HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Today i received the Reverb and Test it against my Rift S. My VR Settings are already high with PPD 1.5.

- I have Steam VR installed

- I must install the WMR Beta App From Steam

- I Disconnect my Rift S and Plug the Reverb into my 2080Ti.

Any special Operations for the best looking Reverb Picture in DCS?

I would set the SS to 100 in Steam and PPD in DCS to 1.0. I don't think you need more in my experience.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Hi,

I've read through most of this thread and now that the Reverb is available on the HP store (UK) the temptation is killing me. I would be very grateful if anybody would be able to answer a couple of questions before I commit.

I currently have a Lenovo Explorer which, while it is a wow experience, tends to leave me with a sore head after use. I don't wear glasses yet but I am probably heading that way - would the increased resolution of the Reverb make a big difference to this? - i.e. to anyone who has traded up, could the lower resolution be causing strain and headache?

Is it worth waiting for next generation? Is there anything at a similar price likely to beat the Reverb in the coming 6-12 months?

I currently use an Ultra-wide monitor (3440x1440@75Hz) and can run DCS with most options on high - is this spec likely to run Reverb at it's highest resolution?

Specs:

MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

i7-6700k @4.01Ghz

16GB DDR4 SDRAM

DCS is on a Samsung EVO 970 M.2 card

Nvidia Titan XP 12GB

Thanks! :)

Hard to say about vision. I am long sighted and wearing glasses to type this, with the Reverb I can read instruments I might need glasses for in the real plane as its focal length is around 2m. So it is perfect for me! Of all the headsets I have had (CV1, Odyssey+, 5K+, Index) the Reverb is most comfortable form a vision perspective for me. No guarantees that will work for everyone though.

Not sure what is coming next, there were rumours of an Acer with similar screen to the HP but with IPD adjustment but nothing recent.

Do you know your IPD as the HP does not have a manual adjustment?

Regarding PC spec the higher the CPU clock speed the better, I think a 6700K can go faster than that so it might be worth investigating.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Hard to say about vision. I am long sighted and wearing glasses to type this, with the Reverb I can read instruments I might need glasses for in the real plane as its focal length is around 2m. So it is perfect for me! Of all the headsets I have had (CV1, Odyssey+, 5K+, Index) the Reverb is most comfortable form a vision perspective for me. No guarantees that will work for everyone though.

Not sure what is coming next, there were rumours of an Acer with similar screen to the HP but with IPD adjustment but nothing recent.

Do you know your IPD as the HP does not have a manual adjustment?

Regarding PC spec the higher the CPU clock speed the better, I think a 6700K can go faster than that so it might be worth investigating.

Hi, thanks for the reply!

I have it at 64.5 but this is arbitrary as I haven't played around with different settings. My CPU is stock speed but it is water-cooled so I suppose it could go higher.

Do you think I would notice a huge increase in quality with the Reverb over the Lenovo? And would my specs be good enough to take advantage? I think that would be enough for me to go for it.

Thanks..

I am still getting a great deal of warping when I look down at trees and the edges of buildings. Any vets want to throw Reverb tips my way, ... I am all ears. Right now, resolution, the instrument panel and plane outlines are better in the Reverb, but the ground going by, trees and building edges are much better in the Rift S. Right now, I have the motion repojection set, everything in Steam VR is 100% and PD is 1.5 (at PD 1.0, my instrument panel is not as sharp).

Thanks Sze for the tip earlier!

The higher DCS PD is definitely what's causing the ghosting. I, personally, haven't noticed an appreciable difference in clarity going above 1.0. But, I know that's all subjective.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I am still getting a great deal of warping when I look down at trees and the edges of buildings. Any vets want to throw Reverb tips my way, ... I am all ears. Right now, resolution, the instrument panel and plane outlines are better in the Reverb, but the ground going by, trees and building edges are much better in the Rift S. Right now, I have the motion repojection set, everything in Steam VR is 100% and PD is 1.5 (at PD 1.0, my instrument panel is not as sharp).

Thanks Sze for the tip earlier!

I keep getting tempted by the Reverb then I continue to run across posts similar to this that gives me hesitation...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I don't think I notice a difference with 1.5 vs 1.0 PD. Last night I flew a bit with the new Reverb. Used wmr for steam beta this time and kept dcs pd at 1.0. Last time I could not tell the difference between 1.5 and 1.0 that much.

No dead pixels this time that I noticed. Will have to keep checking later.

Can someone describe warping and ghosting? I have not enabled motion reprojection yet either.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I don't think I notice a difference with 1.5 vs 1.0 PD. Last night I flew a bit with the new Reverb. Used wmr for steam beta this time and kept dcs pd at 1.0. Last time I could not tell the difference between 1.5 and 1.0 that much.

No dead pixels this time that I noticed. Will have to keep checking later.

Can someone describe warping and ghosting? I have not enabled motion reprojection yet either.

With ghosting, you'll see double images of buildings and trees as you fly past them. It usually happens when looking to the side. Now that you mention motion reprojection, I turned mine on back when I was following the erroneous advice of cranking SteamVR SS up to 188%. Now that I know better, I might try shutting mine back off to see what things look like.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

With ghosting, you'll see double images of buildings and trees as you fly past them. It usually happens when looking to the side. Now that you mention motion reprojection, I turned mine on back when I was following the erroneous advice of cranking SteamVR SS up to 188%. Now that I know better, I might try shutting mine back off to see what things look like.
I haven't noticed any of that. I do have my preload radius maxed out in settings. I do need to perhaps tinker with the settings in dcs since I wore the Odyssey. I also have not had time to check my fps but it just flew smooth.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I haven't noticed any of that. I do have my preload radius maxed out in settings. I do need to perhaps tinker with the settings in dcs since I wore the Odyssey. I also have not had time to check my fps but it just flew smooth.

Yeah. I don't worry about looking at FPS counters either. If it looks good, the FPS counter doesn't matter. Typically, the ghosting only comes up with motion reprojection enabled, so that might be why you haven't noticed any. I had just been using it to make everything smoother. I might not even need to do that with SS set to 100%. Definitely gonna try things without it this weekend and see how it looks.

Hi, thanks for the reply!

I have it at 64.5 but this is arbitrary as I haven't played around with different settings. My CPU is stock speed but it is water-cooled so I suppose it could go higher.

Do you think I would notice a huge increase in quality with the Reverb over the Lenovo? And would my specs be good enough to take advantage? I think that would be enough for me to go for it.

Crank up the CPU speed if you can, it does make a big difference for VR.

I had an Odyssey+ and considered the Reverb a significant improvement over it. The Reverb is what really got me into DCS.

After loading the SteamVR beta (with WMR for SteamVR beta) I noticed that 100% SS seems to have changed again and is now about native. So scratch the previous 74% advice!

Crank up the CPU speed if you can, it does make a big difference for VR.

I had an Odyssey+ and considered the Reverb a significant improvement over it. The Reverb is what really got me into DCS.

Well you've convinced me! I'll order it tonight.

Thanks bro, I appreciate your time. :thumbup:

very happy with my reverb!

offline without MSSA and with quite high settings in game I am constantly above 75-90 FPS.

but when I go online on a buddy spike server, for example., its more like 30-60 FPS depending the phase of the flight.

any sercret that I missed in this 400 page thread to gain FPS ?

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

I have all installed and working, WMR portal, steam VR and DCS.

And now how I run the game in VR?

I come from the Rift where you only need to run the DCS.exe.

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Edited by arturojgt

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

I have all installed and working, WMR portal, steam VR and DCS.

And now how I run the game in VR?

I come from the Rift where you only need to run the DCS.exe.

I only know the Steam version of DCS which will prompt if you want to run the VR version and load SteamVR.

That said I prefer to start up the WMR Portal, start SteamVR and start DCS just to satisfy me everything is working, probably unnecessary though!

I only know the Steam version of DCS which will prompt if you want to run the VR version and load SteamVR.

That said I prefer to start up the WMR Portal, start SteamVR and start DCS just to satisfy me everything is working, probably unnecessary though!

I don't have the DCS steam version, I have the stand-alone.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

I don't have the DCS steam version, I have the stand-alone.

Here is one last thing you need to have installed to get things working with DCS.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/719950/Windows_Mixed_Reality_for_SteamVR/

I would set the SS to 100 in Steam and PPD in DCS to 1.0. I don't think you need more in my experience.
My Rift runs without any issues in DCS, but the Reverb has Strobo flickering on every Loadscreen and heavy Ghosting and Jittering ,on the F16 ICP in Front of me. If I look sideways out of my Canopy, the ground is wrapping.... I have Test many Settings today, but the Rift S works much better and Smoother with DCS.

The Resolution is nice,but the Software and integration feels like a Beta and far away from Oculus

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

My Rift runs without any issues in DCS, but the Reverb has Strobo flickering on every Loadscreen and heavy Ghosting and Jittering ,on the F16 ICP in Front of me. If I look sideways out of my Canopy, the ground is wrapping.... I have Test many Settings today, but the Rift S works much better and Smoother with DCS.

The Resolution is nice,but the Software and integration feels like a Beta and far away from Oculus

It is running nicely on my PC, what CPU do you have? Do you have reprojection running? What are your video settings in SteamVR? Hopefully there maybe some things you can do to get it running better.

It is running nicely on my PC, what CPU do you have? Do you have reprojection running? What are your video settings in SteamVR? Hopefully there maybe some things you can do to get it running better.

I have a 2080Ti with a i9 9900k and 32Gig DDR4 running. Can you post your reprojection File here? i dont get it working.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

I have a 2080Ti with a i9 9900k and 32Gig DDR4 running. Can you post your reprojection File here? i dont get it working.
Sure.

default.vrsettings.zip

where is that file supposed to go ?
In your Steam\Steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\resources\settings folder
Edited by Baldrick33
typo

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

I started getting that strobe flickering on load screens only as of a few weeks ago also. It’s irritating and would be great to get rid of. Having said that it’s never lasted once it’s loaded up.

Anyone know how to get rid of it?

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.