What is CA and does it play along with A10?

Biga42

Is CA an add on for the sim? I mean is the ground guys working together with the fly boys?

AFAIK CA was developed from a requirement for RL JTAC's to train in comm's and 9-line protocols in the professional version with A-10C pilots.

As such, CA is strong for replicating JTAC procedures in MP.

JTAC Operations: https://youtu.be/ykBpe6F0-YE?t=54s

As a standalone module, CA is much weaker as, the GUI is little more than version of the Mission Editor and managing waypoints, groups, etc. pretty awkward, micro intensive and unintuitive.

Without an ability to save and the slow pace of ground warfare in DCS, I've only played a 'full' CA mission once - 7 hrs to advance through a few towns/villages. To resume a week later - loaded the track file and a 30 min fast forwarded to resume from where I'd left off.

I think most owners use CA to add player JTAC's or for it's 'Game master' features to call in artillery, cruise missiles or micro-manage SAM radars.

This video demo's some CA features

Unfortunately I've never had the 'fun' using CA, videos like these suggest - so unless there's a special reason/feature you need right away, I always advise players to buy CA in a sale.

ATM CA isn't compatible with VR head tracking.

YMMV

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080