=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

as a VR user ... only colored dots are enough :thumbup:

the name plane and distance are too much in flight !! really :music_whistling:

and for symbol --> a dot is better than a bar !

http://burning-skies.vioo.com.ua/ru/pilot/5155/server/4/statistics.html

Im a vr user also, and I dont have much trouble in IDing contackts from 300 metres I guess.

I can recommed to bind a key to enable/disable markers and use zoom button. Markers are so big in vr that they are overcasting the plane profile, so I disable them when zooming in.

Пилот-камикадзе, поршневод среднего класса.

Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/rfjack

Lets not make another shitthunder from this beautiful sim :)

Shows what you know. Warthunder has no icons and superior LODs in all respects.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

hi,

IMO these new labels are tooo large, no chance to surprise enemy and huge advantade for P-51 drivers.

I really took advantage of them during my two todyas flights, but i still think they are big.

Hi saburo_cz,

you can and will still finde a lot of enemys that dont check there six, even with this labels, so you still can make suprise B&Z attacks. Maby they are a little bit to big for your system and settings, for my system and settings they are not as big as in old 1946 but right for DCS. My Wingman now can see contacts like me before the new labels, with the old labels he was almost blind. Also what i like is, now you can fly more tactical than before and you can read a furball / dogfight mutch better under you and cover it ( as there is no need by an 2 - 3 vs 1 to make a 3 -4 vs 1 out of it ). Stay above and with the new dots you will soon find an target fixated enemy that goes right into the furball and is an easy target for you.

regards

Little_D

1./JG2_Little_D

Staffelkapitän

1./Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

"Go for the leader, if you can. The path is the goal, the kill the result."

"The one who has 12, leads. The one who has six, follows."

YouTube Channel: 1./JG2 Filmkanal

Im sorry, but did anybody actually try the label.lua I attached, or are you just going by the worst assumptions?

1. They are just a single dot, not a full set.

2. They are as small as they can be, and almost invisible on a monitor - labels are bigger in VR for some reason.

3. They are faint, quite transparent, and arent covering the plane profile.

4. The colors are very faint, and has no color at full distance when they first appear. The color blends in, and isnt at full strength until around 2km, and even then they arent that visible. I had to zoom in VR, and was still in doubt if that was a red dot or not, blending in there, at distance. So its not like its a big bright red dot buzzing around the skies.

Anyway, was just a suggestion.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

yeah the old 1.5 labels were the best by far. also please dont do the coloured labels as it will make it look ridiculous and like an arcade game.

I agree. That is an immersion killer.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

back from a 3 hours flights in VR

the labels size are impec ...

for the fight ... what to do more ...when we had shut down and burst all the trucks at Bayeux and all at Villers Bocage ??

the tanks can't be shut down bye the spitfire canon !!! anly the trauck can be.

so two Spitfire in the air ... and no more to do ...

BurningSkies server is a very good server for my weekly saturday flight ...Thanks

Edited by JallieFR

Clevo Sager - i7 6700-K 4.0Ghz OC@4.4Ghz - RAM 32GB DDR4 - VIDEO Nvidia 980 GTX 8Go - XFi SoundBlaster

VR with Oculus Rift - KGB Gunfighter-Pro + Cougar Gaz + Simped + volant T300 + pédalier LeoBodnar

Add more skill or number of the triple A near the airfileds.

How do you think?

We see a lot of vulcher near the airfield lately (as red as blue).

About the new labels:

For me isn't so big, but maybe is it because i don't have a good sight :) anyway, making a pool, if majority of the people on server say that prefer the last labels, we coming back. But we are totally agree that adding color of the labels kill the immersivity

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

How do you think?

+1 :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2RGT DCS WORLD ITALIA[/sIGPIC]

DIAVOLO 1-1 | 2RGT OBERST

2RGT DCS Gruppo Volo Italiano

Canale Youtube: 2RGT OBERST

Facebook: DCS World Italia - 2RGT -

Canale Twitch: 2RGT OBERST

LIVE!

How do you think?

I don't think that is such a good idea, unless there is only one base in the mission.

If you make AAA very accurate, most people will just wait near their fields and when in bad situation will run towards their base. That is how it worked with Gepard on 1.5 anticipation mission.

My channel:

I don't think that is such a good idea, unless there is only one base in the mission.

If you make AAA very accurate, most people will just wait near their fields and when in bad situation will run towards their base. That is how it worked with Gepard on 1.5 anticipation mission.

Good point of view.I didn't thought that AAA could be used like a shield

Good point of view.I didn't thought that AAA could be used like a shield

People already abuse AAA, running to it as soon as they feel any danger. The AAA is ridiculously effective as it is, let alone adding more, I've lost count of the number of times I'm on a bandit only to realise (too late) he's pulled me near an airfield with AAA and there's no time to react as it always gets me instantly, one bullet and engine dies. People game the AAA and use it as the ultimate get out of jail card.

I'd vote for more spawn airfields spread a little (with low/less instant death AAA, especially at forward airfields). If you are being vulched at one airfield, spawn somewhere else. An additional option if possible might be to use triggers on a timer that activate/deactivate flak script(s) once enemy aircraft have spent X amount of time within a radius of the airfield? Persistent vulching becomes more difficult but flying near an enemy airfield doesn't result in immediate instant death. Could think of it as extra AAA being manned to repel an attack.

Edited by Bounder

My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).

Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5.
My DCS Youtube Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/No64Bounder

People already abuse AAA, running to it as soon as they feel any danger. The AAA is ridiculously effective as it is, let alone adding more, I've lost count of the number of times I'm on a bandit only to realise (too late) he's pulled me near an airfield with AAA and there's no time to react as it always gets me instantly, one bullet and engine dies. People game the AAA and use it as the ultimate get out of jail card.

I'd vote for more spawn airfields spread a little (with low/less instant death AAA, especially at forward airfields). If you are being vulched at one airfield, spawn somewhere else. An additional option if possible might be to use triggers on a timer that activate/deactivate flak script(s) once enemy aircraft have spent X amount of time within a radius of the airfield? Persistent vulching becomes more difficult but flying near an enemy airfield doesn't result in immediate instant death. Could think of it as extra AAA being manned to repel an attack.

Sounds like you might like Operation Cobra ;)

My channel:

For me, the solution to being vulched when on the ground is to have more bases, not more flak.

Having only two locations to spawn from means that someone who wants to pin you to the ground can do so quite easily and if the bases are close together, they can cover both locations visually at the same time.

More spawn bases means you can get airborne from somplace further away, climb for height and then come back an scare them off.

But... some mission designers just don't want that.

edit: i.e. What Bounder said above.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

For me, the solution to being vulched when on the ground is to have more bases, not more flak.

Having only two locations to spawn from means that someone who wants to pin you to the ground can do so quite easily and if the bases are close together, they can cover both locations visually at the same time.

More spawn bases means you can get airborne from somplace further away, climb for height and then come back an scare them off.

But... some mission designers just don't want that.

Yep, adding more spawn airfield could be the right compromise to prevent this behavior and add more choices for the players.

But also I think that the currently AAA need a little improvement of the skill, now seem like totally useless imho.

How do you think?

About the new labels:

For me isn't so big, but maybe is it because i don't have a good sight :) anyway, making a pool, if majority of the people on server say that prefer the last labels, we coming back. But we are totally agree that adding color of the labels kill the immersivity

Labels did not change. It is the same setup, checked it this morning.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Today happened that electric services here were disconneted because bad weather here cause some trouble.

That happened suddenly, when I was in final on landing, and after the service returned I saw that my player is marked like disconnect in flight, like a death, lost victory streak ecct. Also many player crashed in game (last release seem a bit unstable) and had the same problem.

Is possible to resolve? I know that this feature was put to punish the players that use this bad behavior, but also beacuse DCS isn't so stable, I think that this could cause some unfair penalty.

Edited by PorcoRosso86

no problem for me. The Label also seems to be fine.

I think it's a good compromise.

Video made this afternoon against 2 Spit and a p-51d mustang.

For me it's okay so '

minutes: 2:30 dogfight Spitfire

minutes: 7:30 dogfight P-51D Mustang

Edited by 2RGT Oberst

[sIGPIC]2RGT DCS WORLD ITALIA[/sIGPIC]

DIAVOLO 1-1 | 2RGT OBERST

2RGT DCS Gruppo Volo Italiano

Canale Youtube: 2RGT OBERST

Facebook: DCS World Italia - 2RGT -

Canale Twitch: 2RGT OBERST

LIVE!