New File panel available.

reactorone

Thank a lot Deadman! you avoid repeating the same thing. :book:

I made some panels for me with a font that matches the panels of the F16.

It suits me very well and I decided to share my work with everyone, I spent a lot of time to make them but it helps a lot of people I think.

And upcoming will have the same fonts.

R1

Hey No problem you have done some great work . Most of the panels in the A-10 C use the same font the MS 33558

Thank a lot Deadman! you avoid repeating the same thing. :book:

I made some panels for me with a font that matches the panels of the F16.

It suits me very well and I decided to share my work with everyone, I spent a lot of time to make them but it helps a lot of people I think.

And upcoming will have the same fonts.

R1

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Reactorone

I'd like to use try your files and create some panels with the laser cutter. The machine's software can read eps files so no problem there - however it doesn't like the black "fill" of the panels. I think yours are designed for printing out on paper - so obviously the panels are black. Is it possible to get these without the black fill - just the lines, circles and text?

My version of Corel Draw does not have PowerTrace so I can't modify them using that.

Would this be difficult to convert - can anyone assist?

Thanks

I need a CDU and Aux Nav Panel in this format.

i7-8700k 3.70mhz|64GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaw V 3200|ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2080 8G GDDR6|AsRockZ390 Extreme4|2 Samsung 870QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860 QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860EVO 500GB|Corsair 750D|Corsair H-100i|Corsair AX750|LG 34GN850-B|Acer UT241Y|TM Cougar MFDs| Buddyfox UFC|TM Warthog HOTAS(Modified Spring/Slew Control Stick, Upgraded PCB, Stick Extension)|Saitek Combat Pedals|Corsair Nightsword|Corsair K70|TrackIR5|Custom A-10C Panels|

• 1 month later...

Hi, thank you for the panel drawings! I have a question regarding the aux. lighting panel... I know that the rule of thumb is the panel side lengths are multiples of DZUS spacing (9.53 mm) and from other inspections I came to the conclusion that the left side of the aux lighting panel was 12U (114.36mm) and the right side was 13 mm (123.89) Can you confirm these measurements? I see the left side in your model is about 1/2cm longer than 12U. Is this correct? I know that the console 'bends' at this point. Is this the reason for the difference? Thank you

JCook,

I know I'm coming to the party late but have you tried just opening the pdf file in Corel? My version can open them and edit just like any other vector format. :)

I have done a few but unless Reactorone says it's cool I won't post them. They are his baby after all. :)

Reactorone

I'd like to use try your files and create some panels with the laser cutter. The machine's software can read eps files so no problem there - however it doesn't like the black "fill" of the panels. I think yours are designed for printing out on paper - so obviously the panels are black. Is it possible to get these without the black fill - just the lines, circles and text?

My version of Corel Draw does not have PowerTrace so I can't modify them using that.

Would this be difficult to convert - can anyone assist?

Thanks

• 9 months later...

Just stumbled across this thread whilst searching for panel dimensions, tying to lay out the panel design/worflow from Autodesk Maya -> Vector Render -> CamBam -> Gcode, but if anyone has prepped vector files then that would save me a ton of time...

Either way, invaluable source, many thanks and kudos to the OP!!

Real world pilot, budding virtual world hog driver...

My Build Thread

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1855253#post1855253

Just remember these are not necessarily to scale or the appropriate size for some panels

Understood DM... but I can scale vector drawings before converting to Gcode.. its the grind of converting to vector files I am hoping to avoid!

Ordering my CNC machine this week.. so ramping up :)

Real world pilot, budding virtual world hog driver...

My Build Thread

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1855253#post1855253

Nobrot, any reasonable software should be able to take these PDF files and import them directly as vectors.

I have looked at these files and they are indeed in vector format with correct MM sizes. By that, I dont mean that they may be accurate for each panel but the files have the sizes in them that reactorone intended so if you printed the pdf 1:1 it would come out correct and if you import it to your software it should also come out correct.

PDF's are essentially vector files although they can encapsulate other content.

• 4 months later...
Nobrot, any reasonable software should be able to take these PDF files and import them directly as vectors.

I have looked at these files and they are indeed in vector format with correct MM sizes. By that, I dont mean that they may be accurate for each panel but the files have the sizes in them that reactorone intended so if you printed the pdf 1:1 it would come out correct and if you import it to your software it should also come out correct.

PDF's are essentially vector files although they can encapsulate other content.

Thank you for that explanation. I ordered Brydling's board last week and started looking into the gruling task of re-drawing all of these PDF's. thinking to myself "Why PDFs???" Guess it makes sense now. what a maroon...

Edited by Thick8
Too much wine

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground