6nd mission - Hunting box 2

After today's update - performance 6th mission "Hunting box 2" is restored. However, there is a small condition that the mission was considered a success - landing on Podkova need to sit down on the south platform.

Mi-8MTV2 The border campaign

Ka-50 2 Pandemic campaign

Mi-24P The border - prequel campaign

Asus pro gaming Z-170, i5-6600K-4.3GHz, SSD M2 NVME 1Tb, HDD 1Tb, GTX 1080Ti, RAM 32GB, Oculus Quest 2, LG Ultrawide 2560x1080.

After my Wingman attack Ground Targets he landed with hydraulic damaged, I landed next to the Green Smoked he popped out.

But afterwards nothing happen, should I move towards Podkova or is something broke here?

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

After my Wingman attack Ground Targets he landed with hydraulic damaged, I landed next to the Green Smoked he popped out.

But afterwards nothing happen, should I move towards Podkova or is something broke here?

landing area must be no more than 100 meters away from the smoke. After landing you need to drop before the end of the сollective control handle.

Mi-8MTV2 The border campaign

Ka-50 2 Pandemic campaign

Mi-24P The border - prequel campaign

Asus pro gaming Z-170, i5-6600K-4.3GHz, SSD M2 NVME 1Tb, HDD 1Tb, GTX 1080Ti, RAM 32GB, Oculus Quest 2, LG Ultrawide 2560x1080.

Done this was sitting right in to the Smoke and lift off and landed at several location around the Smoke, but nothing happened.

Give it another try and hopefully it works now thx for reply

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Done this was sitting right in to the Smoke and lift off and landed at several location around the Smoke, but nothing happened.

Give it another try and hopefully it works now thx for reply

Same issue for me, will try again.Probably I landed to early. I landed before requesting smoke.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

tried to play mission.

at the first landing point, helicopter refused to take off "generator 1 2 failure"

i managed to take off somehow, rolling down to the hill.

then i had to land due to engine failure of wingman, and i had to take its passangers too !

guess what happened? couldn't move and crashed.

beside this, there is no proper breifing and voice over as always. you need to find out what to do by playing again and again

i just try to play missions and generally end up passing them by manuplating logbook.lua file.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 3 weeks later...
After today's update - performance 6th mission "Hunting box 2" is restored. However, there is a small condition that the mission was considered a success - landing on Podkova need to sit down on the south platform.

Thank goodness you posted this. I had tried this mission about 5 times and failed for various reasons even before getting to Podkova. This morning, I finally cracked the code, got through the whole mission, landed at Pdkova only to not get the MISSION SUCCESS message. I was about to put my fist through my monitor..LOL. Came here, saw your message, respositioned to the south end of the FARP and got the success. Whew!

The thing that kept killing me on this mission was lack of power on takeoffs..and I only realized later that my anti-ice was on, sapping a good bit of my engine power..

Thanks!

BeachAV8R

tried to play mission.

at the first landing point, helicopter refused to take off "generator 1 2 failure"

i managed to take off somehow, rolling down to the hill.

then i had to land due to engine failure of wingman, and i had to take its passangers too !

guess what happened? couldn't move and crashed.

beside this, there is no proper breifing and voice over as always. you need to find out what to do by playing again and again

i just try to play missions and generally end up passing them by manuplating logbook.lua file.

See below..might help..

Was your engine anti-ice on? I think it might default to being ON as you are sitting on the pad at mission start..and that saps a lot of engine power. I was having the same problem until I turned it off..! Plus, you can use a left pedal turn to gain a bit more extra power at high weights/density altitude...you can use this to your advantage be pedal turning to the left while simultaneously trying to get your nose pointed down whatever slope there is..gaining some translational lift.

• 2 months later...

Where are you gonna be attacked? And where do you see green smoke? I ask because I can't finish the mission. I thought I did it right, but never got the mission succes at end.

My wingman and I both landed near the burning house, we both embark, got a message from wingman that they are ready for takeoff. My commander says we are ready. I takeoff, and my commander says heading 110, I follow that, which direct me to Polkova around 65 km later. I landed at the south most helipad, but no mission succes.

By the way, my wingman never lands. He just circles around the helipad, and no more happens.

When you embark the Troops, on the other Side of the Mountain not far the first Valley in direction Polkova there is a Trigger but rather small when you hit him your Wingman got attacked by Infantry, remember is more slightly left on the Mountain Top downwards.

When you don't hit the Trigger nothing happens, the Mission continuous with out success.

Need quit some Time to get all working as it should be...

Hope I can help..

Edited by MAD-MM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

When you embark the Troops, on the other Side of the Mountain not far the first Valley in direction Polkova there is a Trigger but rather small when you hit him your Wingman got attacked by Infantry, remember is more slightly left on the Mountain Top downwards.

When you don't hit the Trigger nothing happens, the Mission continuous with out success.

Need quit some Time to get all working as it should be...

Hope I can help..

I will try find the trigger tomorrow. How far from the burning house do you think it is? And in which direction. As I fly in direction 110, nothing happened.

When you climb away from the Burning House that First Mountain direct in Front of the Burning House, on the other side of the Mountain Top 4 km away ca. from the House downwards the Hill would say more like 105 Degrees there is the Trigger.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

When you climb away from the Burning House that First Mountain direct in Front of the Burning House, on the other side of the Mountain Top 4 km away ca. from the House downwards the Hill would say more like 105 Degrees there is the Trigger.

MAD-MM thank you very much for your advice. At last I managed to complete the mission. But to be hornest, I did it with some cheat. I had to use labels and not to mention: crash recovery.

With labels on, it wasn't that difficult to find the trigger point.

But I have to ask all of you! How was it possible for you to takeoff and managed to get speed and height enough to overcome the mountains after T/O from the burning house?

As said, I had to cheat with crash recovery, because I flew into the mountains several off times. I even in the mission planner reduced my fuel (from 60 to 40%), which means the last 10 km., I had fuel low warning before landing. I have to mention that I have the engine condition levers (ECLs) at full power.

I find the mission unrealistic, and complete impossible to complete without cheat. Have I missed something?

MAD-MM thank you very much for your advice. At last I managed to complete the mission. But to be hornest, I did it with some cheat. I had to use labels and not to mention: crash recovery.

With labels on, it wasn't that difficult to find the trigger point.

But I have to ask all of you! How was it possible for you to takeoff and managed to get speed and height enough to overcome the mountains after T/O from the burning house?

As said, I had to cheat with crash recovery, because I flew into the mountains several off times. I even in the mission planner reduced my fuel (from 60 to 40%), which means the last 10 km., I had fuel low warning before landing. I have to mention that I have the engine condition levers (ECLs) at full power.

I find the mission unrealistic, and complete impossible to complete without cheat. Have I missed something?

Little bit late but some tips, between the cockpit wall and the collective are the Engine Conditions Lever (ECL) set them from auto to Take off Power.

Afterwards take off it produce enough power you can stay 3m over the Ground in the Ground effect and start carefully to move forward and climb fly a loop around the House, Speed=more Lift and you are to able to climb over the Hill without cheats smartass.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• 2 months later...

This is late but may help others. The mission starts with engines running and Anti Icing system on. When you need power close to ground turn off the deicing system. I turn it off for every landing and take off.

This Campaign is not great the stock one was much better. I have not bought many campaigns and after this one will think hard about paying for another

• 4 months later...

Damn, I should have read through this thread before exiting the mission. I landed at the FARP and tried all 4 LZ on the north platform as well as one on the middle one. Then, I thought it probably doesn't give me a success because I did not trigger the "attack event" (the wingman flew away when I landed on Podovka).

Looks like I'll have to fly it again in that case.

However, there really should be an additional trigger which will give a message from the co-pilot saying "land on the south platform" - or it should be a success to land on any of the 3 platforms. This can't be that hard to add to the mission ;-) Just add two more zones and adjust the trigger.

Anyway, flying the first mission with having everything turned off on the F10 map and relying on the full navigation was interesting (I only used Doppler as a backup solution but flew visual). That's why I missed the "small attack trigger" though - I slightly drifted to the right.

Thanks for the hint about anti icing. I did not think of that anymore. However, this time I had no problems to land/start. Just make sure power doesn't go below 90%. Get into a hover. After that, don't touch the collective anymore. Only use cyclic to gain speed. The Mi-8 will then start to ascend slowly.

What if the Wingman always gets shot down? And I mean completely shot down...he's not able to land, so there won't be no green smoke. He doesn't seem to be able to neutralize the targets. This happend twice now - and therefore it wasn't able to finish the mission. It's simply stuck if the wingman dies.

Looks like I'll have to try the option "do not attack" in that case.

Edit: yep, not letting him attack worked out fine.

Edited by rge75

• 5 months later...

Was flying actual the Campaign again 4 Weeks ago, seems the Trigger is a little bit offset, try to land next to your Wingman.

He is landing 100 meter away from the Burning House on slight slope on the foot of the Hill, then the Trigger was working for me and the Ground Troops get loaded...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• 6 months later...

i've played this mission already two times without success, then came here and see about "having to land on southern side Podkova".

gonna give it a try.

all in all, this campaign would have been great, with no more than 10 minutes of added work.

but no; it's the mi-8 and one should not expect same standards as the campaigns for a-10, mirage and so on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER