Question about downgrading to 1.5

Nemesis44UK

Hi,

I tried DCS 2.5 last night and it's not for me. My rig is just running crazily slow on this program.

Can I downgrade to 1.5 without deactivating modules, removing everything and starting all over again?

i5-12400F, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX, MSI RTX4060 8GB, 1TB Corsair Pro NVME.

Finally, I can run DCS!!!

Can I downgrade to 1.5 without deactivating modules, removing everything and starting all over again?

Yes.

However because of the new GFX settings added in 2.5 you'll probably need to delete

"MyAccount\Saved Games\DCS\Config\options.lua"

and set your graphics, game play and special option preferences again.

Note: you can keep a copy of "options.lua" and open it in Programmer's Notepad, etc. to check your old settings, if you need a reference to your old settings.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Many thanks everyone. I might do it at the weekend.

However, I found that for some reason, my graphics options defaulted to full screen windowed mode. I changed that to fullscreen and found that it runs much better - 90-120fps in fact.

I still get stutters, normally when I'm banking or a sound effect plays, but overall, it's vastly improved. I might fiddle around a bit before I revert.

Thanks again for your replies.

i5-12400F, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX, MSI RTX4060 8GB, 1TB Corsair Pro NVME.

Finally, I can run DCS!!!

.....with your setup, there should be no issues..........

Hard to say that, since there's no indication of his monitor setup.......:music_whistling:

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

I find multi-monitor set-ups to be a pretentious exotic.

You can always go down to a single monitor.

Follow this post and delete the mentioned there folders

Disable your MXAA, and enable them from nVidia's control panel. You should see a lot of load being lifted from your GPU.

As you got 16Gbs of RAM, increase your preload radius to at least 12-13-14 hundred thousand

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days