Powerspec G223/Nvidia 1060 issue solved

Hello Everyone,

I hope the holidays were good to all.

I purchased the powerspec G223 about a week ago from Microcenter and had major issues with DCS and Oculus Rift. Major slide show with FPS. After about a week of troubleshooting I decided to bring the CPU back and the tech there just happened to be a DCS fan. he was nice enough to swap out computers to a new one just in case and loaded and OLD driver for the Nvidia 1060 v381 that comes with the computer. Currently the new drivers for the Nvidia 1060's was the problem. So if you did get this CPU or have the Nvidia 1060, find driver v381 and try installing that.

All is well. FPS jumped from 25 to 100 on "my" benchmark test with the F/A-18 in the free flight instant action.

Before any comments start flying about Microcenter, prebuilts, video cards, etc, etc. I just want to say this post is for people like me.

-Limited computer knowledge

-way to old

-Limited budget, this was a big for me.

-never home

-significant other says "get the F$%k off the computer" :)))))))))))

-above all, no time.

The powerspec g223 does not stay on the shelf very long at MC. So I know some one out there in the DCS world besides me may have one.

With all that being said, I know for a fact that with the interaction I have had on this forum, there is no doubt in my mind that if I had the time and the resources many of you would have been glad to help me build a computer.

I hope this helps someone and yes, so far very happy with the G223. Than again it's only been a day. LMAO

later

Creature

**Update** Nvidia 1060 driver v3.88 satisfies the Oculus driver check and no issues with DCS fps **Update**

Edited by creature