Moving map

Baracuda

Moving map is slated for later I believe.

Not sure but I read or heard it being mentioned as later add-ons

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

looks like it may not be included in EA

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I'm pretty sure it will be included in EA, although not in the initial EA release.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Moving map will be at the launch of the EA according to the news letter from yesterday so it’s official.

However, I wanted to create a thread and ask about how the map would look like on the monochrome displays of the Hornet. Would be black and green?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hornet has one full colour display. So map can be full of colours.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Hornet has one full colour display. So map can be full of colours.

Thanks! Didn’t know that. I wonder why the radar display for is monochrome and doesn’t take advantage of the multi color capability. But that’s another topic.

Thanks for the quick answer !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are two monochrome displays (left and right ddi) and one multicolor display (mpcd) the one below...

There you can have the map display....

Superhornets have 3 mpcd maybe some later legacy hornet has as well...

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

So we will be able to put the map on which one we want ?

Nope, only the lower one. The lower display is the only one with color. The HSI minus the map can be displayed on the left and right.

Matthew 'Mags' Maclauchlan

Oculus CV1, Thrustmaster FCS HOTAS/Pedals

Nope, only the lower one. The lower display is the only one with color. The HSI minus the map can be displayed on the left and right.
Correct...

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

There are two monochrome displays (left and right ddi) and one multicolor display (mpcd) the one below...

There you can have the map display....

Superhornets have 3 mpcd maybe some later legacy hornet has as well...

The super hornets has the same as the legacy. 2 ddi's and one mpcd on the bottom

Are the DDIs completely monochrome? In this thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197024&page=3 beamscanner has pictures of what looks like a hornet with some coloured symbols on the DDIs. I'm sure the answer is still correct - the moving map can only go on the bottom, but looks like the DDIs might not be completely monochrome.

The super hornets has the same as the legacy. 2 ddi's and one mpcd on the bottom

Not all super Hornets Have CRT based Monochrome DDI's. Only BLock 1 super Hornets up until Lot 24 have suchDDI;s. The Display at the bottom is not the same ( MPCD or AMPCD) used in Legacy Hornets.

Lot 25 can be considered something of a transitional batch before Super Hornet Block 2 series. in Lot 25 batch ( the first of which were produced in August 2002) They replaced 2 DDIs with full color capable LCD displays. ( among other things).

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/release/3/12306/upgraded-super-hornets-join-us-navy-%28oct.-21%29.html

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Are the DDIs completely monochrome? In this thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197024&page=3 beamscanner has pictures of what looks like a hornet with some coloured symbols on the DDIs. I'm sure the answer is still correct - the moving map can only go on the bottom, but looks like the DDIs might not be completely monochrome.

Well, according to natops DDIs have 3 colors:

"On aircraft 163985 AND UP the DDIs are NVG compatible and display three colors (red, yellow, and green) for stroke information. A monochrome version of the digital map can be selected on any of the DDIs. Either DDI can provide raster generation for the HUD. A description of the various switches and controls on the right and left DDIs follows."

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 4080 Super * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

Yes but the two ddis are not monochrome

So theoretically you could put the TPOD on the DDIs?

Or is it just displayed on the bottom Display?

Sorry for the Off-Topic question.

Yes you can, targeting pods usually provide monochrome pictures anyway, only the very latest use color sensor :smilewink:

FA-18D-Cockpit-Night-Attack-S.jpg

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Glad you like it.

Firstly this picture is quite old. It was already published in magazines when I was a teenager.

It's probably a simulator cockpit.

In the 80'-90' the Hotnet was meant to use AN/AAS-38 Nite Hawk targeting pod (narrow FOV IR) on left air intake, and AN/AAR-50 NAV FLIR pod on left air intake.

And from memory it was like that in Jane's F/A-18.

The NAV FLIR picture is meant to be projected on HUD like LANTIRN for F-16C Block 40 and F-15E.

So I guess the picture is showing :

- NAV FLIR in the HUD,

- TGP on left DDI

- DBS radar picture on right DDI

- moving map on MPCD

And in late 80'/ early 90' it was like Star Wars avionic :D

But it seems to be difficult to find pictures of AN/AAR-50, so I guess it wasn't really popular.

We had a similar pod in inventory in France (Ruby for Mirage F1 CR, Super Etendard and Mirage 2000), but it wasn't really popular either...

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

I was sure it was a nab flir! I love it! I love the harriers navflir.

Too bad we wont get it.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

There is an ATFLIR variant with NAV FLIR integrated into the pylon, so we can hope...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3077756&postcount=1763

US_Navy_041113-N-5837R-018_Photographer%27s_Mate_1st_Class_John_Yoder%2C_left%2C_and_Photographer%27s_Mate_2nd_Class_Julian_Olivari%2C_install_an_AN-ASQ-228_Advanced_Targeting_Forward-Looking_Infrared_%28ATFLIR%29_Pod_on_an_F-A-18F_Super_Hor.jpg

Mirage fanatic !