Track IR advice - getting some weirdness

When I'm dogfighting, especially guns only, I'm looking out of the canopy most of the time and constantly changing my view angle. A lot of the time when I return to looking forward I find that I have suddenly turned into a very small person and am embedded in the seat looking up at the hud or even the stick. If I then lean back it'll reset to a normal position. Attached a couple pics of the A-4 cockpit view position in this situation.

Anyone have any idea what I can change to deal with this? Should I severely reduce the Z-axis (head zoom) of the tracking since I use in-game zoom anyways?

I can re-create this position without dogfighting. Lean forward, look up, while looking up lean back, then look down. Suddenly you're antman. Very silly.

edit: spelling, words

20191007200842_1.thumb.jpg.b637c5cae86e7efc169d209381111625.jpg

20191007200848_1.thumb.jpg.3678b41d4d5e2e04a9add0620fd89076.jpg

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Is this happening only in A-4 cockpit or other AC's?

By the way, could you upload a short track?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

This happens in f14 and a-4 to my knowledge, as those are the only jets I own that I've done fighting with. I'll try to upload a track but I'll have to figure it out.

It primarily happens like this: I enter a turn, I look over my shoulder and slightly up, I pull my nose around to match my eye position and realize my face is now like a foot under my HUD so I have to sit back to recenter before attempting to shoot

Edit: this does not happen in il2 bos I don't think. I use the same profile for both games.

Edited by Relic

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Your track ir is not returning to its center position. There are certain short cut keys linked to track ir. For example, pause and center etc. The keys should not overlap with dcs otherwise whenever u press those keys in dcs the track ir will be effected.

Secondly, if u are wearing glasses in that case u have to put the track ir at a certain distance and angle other wise reflection from glasses will make track ir go mad.

thirdly, sunlight in the back ground will also effect the trackir.

Your track ir is not returning to its center position. There are certain short cut keys linked to track ir. For example, pause and center etc. The keys should not overlap with dcs otherwise whenever u press those keys in dcs the track ir will be effected.

Secondly, if u are wearing glasses in that case u have to put the track ir at a certain distance and angle other wise reflection from glasses will make track ir go mad.

thirdly, sunlight in the back ground will also effect the trackir.

The issues with glasses reflections and backlight ive had and resolved, and aren't related to this issue. I can reproduce this position without the ir losing track of the reflector.

I've "fixed" this issue as far as I can tell. It was related to the Y axis for me. So what I tend to do is lean forward a lot and down/up to look around the F14 cockpit. I had too much allowable movement in the Y- (down) axis. It's not even realistic to scrunch down as much as I was since you're stuffed and belted into a cockpit seat. I unchecked "mirror" in y axis and made it so my head can only go straight down a very small amount.

Further, I changed my z axis (leaning forward) to be one-to-one. Now I cant lean forward into the glass basically, and I cant get my head too low.

This translates into DCS that it won't read my head being in the floor after I finish looking over my shoulder, or lean up to look around the cockpit frame. And it doesn't reduce my actual visibility so long as I remember to use the actual in game zoom button.

Hope this helps the other posters here.

Edited by Relic

Banner EDForum2020.jpg