Next Aircraft - My best guess

CAmastersgt

No, the next plane from ED will be the P-47

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Next aircraft from ED are pretty much confirmed to be the P-47, Mi-24 and F-4. After that we've got the Me-262 too. That's pretty much the next three to four years all booked up. As much as I'd like a Tornado I wouldn't hold my breath. If it's coming at all, it probably won't be from ED.

And Pharoah, I completely agree with your wish for an UH-60. I'd even go a step further and wish for an HH-60G. Got plenty of cool stuff, but not so cool that it'd be too classified to make it's way into DCS. FLIR, TFR, Aerial Refueling, Hoist; what's not to like?:D

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Known modules under work by ED:

- P-47D

- Mosquito

- Mi-24P

Known modules that are supposed to come after these:

- AH-1F

- F-4E

- Me 262

It may come from a 3rd party, but unless they change existing plans, it isn't in ED's roadmap for now.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Tornado

Noticed it on the Nevada map parked with all the other flyable models, no other planes around. I think it might be a clue that that plane is in the works from ED.

What say you?

I can only hope so!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Tornado

Noticed it on the Nevada map parked with all the other flyable models, no other planes around. I think it might be a clue that that plane is in the works from ED.

What say you?

Where exactly did you notice that btw?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

If the Me-262 is going to come in the future, I hope they also consider adding the Meteor F.3 as well. It is hard to talk about hypothetical battles among jets then the Me-262 vs Meteor F.3 on who will win in what situation.

The roadmap for the flyable WW2 stuff has been posted since the kickstarter - iirc after the imminent P-47 there's the 262, Mosquito, and Typhoon. My vague memory suggests that's the end of the plans, they have AI units to add of course.

Heatblur :music_whistling:

The Mi-24 is going to need a gunner who's a bit more intelligent than the current door gunners, may end up with AI crew in core. I find myself wanting to eject Jester most of the time, although I doubt I'd feel any different about anyone else's back-seaters...

I'd love to know what a GR3 Tornado is. RAF ones went GR1-F2-F3-GR4

Edited by Richard Dastardly

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

There's an AI Tornado in the game and thats probably what you saw. No offense, but it's probably just wishful thinking on your part as no one has even hinted at doing a Tornado. If heatblur does another module, and thats a big if, they've implied it would be the A-6. I know you Tornado guys are passionate about it and I hope you get it someday. But convincing yourself its in development is on setting yourself up for disappointment.

I think Jester986 has a point. There might be a subtle hint at something that's somewhere down the line, but it just as well might be some random scenery going on. Only because there have been casual mentions of other projects in a video or two before doesn't mean that literally every detail in any given video is engineered to some master plan.

F-117A Nighthawk and the MiG-31 Foxhound would be pretty cool i think. For rotary i'd love to see the AH-64 Apache, but i guess there is too much stuff classified with this baby... perhaps we get the A-model one day.

Since the mud hen is in early developement in RAZBAMs F-15E Strike Eagle project, i'll desperately wait for this bird until my other DCS dreams come true...and hope for RAZBAM doing some good work with it.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

There's an AI Tornado in the game and thats probably what you saw. No offense, but it's probably just wishful thinking on your part as no one has even hinted at doing a Tornado. If heatblur does another module, and thats a big if, they've implied it would be the A-6. I know you Tornado guys are passionate about it and I hope you get it someday. But convincing yourself its in development is on setting yourself up for disappointment.

Pretty much this.

The known/accepted DCS map for the next 1-3 years is the following:

ED: Ka50 redux, Mi24, F4E and AH1? (+ww2 stuff)

HB: Best guess A-6

Raz: Mig23, then F15E seem most likely after current stuff is done, though they keep planning on about half a dozen other planes.

Poly: Debugger Gazelle, Kiowa

M3: mig21 fixes, Corsair, F8J

Deka: JF-17 any day now, no clue on future planes, outside chance of a J-11

Avio: Mirage F1 in the works.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Since the mud hen is in early developement in RAZBAMs F-15E Strike Eagle project, i'll desperately wait for this bird until my other DCS dreams come true...and hope for RAZBAM doing some good work with it.

The F15 has been "in development" forever. And given how much more complex it is compared to the harrier and the current state the harrier is in I have my doubts. Plus to date they have claimed no backseat WSO, which is a major disappointment.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Pretty much this.

The known/accepted DCS map for the next 1-3 years is the following:

ED: Ka50 redux, Mi24, F4E and AH1? (+ww2 stuff)

HB: Best guess A-6

Raz: Mig23, then F15E seem most likely after current stuff is done, though they keep planning on about half a dozen other planes.

Poly: Debugger Gazelle, Kiowa

M3: mig21 fixes, Corsair, F8J

Deka: JF-17 any day now, no clue on future planes, outside chance of a J-11

Avio: Mirage F1 in the works.

I had been following Razbam on their FB page and they have also been working on the A-29 Super Tucano for a while. I have seen more updates about the A-29 than the Mig23 on their page. It seems that the development is pretty far along.

I will have plenty to keep me busy with the F-4, A7 and F8. The A-6 would be a must buy if it ever get made into a full module.

Edited by Evoman

...Plus to date they have claimed no backseat WSO, which is a major disappointment.

No WSO? You just bursted one of my biggest DCS wishes. Scratched the RAZBAM Strike Eagle from my wishlist....

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

I’d love the Phantom as well. Based on what I’ve seen recently, with the time required to finish the F-18, F-16, P-47, Mosquito, and Hind, whatever work done by belsimtek with their WIP F-4E will most likely be scrapped. I betting that if they do ever decide to make a Phantom, it won’t be the same one. Hopefully this opens it up to third party devs. I do have high hopes for Magnitudes F-8J! At least we know it’s in active development, behind a F4U Corsair, Christen Eagle fixes, and MiG-21 overhaul.

Specs: i9 9900k, GTX 1080ti, 32gb ram, Oculus Rift S

Modules Owned: A-10A, A-10C, F-5E, F-14B, F-15C, F-16C, F-86F, M2000, MiG-29, MiG-21

Modules Most Wanted: F-4B, F-4C, F-4D, F-4E, F-4J, F-4N, F-4S