Air support request against AI?

Stratos

It's clear the player will be able to request artillery support If there are artillery units on your side and on range. But will the player be able to ask for close air support while playing vs AI? Scouting with a lightly armored APC and simulate a Ground based FAC, will be a great experience If we can ask for air support.

Also. Is there a list of the units the player will be able to control directly? I'm talking about units we can man the gunner station and shoot. Hope the T55, T72, M60 and AAV-7 are included.

Thanks.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• ED Team

CA 1.0 includes the same system included in A-10C and BS2 that allows missions builders to task air units via the radio menu.

Almost every ground unit with a weapon aside from infantry, MRLs, muti-unit SAMs, and some radar can be 1st person controlled. So, all of the units in your list can be 1st person controlled. However, please note that most units all share the same symbology (machine gun, main gun, and guided missile). The exception is that we included ballistic main gun sights for NATO and Russian tanks. At some point, we hope to start adding more specific symbols for individual units.

For now though, 1st person ground unit command is GREATLY simplified. Please do not expect anything approaching the level of SB Pro (a great product).

Edited by Wags

First of all, SB pro is that Steel Beast?

And secondly. It would be nice for a battle commander to order AI flights of any kind (up to the mission designer) and assign route to fly, land and command to repair and refuel for a new assignment. Just a wish ;)

(HJ)

i love SBPro so much but usualy get my "Bottom" handed to me (Usualy in a body bag hehe) but just love how deep you can go with the tactics.

So I know Im just going to love Combined Arms. I played alot with the original commander thingy that came with beta 1 of the A10c and loved it alot. Nice to see this being developed to its full potential and able to be used with other aircraft in the future like the IRIS F-15E.

Great job!

CA 1.0 includes the same system included in A-10C and BS2 that allows missions builders to task air units via the radio menu.

First of all, Thanks WAGS for this incredible piece of news, like a lot of people here, I had been dreaming of this kind of interacting battlefield for a long time!

Is there a way to incorporate, in the commander mode, a real time control of some AI aircraft? Just like a real commander would direct his air assets if ennemy units are detected or whatever intel that requires to change the behavior of units already in the air?

Lets say that a recon flight is enroute to the still unknown ennemy territory and the fog of war lifts when explored to reveal some SAM positions. The commander could then direct his SEAD flight already up in the air somwhere to go there and take care of it, then direct some other air units to bomb the artillery sites while he directs his tanks and ground units to go after and take position and control the site finally?

Because if I understand well everything that has been posted by officials about CA, only ground units (with some restrictions) will be real time controllable and the rest will need to be pre-programmed like in BS or A-10C ??? That seems limited a bit to me, or I am wrong? (I mean limited because a bit scripted on the air AI aspects)

Thanks for taking the time to answer all our questions with patience!

Jean-Francois

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

First of all, Thanks WAGS for this incredible piece of news, like a lot of people here, I had been dreaming of this kind of interacting battlefield for a long time!

Is there a way to incorporate, in the commander mode, a real time control of some AI aircraft? Just like a real commander would direct his air assets if ennemy units are detected or whatever intel that requires to change the behavior of units already in the air?

Lets say that a recon flight is enroute to the still unknown ennemy territory and the fog of war lifts when explored to reveal some SAM positions. The commander could then direct his SEAD flight already up in the air somwhere to go there and take care of it, then direct some other air units to bomb the artillery sites while he directs his tanks and ground units to go after and take position and control the site finally?

Because if I understand well everything that has been posted by officials about CA, only ground units (with some restrictions) will be real time controllable and the rest will need to be pre-programmed like in BS or A-10C ??? That seems limited a bit to me, or I am wrong? (I mean limited because a bit scripted on the air AI aspects)

Jean-Francois

I'm curious about this aswell. Maybe we have to wait for DCS E-3 Sentry AWACS? Or Joint STAR :)

Edited by winchesterdelta1

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

• ED Team

Jean-Francois

No, we hope to see CA command of air and naval units in a later version of CA.

Thanks WAGS for the quick answer.

Too bad and, again, we are like spoiled kids!

Will be enjoying this tremendously and, later, will enjoy the upgrade!!!

thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D