F/A-18C nose wheel steering

Solid84

Well, I tried it now on the Stennis while practicing carrier starts and I can confirm that it does NOT work for me:

1) Cold and Dark startup as per procedure

2) Wings are folded

3) Chocks removed

4) Apply a little throttle with "Num +"

5) Press "X" (for rudder) and "S" at the same time.

The result: falling off the deck because of only low gain NWS.

What can I do to fix it?

Try to turn your wheel (rudder) first before apply throttle. If you let it move and apply full rudder with HI the front wheel will slip and you will not turn.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I noted last night that when the launch bar is down you have to press and hold NSW to enable LO mode but Hi is not available. I had to raise the LB to enable normal NSW then lower it near the Cat. I had not come across this before as most SP missions I play are already on the cat, last night I was on MP and had a C&D start before Taxy.

• 9 months later...
I noted last night that when the launch bar is down you have to press and hold NSW to enable LO mode but Hi is not available. I had to raise the LB to enable normal NSW then lower it near the Cat. I had not come across this before as most SP missions I play are already on the cat, last night I was on MP and had a C&D start before Taxy.

Thanks for report

I just came across this and thought it was a bug, saved a false bug report on my side.

I almost fell off the carrier on this one hehe

6Utv7RF.png

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria