All is well

As I sit here on the runway with the engine at idle and the canopy open Looking out over a beautiful day with the surround around my head cranked and all I can think of is that line from the Dunkirk movie:

"That's the sweetest sound you'll ever hear out here George"

Adding throttle

Thanks for making my dream come true!

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

+1 so true :)

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

The stable is stable.

It really feels like I am the only one running the stable version at times.

Craziest thing I ever saw.

Yes of course defects exist in multiple millions of lines of code.

I believe they will get to it over time and if not, I have no problem reminding them every month or so what they forgot to do on it. If something takes me out of a flight I mention it.

Over and over because I have no memory.

Sometimes it is me and sometimes it is the code.

I am not perfect and I don't expect anyone else to be.

I will continue to remind them until it is fixed or they ban me.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

And that's the best we can do DeepDrummer, enjoy what we already have and look fwd for fine tuning at least because for me there is still no alternative in the level of detail class where DCS stands...

Complexity also brings lot's of chances for code bug gizmos... That's unfortunately the only thing we can always expect from any piece of software :-)

But the cockpit graphics, even with their present quirks, the sounds you and me hear, the feel of flight users with good controller setups can get out of it [ not my case, with a cheap desktop teeny weeny stick :-) ]…

Then the fact that looking back into my tail I see, while cruising, my elevator slightly deflected down, as I watch in the movies and shots of real Spitfires flying, the fact that I have had to train my takeoffs and landings, instead of chopping my throttle and dance just a little bit on my rudder without any nasty outcomes like in all other flightsims with Spitfires, civil or combat, I have tried...

So, thanks for your POSITIVE OP - Positivism is one of the secrets to fight our natural / morbid tendency to feel frustrated and stressed :-)

Edited by jcomm

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

And that's the best we can do DeepDrummer, enjoy what we already have and look fwd for fine tuning at least because for me there is still no alternative in the level of detail class where DCS stands...

Complexity also brings lot's of chances for code bug gizmos... That's unfortunately the only thing we can always expect from any piece of software :-)

But the cockpit graphics, even with their present quirks, the sounds you and me hear, the feel of flight users with good controller setups can get out of it [ not my case, with a cheap desktop teeny weeny stick :-) ]…

Then the fact that looking back into my tail I see, while cruising, my elevator slightly deflected down, as I watch in the movies and shots of real Spitfires flying, the fact that I have had to train my takeoffs and landings, instead of chopping my throttle and dance just a little bit on my rudder without any nasty outcomes like in all other flightsims with Spitfires, civil or combat, I have tried...

So, thanks for your POSITIVE OP - Positivism is one of the secrets to fight our natural / morbid tendency to feel frustrated and stressed :-)

+1

Guilty as charged on the morbid tendency thing in a wide variety of ways.

My Spitfire just oozes stress relief generally.

Personal story about why cannot always blame the DEVs.

Back in the late 90s I decided to learn java programming.

I was going to self teach myself with a package valued at 3000 By just following the training manual which was quite thick.

I was doing great and then suddenly I hit a snag. Some text windows didn't work properly or something. I poured and poured over the code until curly brackets and colons looked little birds on the screen.

I followed the manual over and over and just could not get it to function by doing step by step what they said. Note this was GUI based for the most part but one had to edit as well there.

I even went back to the manual and started from page 1 and did it all the way back up to page 300 where I screeched to a halt.

I gave up and tossed everything into the trash swearing never to code again.

I found out a year or 2 later from one of the top guys in that company that there were a lot of errors in the training manual.

There can be errors in the code for various GUIs in use to put the code together as well.

Problem solving is one of the highest forms of stress there is and is seriously hard on your health.

Never diss a DEV who is crazy enough to do that for a living.

Respect for anyone who can look at script and code for any length of time and stay sane.

We have something in common apart from a passion for aviation :-)

I attended that Java Kickoff at Berlim, by SUN, in October 1997...

As a teaching assistant at Lisbon University until 1995 I did use it, here and there, but until today my only truly / real programming language ever was "C" - plain good old "C", where all the compilers are Perfect! :-) - no bugs, no snags whatsoever, other than those we poor into our code ….

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

• 2 weeks later...
We have something in common apart from a passion for aviation :-)

I attended that Java Kickoff at Berlim, by SUN, in October 1997...

As a teaching assistant at Lisbon University until 1995 I did use it, here and there, but until today my only truly / real programming language ever was "C" - plain good old "C", where all the compilers are Perfect! :-) - no bugs, no snags whatsoever, other than those we poor into our code ….

Yes. It was strongly recommended for me to learn C way back when.

Now has more defects than during commissioning.

The module is no longer beta!

Understood petsild.

I just avoid those areas for now.

For a while, I will avoid bombs, tanks and altitude.

I remain hopeful and do not doubt that it will continue to improve.

If they would rather release a perfect Mk

The 2 things that were winding me up were the Spitfire's "toggle" on the Gun Safety and the P-51's lack of a gear up and down rather than a toggle.

Sometimes it is the little things that wind you up.

Some of the fine folks in these forums taught me how to rectify that.

I now have zero complaints and I am off to fire up the most perfect (Simulated)Spitfire the world has ever seen. My frown has definitely turned upside down.

I got a bit scared when I read what was happening in a beta update at the time as well. Yikes!

It is the little things. Ignore the little things and you ignore the whole. Ignore the whole and you may as well pack your bags.

• 5 weeks later...
I found out a year or 2 later from one of the top guys in that company that there were a lot of errors in the training manual.

There can be errors in the code for various GUIs in use to put the code together as well.

Problem solving is one of the highest forms of stress there is and is seriously hard on your health.

Never diss a DEV who is crazy enough to do that for a living.

Respect for anyone who can look at script and code for any length of time and stay sane.

You can make money with bad software. Good software is golden.

If you survive the first few years in coding (or the tech profession) it starts growing on you and you do develop methods to navigate the valley of death. The really good coders already have a passion for it before they start. I sometimes meet very talented people who seem to be grinning most of the time just because it's so fun. Highly experienced coders still curse when they hit a really tough one :smilewink:

Everybody likes to make big plans and write new code but fixing somebody else's aborted mess is another thing.

Big respects to the new guy who is told to "fix all the bugs in Harrier"...

Edited by Varis

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

My first impression of the Spitfire was with the main menu theme, which I felt was a huge missed opportunity to play "Rule Britannia". Instead I got some old timey jazz music. Disappointing.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2