? I personally am descended from cannibal natives of the region.

Most of our environmental protection is actually at sea - because oceanic species travel far to breed.

An we have an 'Air Force' with no force to it. The first duty of government is national defense and the proceeds of the tax slaves should be spent on other things after internal and external security are looked after - but that swindle of the political class is not unique to the Antipodes.

On topic: even on light aircraft 'ballooning' from extending flaps and 'sinking' when retracting are very prominent effects you learn to anticipate. So too with the Hornet and its best to be under 200 kts IAS as other posters have started.
Moa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:50 AM   #74
Weta43
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moa
we have an 'Air Force' with no force to it
True, but only 4 years till we have something with a combat radius of 2,200 km + 4 hours on station & that is capable of delivering AGM-84H/K SLAM-ER, AGM-84 Harpoon, Mark 54 torpedo, missiles, mines, torpedoes, & assorted bombs...
That'll cover some ocean..