PFM Su-33 Problems retracting refueling probe

harm_

I'm having problems retracting the refueling probe on the Su33 with the latest update.

I'm don't know it this is the real Su33 behavior or if it is a bug.

After completing the refuel and disconnecting from the tanker, pressing Ctrl+R only disconnects the new RF autopilot. Te probe doesn't retract inmediatly.

It will retract however after a bit of flying around, several minutes afterwards, haven't timed it.

Anyone else is having the same problem?

This is a feature. Will retract once the fuel lines are purged. HUD mode staying in ДЗП mode is a bug.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

While on the subject, are there any speed limits on the probe? Max speed extended, max speed for extension and /or retraction?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Wait, it's SUPPOSED to stay out for a while? That's a bit...strange, I guess.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

probably to ensure no fuel flows back into under the pit / nose section, also to ensure no fumes vent into the pit rendering the pilot unconscious

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

so im suppose to go into battle with a refueling probe sticking out???

Why not, Mirage pilots do it all the time.

• Like 1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

In the controls ist named that i expect to turn it on and off on this button. With the refuel lights it is working as expected. If you push the lights will be released and turned on. Push again the go off and retract. So I think the same Thing should behave the refuel probe, as it is a Switch in the Cockpit as weel. I think its a bug.

• 3 months later...
The sequence should start once you press CTRL-R. The rest is automated and should last about 2 minutes.

Then what if you accidentally extend the probe and want to retract it? Wait for 2 minutes to purge something that doesn't exist? In reality I mean, not in this game!

When you can't prove something with words, let the maths do the talking.

I have an insatiable passion for helping simulated aircraft fly realistically!

Sincerely, your correct flight model simulation advisor!

The probe cant be accidentally extended. Is almost impossible to reach the switch by mistake

BlkwDsC.jpg

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

...they don’t really account for pilot stupidity

Exactly that. The Russian design & control philosophy has always been very different from western aircraft. Russian aircraft, particularly the Su-27 / -33, will allow you to do plenty of things that the flight control system on most western types would prevent. The theory is that it allows for greater pilot freedom to 'push the envelope'... as long as the pilot knows what they're doing.

In this example, the probe stays out so that the system can be purged prior to retraction of the probe so that no fuel gets in to places where vapour could react very badly with things like the pilot or powered system like the radar. The pilot is thus expected to only extend the probe during actual (or practice I guess) refueling operations, and is also expected to know and obey the probe speed limits, though the auto throttle on the -33 helps in this regard.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

• 1 year later...

Can anyone point me to a guide on the correct use of the RF mode (R shift + R) built into the SU-33, combined with the use of the autothrust (J) and the HUD when pressing L Shift + R to initiate the refuelling?

I assume the RF mode puts the aircraft on a stable level flight while giving a HUD circle to chase all the way to the fuel hose basket...but does it just hold whichever heading and altitude it sees when pressed or does it attempt to match the heading and altitude of the tanker?

When using J, sometimes the tanker slows to the set speed or maybe its the plane changing speed to match?

Final question - any other aircraft in the FC3 packs have airborne refuelling capability?

• 3 years later...

I know this is a late response to an old post, but the Su-33 fuel probe retract problem is a programming bug that will unfortunately never be addressed. It has nothing to do with residual fuel accumulation in the probe, because it occurs regardless of whether you take on fuel, or simply toggle the probe, and it remains deployed much longer than a couple of minutes, preventing a switch to nav mode until it retracts. It makes a difficult operation downright annoying. Imagine trying to refuel at night in bad weather, and then trying to get back on the boat without ILS navigation. Worse still, you are unable to tank, and now your way past bingo fuel in the middle of a cold, dark ocean.

• Like 3