PAK-FA Project

would you be so kind to explaind in detail for i am new at coding and modules,

You haven't got a chance in hell at completing your system list then, let alone a complex flight model. That's the honest truth.

You might get quite far with something like Simulink though.

That said, I thought you were doing a Challenger 300 as of only a couple of weeks back?

Especially considering:

And yes this Module will be fully cockpit clickable and have a realistic Flight model.

That's potentially a more realistic goal for someone going solo.

Edited by Buzzles

project code and 3D

Hey.....use code reuse from a aircraft similar and make a good 3D model....i would like to see World War II playing with "B17 Flying Fortress" and Spitfires against 109s and Doras and this could be a similar huge project....about the jet age i would like to see "mean" "birds" Mig-31 and MIG 35 RUSSIAN and SR-71 F-15E and Growlers for USA everything but nukes....if you dont use code reuse make a paid licence comission....using final price.

AirfixB17.jpg.39391df79b11d06272a46b8c396c01e6.jpg

Edited by frodrigues2016
forgot picture

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

You haven't got a chance in hell at completing your system list then, let alone a complex flight model. That's the honest truth.

You might get quite far with something like Simulink though.

That said, I thought you were doing a Challenger 300 as of only a couple of weeks back?

Especially considering:

That's potentially a more realistic goal for someone going solo.

Yes I am new to coding and 3dx max i have said that b4 ,that does not stop me from posting my goals, I have the free time to learn everything and do the project, and yes the challenger 300 is still on the works,takes months even years to finish a project of this magnitude specially me lacking the experience but willing to learn and take the challenge all because I really like the pak fa and I know with time people will thank me for my crazyness.

Yes I am new to coding and 3dx max i have said that b4 ,that does not stop me from posting my goals, I have the free time to learn everything and do the project, and yes the challenger 300 is still on the works,takes months even years to finish a project of this magnitude specially me lacking the experience but willing to learn and take the challenge all because I really like the pak fa and I know with time people will thank me for my crazyness.

While I approve of your enthusiasm, I'm just going to point out it took ED with a full professional and experienced team over 4 years to bring the A-10C to market, and they've been working on the F-18 for at least over 2. Belsimtek and all the other third parties all take over a year to get a module out from when they announce it.

There's also the fact the Pak Fa is a brand new Russian plane that's not even in service yet, have you got any hard data yet on any of its system operations, or it's flight charactisics?

ED couldn't get data/approval to do an SU-27SM last time they tried.

Before you spent money on the Turbosquid model, did you research into what people have said about bought models? There's a general consensus they're never good enough for DCS, and to bring them upto DCS standard generally is more effort than starting from scratch.

Edited by Buzzles

While I approve of your enthusiasm, I'm just going to point out it took ED with a full professional and experienced team over 4 years to bring the A-10C to market, and they've been working on the F-18 for at least over 2. Belsimtek and all the other third parties all take over a year to get a module out from when they announce it.

There's also the fact the Pak Fa is a brand new Russian plane that's not even in service yet, have you got any hard data yet on any of its system operations, or it's flight charactisics?

ED couldn't get data/approval to do an SU-27SM last time they tried.

Before you spent money on the Turbosquid model, did you research into what people have said about bought models? There's a general consensus they're never good enough for DCS, and to bring them upto DCS standard generally is more effort than starting from scratch.

Yes I am aware of the huge project I have in hand and its fine by me,after all I have the time to do it,as for hard data on the pak fa I am going to use the engines data which is not classified at all for its thrust and speed to simulate its speed,power ratio,with the dimensions factors such wing loading we can get the correct aerodamatic achievements, such as energy loss,and how agil it is,hard to find data like angle of attack limits and software for the sistems that I have to look deeper for the closest equation,as for the model I am have 2 ,one is a test bed for me to learn on coding into game and the other one is the final product, as for standards of quality in dcs ,let's just point out the P-51 has around 100.000 polygons my final model has 124.000 polygons ,polygons dcs limits around 150.000 I am not mistaken or a bit more for it to be stable,I found a great guide which guides you step to step on how to code,model into dcs which its a huge leap for me and will help me alot, I have a bit of advantage due to having the models ready and only left with coding them into the game which still going to take months,I apriciate all those who support me and all those who have pointed me in the right direction to the learning guides.

Hey Cubanace, go for it !!!!!!!!

At the moment the current model is okay with su27 cockpit and flight model but what you are proposing is very exciting. Have a look at the PAK FA T 50 model produced by Flyfreestd for FSX, might be of interest.

Hey Cubanace, go for it !!!!!!!!

At the moment the current model is okay with su27 cockpit and flight model but what you are proposing is very exciting. Have a look at the PAK FA T 50 model produced by Flyfreestd for FSX, might be of interest.

thank you for the comment and for the heads up about that fsx,that model is for fsx and cant be ripped off, i already have a legal model that is open source and can be used in any engine that can handle it.

it is a great plan,hope you succeed.

Thank man,with the help of this community I m pretty sure I will finish this,I have already found great posts and teaching on how to make this happen,I also found great new information on the pak fa radar equation,what I am lacking is,detail on the navigation,hopefully I'll find info as close to that of the su-35 ,they both share similar navigation suites.

Hi Cubanace,

nice theme but I think it looks a little like F15 scheme, much better if you stick to the actual 055 or 054 scheme, much more realistic.

Other than that comment please keep up the great work, looking forward to the release when it's ready

Scheme looks good. The icon could use some work tho. Even if this doesn't make mauled status it would be cool as an AI opponent.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Hi Cubanace,

nice theme but I think it looks a little like F15 scheme, much better if you stick to the actual 055 or 054 scheme, much more realistic.

Other than that comment please keep up the great work, looking forward to the release when it's ready

Thank you kim! and as for the Pak Fa scheme i have to use this one for now untill i get clearance from Sukhoi,no markins as of now, as for the name pak fa and sokhoi its fine,i have a notice already stating "

The intellectual property depicted in this model, including the brand "sukhoi", is not affiliated with or endorsed by the original rights holders" got to keep it legal.

Scheme looks good. The icon could use some work tho. Even if this doesn't make mauled status it would be cool as an AI opponent.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

oh yes that icon needs alot of work,i am trying to get the right size,its kinda hard and i want to give it like a shadow among the edges.

Looks like quite a Machine. Is there anything in DCS that will give it a run for its Money?

Good luck getting the project completed...

Cheers

Rotor57

My Rig; Intel i7 3770K @ 3.5_32GB RAM_GTX 1080 _X55 Rhino Throttle_TM_Warthog Flight Stick_TM Pedals_28" 4K Eyeball Bleeding Monitor::doh:

Take off is optional, landing is not::pilotfly:

FC3; CA; NTTR; P51; Spitfire; F86F; Mig15; F5; KA-50; AJS 37 Viggen; UH-1H; F18C; A10-C;M2000;AV8B-N/A;Christen Eagle;