Trackir disconnecting in DCS

I'm having a problem with my trackir frequently disconnecting from within dcs if I pause the game for a few minutes, (to view a manual on my second screen for example). To get tir to work again in DCS, I have to exit dcs and relaunch it from my desktop. Anyone have experience with this problem?

Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Yes, it disconnects when inactive for a few minutes.

If you unplug a joystick and plug it again, it redetects trackir too, no need to exit the game.

• Like 1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

This is happening frequently to me, and with Head tracking, it doesn't seem to be a big problem, but I have noticed that some odd things also seem to be happening with my Warthog setup.

Switches become deactivated. For example, in the Spitfire, I have the EAC Arm and RDR Altm switches set up to replicate the Spits mag switches. When TIR disconnects, these often (but not always) turn off. I think I have an engine failure, but a quick look at the in-cockpit mag switches shows they have both turned off, not something that is going to happen IRL. V. ODD.

I originally thought this might be a lack of voltage to my USB hubs but after adding 5v power supplies, it still happens.

This is a version of a fault that has been plaguing me for some months. If you check your DCs log, I think you'll find that you various USB devices are being re-initialised over and over again, leading to any 'made' switch on that device being 'unmade' and then (sometimes) 'remade'.

There has beeen bo acknowledgement of the problem by DCS. There does however seem to be some possibility that is restricted to Windows 10 machines. If so, I suspect that there is even less likelihood of MS acknowledging the problem than DCS.

I'm having an issue of late where my controls on my thrustmaster warthog and pedals losing all control. Generally when I need to be precise haha. My remedy at the moment is using my mouse to click in the centre of the HUD to get my controls back. I'm using the rift though so can be very unnerving when flying low and losing all controls. Wondering if its linked some how.

USB devices can drive one mad. Win7 without disabling power save settings is one thing but Win10 and USB handling is worse for generic devices such as Arduinos and TM MFDs. The last ones got popping in and out in a 5-10 seconds freq. Only way to stop that was to have the device setting dialog opened permanatly. Power setting in OS made no difference.Serveral thread here about that and can't tell if that been solved.

I made a roll back to Win 7 meanwhile

Check also type of USB port Connected. USB v2 works fine for me but had several problems with devices connected to USB v3 ports and also when connected through HUBs sharing other devices.

- - - -

I'm having a problem with my trackir frequently disconnecting from within dcs if I pause the game for a few minutes, (to view a manual on my second screen for example). To get tir to work again in DCS, I have to exit dcs and relaunch it from my desktop. Anyone have experience with this problem?

Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Yes. I have been experiencing same thing. I reinstalled TIR To an older version (5.4.0) about an hour ago. so far so good. We'll see.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

This is a version of a fault that has been plaguing me for some months. If you check your DCs log, I think you'll find that you various USB devices are being re-initialised over and over again, leading to any 'made' switch on that device being 'unmade' and then (sometimes) 'remade'.

There has beeen bo acknowledgement of the problem by DCS. There does however seem to be some possibility that is restricted to Windows 10 machines. If so, I suspect that there is even less likelihood of MS acknowledging the problem than DCS.

I"ve been experiencing something similar. While in game, I'm frequently hearing the Windows audio signal you hear when connecting/disconnecting a usb device.

See my post above. Maybe these issues are connected?? Some strange shxt happening.

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Okay. Think I solved the issues, at least on my end. I run Oculus occasionally but 2D most of the time. An Oculus Background Process was running while I was in 2D. Ended that process in Task Manager and appears that all is good now.

JUST CHOPPERS

Could you tell us what proces exactly??

Cant remember exact processes but look at the Background Processes in Task Manager. I find 2 processes under the Oculus logo. End both these tasks. This fix is still workin for me. Eventually I'll figure out how to stop these programs from autostarting with reboot.

JUST CHOPPERS

Cant remember exact processes but look at the Background Processes in Task Manager. I find 2 processes under the Oculus logo. End both these tasks. This fix is still workin for me. Eventually I'll figure out how to stop these programs from autostarting with reboot.

There is a fellow over on the Oculus forums that developed a tray tool that is really good for the Rift. It does have the ability to stop and start the Oculus service. Don't know that one can set it to stop upon boot, but might save a couple clicks...

I use the tool to set my power management for when running the Rift along with registry tweaks for my Inateck PCIe USB 3 card to prevent sensor disconnects.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

There is a fellow over on the Oculus forums that developed a tray tool that is really good for the Rift. It does have the ability to stop and start the Oculus service. Don't know that one can set it to stop upon boot, but might save a couple clicks...

I use the tool to set my power management for when running the Rift along with registry tweaks for my Inateck PCIe USB 3 card to prevent sensor disconnects.

Will check it out.

Thanx Bud

JUST CHOPPERS

• 1 month later...

---THIS IS A CROSSPOST FROM HERE--

Ok So when the JetSeat is connected I tend to get those weird TrackIR disconnected/TrackIR connected messages. I've narrowed it down to the Jetseat, for some reason DCS sees it also as a Joystick and a TrackIR device (if I unplug the Jetseat also the trackIR device disappears in game).

I Use Opentrack as an alternative to TrackIR, which might be the issue (will try an update it now) and Opentrack also has the jetseat in the joysticks available to use as input for headtracking (although that is usually inactive when I play DCS, which I do mostly in VR)...

So, I don't think the issue is generated by Jetseat, SimShaker at all, but more likely by Opentrack, or DCS detecting the jetseat as an input device.

I just wanted to know if there's anybody else experiencing the same issue?

---THIS IS A CROSSPOST FROM HERE--

Ok So when the JetSeat is connected I tend to get those weird TrackIR disconnected/TrackIR connected messages. I've narrowed it down to the Jetseat, for some reason DCS sees it also as a Joystick and a TrackIR device (if I unplug the Jetseat also the trackIR device disappears in game).

I Use Opentrack as an alternative to TrackIR, which might be the issue (will try an update it now) and Opentrack also has the jetseat in the joysticks available to use as input for headtracking (although that is usually inactive when I play DCS, which I do mostly in VR)...

So, I don't think the issue is generated by Jetseat, SimShaker at all, but more likely by Opentrack, or DCS detecting the jetseat as an input device.

I just wanted to know if there's anybody else experiencing the same issue?

Maybe try if you can disable the JetSeat input in OpenTrack?

Definitely sounds like that is the culprit.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

When you move around (too) many USB devices above happened to me.

1. download USBDeview and

2. delete all USB (but keyb and mouse perhaps) / or the ones with multiple entry or unrecognizable or not used anymore .. (USB sticks etc)

3. restart and all newly inserted USB will be new P&P installed (usually)

4. Always use SAME USB ports for device

5. goto 2 if messed up again / the sequence of USB also matters (when a lot), having 2x identical Saitek throttles makes for easy problems

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• 1 year later...
Try turning down light filtering in the trackir gui.

It greatly improved disconnects and freezes for me.

Sure, but you know what? I don't have trackIr. so could you explain to me how to turn down the light? please...

• 5 weeks later...

If I leave my trackir for 5 min without moving, DCS gets rid of all the trackir commands in the axis settings in fact it removes the trackir column from axis. Windows still has trackir running and working perfectly. I restart dcs or dcs beta (they both do it) and trackir is picked up again (the trackir column is put back in ) and trackir works fine.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Might be Windows power save issue.

In Device Manager, find the USB ports.

Many of them have Power Management tabs in their Properties.

In this tab, toggle off Power Save.

JUST CHOPPERS