DCS: P-51D Mustang Coming in 2012

Wags

Because you can fly to the airport......

With the P-51D you'll realise that your Flight Model has been seriously lacking up until now. Then again, if high-fidelity is not your thing then that's also OK - the choice is however there for people who will no doubt appreciate it.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very happy about this. And for those begging for the modern jet, don't forget it's being developed a long side. It's a sign the boys and girls (???) at ED are opening up and prospering.

Love the 51 and all the warbirds for that matter.

Personal opinions respected I do find it interesting how picky some combat sim guys can be. Me? Rotor, jet, prop ground air? If its got teeth, I'm on it.

No matter what ED does some people won't be happy....

+1

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

No matter what ED does some people won't be happy....

+1

I cant wait till the next module is announced....

Why not this.. why not that.. nagnagnagnagnagnagnag

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I just hope the server browser gets better to inform players which aircraft are available in a server. Between the P-51 and the 2 DLC packs it would be nice to have the content required information available automatically. It is worth noting that with such a diverse set of aircraft it makes sense to have servers that concentrate on a single sim rather than having everything available to fly no matter how little it makes sense to do so.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I just hope the server browser gets better to inform players which aircraft are available in a server. Between the P-51 and the 2 DLC packs it would be nice to have the content required information available automatically. It is worth noting that with such a diverse set of aircraft it makes sense to have servers that concentrate on a single sim rather than having everything available to fly no matter how little it makes sense to do so.

or the mission makers can write down what airframes are avalible / what the mission os for* in the breifing preview that you can read before you connect...

DCS: KA50/A10C/FA18/Jag

DCS: Flying Legands

DCS:FC3

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Let's be realistic :

An other Add on that will cost us at least 59.99$ (as usual)

2012 for DCS means half of 2013 (as usual)

Let's see when FC 3 (that we all heard about not a long time ago) will be out and at what price .....

Looks great but i wonder the combatible thingie with a-10c / BS 2 etc .... that makes things a bit ... odd.

Dunno if i buy it because I didnt like IL-2 either but who knows maybe if i can get hold of a beta it would be fun for now my plane is the a-10c which i love. (and always had)

+1 ED (and Wags now make up the annoucement for the Nevada map =))

MORE IS BETTER ! 3rd DCS serie ! Gut, Messer, Gösser :D

Well done E.D. :thumbup: and (hope) will done :D

I was expecting this plane P-51 Delta

It hasn't got Delta wings but will be interesting online :joystick:

Hogs vs Mustangs :pilotfly:

-----------------------------------------------

Looks like joke. ED is strange. I would be more greatfull if they started do DCS F-16 or F-18 some plane whitch is wanted by community not these flying legends whitch is only for fun and for few pilots... I mean bad step...

I think this is a side step but moreover:

"That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." :P

What WWII sim, it's one aircraft. No enemy.

For now. *ominous music*

Use your imagination, and maybe you'll see what's really happening. :)

iAoZP6EuaDk

Yep... it isn't German but fine :megalol:

I hope we will get soon some Fokes, Messers, Spits, Las, Yaks and Zeros also :yes:

I wish people would and could understand what ed is doing here. This is only going to help us all out in the future "if" and "when" more aircraft are released. What is the goal for having a business? Grow, get more money, with that comes more stuff for us. I won't buy DCS P-51D cause that's not my cup of tea. I still haven't bought A-10C yet, but I do have FC2, BS1, BS2 and will buy FC3 when it's released. branching out

I understand you Cali but you should understand these rows too:

Looks nice, this P-51. I'll buy it to support ED, but, I look forward to flying next in the DCS modern jets series ....

It's been said before and I'll repeat it for you: Work is being attended to in parallel.

And yeah - more support, more planes. Less support, less planes......It's up to you.

This is very disappointing. There are simulations such as IL2, where the P-51 is very well done and which deals with piston aircraft.

What about the great years of jet aviation? Where is the F-4? Where is the MiG-21? What about the eighties and F15, MiG-29, Su-27?

It would be nice to have a realistic simulator of those planes

DCS is going the wrong way.

There are many simulations with P-51D and with F-16, F-15 and F-18. That's why i hope next DCS Serie (after P-51D and FC3) will an "almost-present-day" fast F-... or MiG/Su ^

@sylkhan

ED is a company, and it's goal is to generate revenue. If there is a reasonable market for ED to claim, they have to.

There is a lot of ww2 fans out there, ready to be taken by ED. Hell, if people use a civ modern era sim to fly these beauties, then some of them will surely try the ED's mustang, some of them will then buy other EDs product -because they will notice the lvl of fidelity present on EDs product. More customers for ED is beneficial also for people who want only jet planes.

Why ED can work on the mustang and a modern jet fighter in paraller? Because the team is most likely not fully saturated when working on a modern jet fighter - i.e. the avionics modeling will take a hell of a more time then the external model. So you need something for those people to work on, or you'll be wasting resource (you still have to pay them salary, even if they are not really producing anything) and you cannot assign a 3D artist or texture artist to avionics modelling...

You can assign them on other project, the mustang doesn't require much avionics modelling, so the avionics guys can work on the jet fighter and 3D modelers have something to work on (mustang model), something that will provide revenue.

I agree, but don't forget the same "hell of a more time needed" radar modeling/modes and other "classified" stuff if you'd like to get new Fighter/Multi-role DCS aircrafts too :book:

O for the sake of humanity I have to figure out how to do a polished aluminum skin.

No problemo: here comes: HogStang :smartass:

attachment.php?attachmentid=55221&d=1313350546

attachment.php?attachmentid=55222&d=1313350546

attachment.php?attachmentid=55224&d=1313352753

attachment.php?attachmentid=55225&d=1313352753

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1273306&postcount=3985

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

I don't think you understood what I was trying to say Hungarojet

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

or the mission makers can write down what airframes are avalible / what the mission os for* in the breifing preview that you can read before you connect...

Yet the server browser needs improvement. When you have multiple products that all plug into one another it should be a standard feature to show which products are required or available within a given server.

Yes we can put the aircraft in the mission name or on the description, but not everyone does that anyway.

side note: Really.... Hitler meme already?

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

We will be flying on this same map?

Looks that way.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I do not mind seeing this in a modern setting. I think they will not attempt at making "another" WW2 sim, but if they modeled one or two additional AI axis aircraft and ground vehicles, it would make for some simplified, simulated WW2 era missions, or simulated, simulated missions, rather. Either way, it will be a lot of fun flying this aircraft.

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW