Training mission nr9, A-G Gun Training

schurem

Training Mission nr 9, Air-to-Ground gunnery is bugged in 2.5beta. At a certain point Wags warns you to "watch your altitude, it's a low one" and he aint kiddin'! That gate has sunken below ground level in the Caucasus update! Too bad the mission script hangs on it, as a skipped gate means no more progress. Another bug reported O7.

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

• 4 months later...

Oh - for me that was okay - the following gate was just at tree-top level, so I thought the message had come early.

The problem I was about to report in this mission was the fact that he tells you to follow the gates to the target - but they don't lead to the target, they are off well to the left of it.

Screen_180713_105705.png

I also found the Kh-29 tutorial mission still has the old problems, too (not enough contrast at the time of day to get a lock - have to do a few circuits until the sun is coming over the horizon and changes the lighting conditions enough to attain a lock) plus my Kh-29 is not actually launching at all.

I've been reading of this same problem earlier this year and in fact in 2016 - so I'm guessing either they won't be fixed or if we're lucky maybe we get new or fixed ones with MAC.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

• 6 months later...

The targets (marked with the red smoke) on that gun training mission are also positioned to the right, not aligned with the gates the game makes you fly through. So I can't see how you could hit the targets if you follow the indicated flight path.

I also found the Kh-29 tutorial mission still has the old problems, too (not enough contrast at the time of day to get a lock - have to do a few circuits until the sun is coming over the horizon and changes the lighting conditions enough to attain a lock) plus my Kh-29 is not actually launching at all.

The Kh-29T did not launch, because the Shkval camera lock was obtained only when you were already too close (closer than the minimum range for that missile).

You have to wait longer, for even better light, but you do not have enough fuel to do that.

You can land at the near airfield (Kobuleti), refuel and wait for the Sun to rise more, or you can edit the mission to start later in the day, so that the Sun is above those mountains and the light is better.

I don't know if the Shkval camera should lock or not in those lightning conditions, from enough distance to be able to launch the missile. So maybe the camera works as it should and the mission does not account for that, or maybe the camera should get a lock from farther away, even with that light.