HP Reverb, WMR, DCS is totally broken for me in VR?

Crunchy

I purchased the HP Reverb recently, which is a WMR headset, but I just can't get DCS to work with it properly due to a blue bar that comes up on my screen at the top. In this bar it says to Win + Y to use the desktop instead of the headset. Now here's the problem I'm experiencing. The only time I can click alt + enter to go to full screen to stop the mouse moving out of the game window in DCS, is when this Mixed Reality portal window is on top of the DCS window. This is no good though because as soon as I press alt enter it is the the Mixed reality window that goes to full screen and I lose the mouse function in DCS and the HP Reverb.

The only way I can use DCS at the moment is by using the small windows of DCS displayed on my desktop, I can't make the DCS window go full screen pressing alt + enter? This obviously causes all sorts of problems like the mouse moving out of the window when trying to press switches in the sim. I have tried the setting in DCS to set the mouse to not to move out of the gaming window in DCS settings but it still does and I end up clicking things on my task bar etc. I just wish there was a way to disable this terrible blue bar with this Win + Y key because I just can't play DCS in VR properly. I just can't get the DCS screen to go full screen pressing alt enter and get the mouse to work in the DCS unless it's just in the the small window DCS screen?

I thought that wags were going to do native WMR support for this and I have spent a lot of money on this sim for VR, which is unplayable for me due these problem. I just pray someone can help me with this because it's beyond frustrating. Failing that are they going to support native WMR like they said they would?

Edited by Crunchy

I purchased the HP Reverb recently, which is a WMR headset, but I just can't get DCS to work with it properly due to a blue bar that comes up on my screen at the top. In this bar it says to Win + Y to use the desktop instead of the headset. Now here's the problem I'm experiencing. The only time I can click alt + enter to go to full screen to stop the mouse moving out of the game window in DCS, is when this Mixed Reality portal window is on top of the DCS window. This is no good though because as soon as I press alt enter it is the the Mixed reality window that goes to full screen and I lose the mouse function in DCS and the HP Reverb.

The only way I can use DCS at the moment is by using the small windows of DCS displayed on my desktop, I can't make the DCS window go full screen pressing alt + enter? This obviously causes all sorts of problems like the mouse moving out of the window when trying to press switches in the sim. I have tried the setting in DCS to set the mouse to not to move out of the gaming window in DCS settings but it still does and I end up clicking things on my task bar etc. I just wish there was a way to disable this terrible blue bar with this Win + Y key because I just can't play DCS in VR properly. I just can't get the DCS screen to go full screen pressing alt enter and get the mouse to work in the DCS unless it's just a the small window DCS screen?

I thought that wags were going to do native WMR support for this and I have spent a lot of money on this sim for VR, which is unplayable for me due these problem. I just pray someone can help me with this because it's beyond frustrating. Failing that are they going to support native WMR like they said they would?

I’m guessing the fact that so many people have made it work means that it works fine and you’re doing something wrong

Getting frustrated at ED is rather silly

My first piece of advice is to click the button in the BR settings to limit the cursor to the main display

I don’t use VR but so many people do and make it work fine, so wait for a response from them before getting upset.

What makes you think I am getting frustrated with ED? The blue bar thingy is a WMR option that has nothing to do with ED. I'm just saying I have a problem that I can't seem to fix which is making the game unplayable for me. Anyways, I already had that setting checked in VR, which I explained in my post.

I just wondering if they are going to support native WMR instead of using Steam VR because they mentioned this sometime ago. I don't frequent these forums regular, so for all I know they might have said they are no-longer doing native native WMR support.

Edited by Crunchy

I have the Reverb and it works w\o issue everytime. I just star the pc, click on steam to start the wmr software, sometimes it starts up automatically when the pc starts. I then double click the dcs desktop icon (non steam version), and it starts up with steam vr. Then alt enter and I work away. The only issue I may have is I may have to redo the boundary for WMR before I start dcs. No issues with dcs, although taking steam out of the equation would get rid of the extra overhead. As for the Windows+Y, that's to switch between the hmd and the desktop, but as usual you have to click on the dcs window to use\interact with the dcs menu and use alt enter to maximise the dcs window so it doesn't do it's escape act as you interact with the cockpit. It's all more or less a non issue and very straightforward.

I have the Reverb and it works w\o issue everytime. I just star the pc, click on steam to start the wmr software, sometimes it starts up automatically when the pc starts. I then double click the dcs desktop icon (non steam version), and it starts up with steam vr. Then alt enter and I work away. The only issue I may have is I may have to redo the boundary for WMR before I start dcs. No issues with dcs, although taking steam out of the equation would get rid of the extra overhead. As for the Windows+Y, that's to switch between the hmd and the desktop, but as usual you have to click on the dcs window to use\interact with the dcs menu and use alt enter to maximise the dcs window so it doesn't do it's escape act as you interact with the cockpit. It's all more or less a non issue and very straightforward.

One of my issues was I had that Windows Y key set to auto, but it's helped now that I have switched to manual. I am now able to do all the DCS menus in DCS and alt tab when I need to. The problem was having it set to auto and not clicking on the DCS icon on the task bar or in the game window in DCS, but it's working now.

What makes you think I am getting frustrated with ED?

Your post: "I thought that wags were going to do native WMR support for this and I have spent a lot of money on this sim for VR, which is unplayable for me due these problem." implies it, you're blaming ED for your problem.

you dont need to press ALT + Enter to go full screen in vr.. there is a setting in Steam VR to change from Win + Y key to auto use the sensor in the headset..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

The only way I can use DCS at the moment is by using the small windows of DCS displayed on my desktop, I can't make the DCS window go full screen pressing alt + enter? This obviously causes all sorts of problems like the mouse moving out of the window when trying to press switches in the sim. I have tried the setting in DCS to set the mouse to not to move out of the gaming window in DCS settings but it still does and I end up clicking things on my task bar etc. I just wish there was a way to disable this terrible blue bar with this Win + Y key because I just can't play DCS in VR properly. I just can't get the DCS screen to go full screen pressing alt enter and get the mouse to work in the DCS unless it's just in the the small window DCS screen?

Working flawlessly for me . This setup guide might help...….

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4075352&postcount=7

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

Working flawlessly for me . This setup guide might help...….

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4075352&postcount=7

I found out what it is but can seem to do a thing about it. My HP Reverb just keeps telling me I have lost the Boundary. What can I do to improve this because no matter what I try, like brighter lights and things on the wall etc. It still comes back with that message. I have tried clearing the environment in settings and resetting up the Boundary but it still doesn't work I still get lost boundary message. Also reinstalled Mixed reality Portal and Steam VR and still the same.

............….e I have lost the Boundary. What can I do to improve this ……………....

Will first you need to confirm that your device works as designed, and maybe you are not quite there yet with that. Use WMR to test the tracking. Forget DCS for that. Try it in a different room if you are having problems. Also test the 'see through the camera' to make sure cameras are seeing the environment. That also gives some idea of the contrast the camera is seeing, if there's little, put some in.

Issues I found, direct lamp in the eye of the camera not good. monitors on my desk, I put some contrast on them, maybe a webpage. Big black mouse mat was a no no, especially looking down close to the desk. Cause its FOV gets small, and all it sees is black. I'm lucky the desk is grainy wood, but if it was slick it would be an issue. If you are to be pointing the headset under the desk, it might need contrast/light.

There's not enough info I can see on the net yet to define best conditions for inside out tracking, but as user experience improves, we will get better lists of do's and dont's.

Be patient, good setup will take some time. Frankly the inside out tracking amazes me with what it can do. Not perfect, but trade off of convenience is worth it and it will get better.

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]