Damage modeling

Will we continue to use the same damage modelling for Combined Arms as is in the current DCS simulators, or will it introduce any new features such as modelling armor sloping, penetration values and effects from different weapon systems?

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would be cool.

The behaviour how/why ground forces exploding is not realistic.

Meanwhile I used to this behaviour but it is very strange.

The ground forces are always 100% operational till a specific "damage limit" is reached.

Then they will explode.

There are no parts falling off while fighting, no destroyed tank chain but still dangerous main-gun etc.

In my point of view this should be the next step ED have to do.

Edited by =STP= Dragon

The ground forces are always 100% operational till a specific "damage limit" is reached.

Then they will explode.

There are no parts falling off while fighting, no destroyed tank chain but still dangerous main-gun etc.

IIRC it was said that hitting a vehicule will affect his performances (like a disabled gun) but it won't appear graphicly

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

That would be cool... it's the first step in the right direction. :)

It has been implemented since BS1.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

But it's rarely seen, or my CCIP skills are just too awesome ;)

Something that would be really awesome is a few different damage animations. The smoke and WAAAAAIIT FOR IT (Achmed style) explosions is getting old now.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

Something that would be really awesome is a few different damage animations. The smoke and WAAAAAIIT FOR IT (Achmed style) explosions is getting old now.

Yep, the new smoke and explosions effects added in 1.1.2 are an improvement. But there is still a long way to go, as with many areas. It's a long road, but we'll get there eventually.

There are lot of things that could be improved/implemented as far as weapon effects/damage modelling goes (airburst munitions and fragmentation effect for one), but no doubt we'll see things like this in time.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Damage modeling :

When a Russian tank is hit by a shell or an anti-tank missile, the turret is most of the time ejected from the chassis and rests on the ground at a few meters of the tank.

Is it not possible to make this kind of modelling for DCS World and Combined Arms?

It will be great !!

You need hit the ammo carrousell to blow the turret, need calculate penetration and distance of the explosive charge, and set a % to blow them to ignite the propelent charges..

You don't need to hit the ammo carrousell, when the turret or the chassis is also hit, the gun ammo will also detonate with the heat inside the vehicle. 99% of destoyed russian tanks have the turret out of the chassis...

• 2 weeks later...