A-6 "Intruder" by Razbam

YoYo

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

e299b67526136e19b9b21ff362f81e8a.jpg

Ah, a VAQ-135 Prowler from when they wore the AJ tailcode. One of the best CAG liveries imo, though their 2007-09 CAG bird was nicer looking.

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

look at her... shes so dirty and i love it !

US_Navy_031026-N-6536T-009_An_EA-6B_Prowler_assigned_to_the_Black_Ravens_of_Electronic_Attack_Squadron_One_Thirty_Five_%28VAQ-135%29_flies_over_the_Western_Pacific_Ocean.jpg

Thank you for this image good sir, I’ve been looking high and low for images of bird 501 from VAQ-135 as a reference for weathering scale models, I now have a beautiful one showing all that glorious grime.

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

• 2 weeks later...
look at her... shes so dirty and i love it !

US_Navy_031026-N-6536T-009_An_EA-6B_Prowler_assigned_to_the_Black_Ravens_of_Electronic_Attack_Squadron_One_Thirty_Five_%28VAQ-135%29_flies_over_the_Western_Pacific_Ocean.jpg

Well you know, if she wasn't leaking she didn't fly....lol

With only four aircraft on the det and one usually being our hangar queen, they usually only got a hand wipe down with some piss can until we had a couple of no fly days in a row or a port availability.

I sure do miss working on A-6 and EA-6 aircraft.

Now where is that speed brakes control again?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are several high power RF-emmitters close to the canopy, so a thin film of metal is deposited (PVD) onto the canopy glass for RF-shielding (basically turning the cockpit into a faraday cage). A similar process is used for the canopies on planes like the F-117/22/35, which prevents the cockpit from acting as a corner reflector for the incoming radar waves.

The product will be cheaper during pre-orders, but not during Early Access.

We expect the F-14 to be quite complete and stable both on release and shortly thereafter. Full feature completion (i.e. no more additions to Jester, both campaigns released, F-14A out, Carrier battlegroup done) will hopefully happen this year.

That said, the F-14 is a flagship product for us in many ways, so expect it to evolve (not in a bad way, meaning improvements) for a long time to come.

Jester AI improvements will be downported where they make sense (e.g. we wouldn't port specific ground radar jester stuff into the F-14, for example). Jester is, in general, however a very common framework which we even hope to license to other parties in the future. Hence, porting of features will be facilitated for in a way that makes sense.

Nicholas Dackard

Director | Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Can we get this for the A-6E?

There are several high power RF-emmitters close to the canopy, so a thin film of metal is deposited (PVD) onto the canopy glass for RF-shielding (basically turning the cockpit into a faraday cage). A similar process is used for the canopies on planes like the F-117/22/35, which prevents the cockpit from acting as a corner reflector for the incoming radar waves.

That explains well that color tinting then. I knew there is a some kind "net" but that was cause for the color....

As one of the things that has had me worried is the radar and ECM equipment in these aircrafts that when you are disallowed to power-up the radar on ground as you can cook even a cat from long distance with them, then how well is a pilot(s) protected from all that radiation just front of them when they have even the windshield between them.

As I don't know how many would be willing to place a such a kilowatt microwave "oven" between their legs, without knowledge of 100% protection against it :D

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

As I don't know how many would be willing to place a such a kilowatt microwave "oven" between their legs, without knowledge of 100% protection against it :D

We had lead lined aprons to wear when servicing radars on ships, even lead glass inserts to put in place of the metal covers so we could see what and how we were manipulating/testing the circuits in the transmitters.

You always felt a bit uncomfortable being close to them while they were transmitting even when you had all the protective gear on.

We also had a small apron thing that went from your waist down and had a tail to go between your legs all to protect your wedding tackle :helpsmilie: :D

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

We had lead lined aprons to wear when servicing radars on ships, even lead glass inserts to put in place of the metal covers so we could see what and how we were manipulating/testing the circuits in the transmitters.

You always felt a bit uncomfortable being close to them while they were transmitting even when you had all the protective gear on.

We also had a small apron thing that went from your waist down and had a tail to go between your legs all to protect your wedding tackle :helpsmilie: :D

And nothing to protect your head or the brain inside it!?

I recall Prowler saying they were working on one from scratch, like none of it had been form any of their previous models from FSX or SF series or anything. He did allude to having to wait for the ground radar stuff, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be out the door as soon as ED releases the rights/info/tech/whatever they say in their biz to other devs. Also it sounds like there are already a few other planes ahead of whatever we as the community speculate and hope for, MiG-19, Super Tucano, and Mirage III have all been talked about as being ahead of a potential A-7 and MH/CH-53 of sorts.

We'll just have to wait and see what "Santa" brings us by Xmas of 2019, anything before that is just a special gift. It's hard to be patient lol....Intruder is one of the modules I was most hoping for in the future, and I am as antsy as anyone, but we just need to wait until we get something solid showing progress is actually being made on an Intruder.

Which I hope it is :-)

• 4 months later...

Maybe this is this surprise? Back to this project?

Fingers crossed!

Z1cWIDvl.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro