CA + A10 same account same server?

Modulus

So before CA comes out, I need to know if I should make a separate account for CA or should I use the same one I have for A-10C and Blackshark2.

Here's my use-cases:

1.As a player, I want to be able to connect to the same server with both A-10C or Blackshark 2 and at with Combine arms at the same time. I want to be able to do this so I can command ground units, and fly the A-10C at the same time.

2. As a server admin, and player, I want to be able to host a DCS World server on a different computer and be able to connect to it as a player as well.

So, should I create a separate account for Combined arms? Or would I be OK with just the one account with all my licenses (A-10, blackshark2, combined arms)

---

Bonus question

Can you have DCS Combined arms and DCS A-10C running at the same time on the same computer? I would like to be able to alt-tab between games while connected to a multiplayer server.

Bonus question

Can you have DCS Combined arms and DCS A-10C running at the same time on the same computer? I would like to be able to alt-tab between games while connected to a multiplayer server.

CA is part of World, A-10 is part of World. Can you run two copies of DCS World simultaneously on the same computer? ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Why would you want to.

DCS world will have CA which when running will allow you to swap between modes on the fly.

you will be able to play as jtac then jump in a tank to assault an objective then into an A10 to repel a counter attack.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

Why would you want to.

DCS world will have CA which when running will allow you to swap between modes on the fly.

you will be able to play as jtac then jump in a tank to assault an objective then into an A10 to repel a counter attack.

Can you switch on the fly? I haven't seen that printed anywhere.

My thinking was that you could act as a game master and participate in the game as the same time.

Another thing that I was thinking of doing was acting as my own JTAC (lasing my own target).

http://www.a-10c.com/en/series/combined_arms/#202319

1st Person Unit Command

For those that want to participate in the ground battles from a 1st person point of view, players can select most friendly ground units (most armor and visually guided air defense systems) from the Command Map, press the Command Unit button, and occupy that unit in the 3D world. Tanks, infantry fighting vehicles, armored personnel carriers, anti-aircraft artillery, and short-range SAMs can all be controlled. Many vehicles have multiple types of weapons like machine guns, main tank guns, and anti-tank guided missiles; all of which can be controlled.

When in a 1st person command view, the player can also order the other ground units in their group to specific locations.

It don't say anything about flyables.

... but maybe we will soon see if it is possible to jump out of your "Commander" slot in MP and get into a Aircraft during the same session without the need to disconnect.

Also, one could use two computers at the same time for different roles.

Would it be a problem then if two different serials from two different games bought with the same account are connected to the Master server at the same time ? You have to log-in, and that would mean the same account logged-in twice simultaneously.

Just wondering

... but maybe we will soon see if it is possible to jump out of your "Commander" slot in MP and get into a Aircraft during the same session without the need to disconnect.

Its another slot listed like Ka-50s, A-10C, and Su-25T in DCS World. If you have the module you can freely switch between them in SP/MP as long as slots are available.

Also, one could use two computers at the same time for different roles.

Would it be a problem then if two different serials from two different games bought with the same account are connected to the Master server at the same time ? You have to log-in, and that would mean the same account logged-in twice simultaneously.

Just wondering

I'm not sure if its changed, but before you were able to buy a key on one account and the first time you logged in online use a different account, then that key would be part of the 2nd account. I did this by accident with FC2 where I bought FC2 on the lockon part of the site (it was separate from DCS at the time) but logged on with my normal DCS account.

Edited by Grimes

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum