ECM help request

pepto

so the mirage has plopped itself up their as my new favorite module, but there is a severe lack of depth in terms of avionics. the manual isn't very helpful at all, most of the time it just names buttons and switches with no explanation at all (i understand they tried to get it out as soon as possible so i can understand)

but anyways to the meat of the topic, i heard jamming was one of the mirage's strongest advantages, which is very welcome considering the very limited AtA ordinance and their even more limited range, however i wish i could have some explanation as to how i can operate the jammer to its fullest potential. not only is the manual vague about it, it is inconstant, saying that the dial on the right of the ECM panel is a countermeasure mode selector, while the ingame tooltip says it determine jamming strength. also there are two modes for the jammer, you can either move the switch to the middle position or full forward, what differences do these present?

the most ideal thing would be an in depth rundown of the entire ECM panel but these are my main questions for now, and again a huge thanks to razbam for this wonderful christmas gift :thumbup:

Jammer strengh (cockpit tip) is a typo.

The manual got it right: the knob is about decoy programs, nothing to do with the jammer.

As for the jammer (and the other 2 switches next to it):

A = Arrêt = Off

M = Marche = On

T = Test = (built-in) Test

So only one position to get is useful, here: M.

Regarding the MODES selector to the left of the panel:

VEI. = Veille = Stand by

[] = ? = operating "normaly"

PCM = Priorité Contre-Mesures = [edit] prioritises jammer over radar, see next post from Zeus :thumbup:

Edited by Azrayen
  • Like 1

spacer.png

To operate the jammer you only need to turn it on (click the switch to the M position). That's it. The jammer is working,

The switch priority is something that is not enabled and we've been debating amoung ourselves if we should.

In the real aircraft the jammer is so powerful that it jams its own radar. So the priority switch is there to control that. If it is on radar priority, jamming signal is weak so you can use your radar. On jammer priority your own radar is useless.

As I said, we can enabled that "problem" but some team member say don't because nobody else have that weakness (but they should have it) and it will give them an unfair advantage in MP (He was specifically talking about SU-27 and F-15).

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

To operate the jammer you only need to turn it on (click the switch to the M position). That's it. The jammer is working,

The switch priority is something that is not enabled and we've been debating amoung ourselves if we should.

In the real aircraft the jammer is so powerful that it jams its own radar. So the priority switch is there to control that. If it is on radar priority, jamming signal is weak so you can use your radar. On jammer priority your own radar is useless.

As I said, we can enabled that "problem" but some team member say don't because nobody else have that weakness (but they should have it) and it will give them an unfair advantage in MP (He was specifically talking about SU-27 and F-15).

pls don't go for that reason. If the real M2000 has that "problem", so it should have it ingame :thumbup:

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

pls don't go for that reason. If the real M2000 has that "problem", so it should have it ingame :thumbup:

I would as well go for "full" realism. However, the question is legitimate given the fact that the other aircraft in DCS does not have this issue modeled...

Thanks Zeus & Az for the infos on ECM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its a sim, not a well balanced game of WoW, please put it in:cry:

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public

"Game Balance" should never prevail over realism IMHO.

I'd like to have it fully implemented, advantage or not.

As a compromise, you could add an option in Specials tab to select realistic jammer on/off.

+1 to jammer jamming your own radar. Someone has to start the realism. ED might follow with the F-15C and SU-27 especially when the community starts talking about it. It should be quite an easy fix for the F-15C and SU-27. Just put jammer lines all over the display when you put your jammer on when the radar is also on.

+1

If the real A/C is capable of jamming it's own radar our Mirage should do the same. Realism before Balance.

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

-1 to jammimg your own radar unless you don't have an interference blanker or its badly stressed.

That's why it has that priority switch.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

DCS is a *simulation*. Please don't ever think about not enabling an aircraft's feature because of silly multiplayer considerations... Unless you can find that in the real world opposing forces consider not using their equipment's capabilities because of "the poor enemy"...

This is not some "e-sport" game....

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com