What Started It All With VEAO?

Why did VEAO have problems? What started the road downhill? What is the difference between how VEAO makes their modules and how other third parties do? How is VEAO's Hawk coded differently than the MiG-21bis, or M2000C (et cetera), that causes problems with the Hawk with every update to DCS? Is it not in LUA like everything else? Please no triggered responses.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not the code, that's for sure. It more or less started with the amount of projects that they wanted to do, then they ran out of time and got rid of their NDA because of this. They couldn't make it enough finished when they had to show the progress to ED. And now they just decided to go somewhere else. (might not present the real thing)

Edited by razo+r

I can't speak for themselves but from my point of view it looks like they simply couldn't reach the quality DCS customers were expecting. Looking at the Hawk, they have been talking about improving it years ago and even though they have made progress, it is still below other modules.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Look at Leatherneck/Heatblur and RAZBAM. The "managers" of these 3rd parties are to the neck into coding their modules and creating the art for them. Literally!

Zambrano brothers, Novac, Cobra (just to name the leaders) are simply gods with their skills.

"Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork." - I think everyone knows who's signature is that.

"Superb Knowledge!" - If that ain't skill I don't know what is...

IMHO is what makes the difference in succeeding in a difficult and complex environment DCS World is and failing.

If you don't know all it needs to know to build a module and only then delegate and you simply "pay" and delegate... you set yourself for failing. And the ones that failed I think had sinned in this "zone".

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Didn't help that Tango, who I think was responsible for a lot of Hawk coding, left DCS quite some time ago.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro