DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

With so many delays, those eventual patch release notes better be reasonably long. :)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just release the patch, Its not like theres no bugs anyway, Wont make much difference.

Really dude?:doh:

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Really yes 2.5.5 = BETA 2.5.4 = Release whats the issue?

So what is the bug, that they have found which has stopped release. We don’t know, no one knows apart from ED.

Now at the moment we have a OB that works fine, despite whatever bugs it has, BUT we have no idea if this bug in the upcoming version will completely break OB or not.

I’m sure if they have delayed the patch it’s for a very good reason. After all if they do release it, and it breaks DCS, I can guarantee that those of you, who are just saying release it, will be the first on here complaining the the latest patch broke their version of DCS, that it was working before and why release something that’s broke.

How about, we all sit back, enjoy our OB that is currently working fine, and the patch will get to us when it’s ready and working.

Yes the VR optimisation is sort after, but it’s hardly like DCS is unplayable without it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Really yes 2.5.5 = BETA 2.5.4 = Release whats the issue?

Maybe the patch compile failed so bad that is completely breaks DCS to the point of not loading. It would be silly to relase that.. no one would be able to do anything with it at all.

I doubt it is (or at least I hope that it is not) just some bugs that aren't material to the running of DCS, we've lived with those for years.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Just release the patch, Its not like theres no bugs anyway, Wont make much difference.

Microsoft tried that several times with their Early Access OS (Windows 10), resulting in literally millions of bluescreen-bricked rigs all across the world afterwards rdlaugh.png

I can wait a few days more if there are serious issues that need to be resolved.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

So what is the bug, that they have found which has stopped release. We don’t know, no one knows apart from ED.

Now at the moment we have a OB that works fine, despite whatever bugs it has, BUT we have no idea if this bug in the upcoming version will completely break OB or not.

I’m sure if they have delayed the patch it’s for a very good reason. After all if they do release it, and it breaks DCS, I can guarantee that those of you, who are just saying release it, will be the first on here complaining the the latest patch broke their version of DCS, that it was working before and why release something that’s broke.

How about, we all sit back, enjoy our OB that is currently working fine, and the patch will get to us when it’s ready and working.

Yes the VR optimisation is sort after, but it’s hardly like DCS is unplayable without it.

DCS Updater => Switch version to release => Enjoy

Obviously if there is a major bug that breaks DCS totally is useless to launch the update , but I can live without a module or with a bug in a determinate situation.

Rebuilding beta branch is in progress. :D Don’t give up yet. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Whooaa. Thanks again Nineline. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Just be patient guys, I'll have some news soon.

Ohh don’t worry I’m patient mate, I know you guys want to get this too us all as soon as you can, and I’m sure working your butts off to make it happen.

Oh and I’m flying at 21.00, so just saying like. :smilewink::smilewink::smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

What I don't understand is that why is the official information for scheduled and eagerly awaited patch is passed on in a thread that is located in a chit-chat forum section. I wish ED's marketing people would copy some good practices from other game developers or take a few courses on the matter of customer service.

i7-6850K | GTX1080 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Pro

What I don't understand is that why is the official information for scheduled and eagerly awaited patch is passed on in a thread that is located in a chit-chat forum section. I wish ED's marketing people would copy some good practices from other game developers or take a few courses on the matter of customer service.

:rolleyes:

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

• ED Team

Because there is no solid information right now, I am just sharing what I know to tide you guys over till then. When we have a firm plan, it will be said louder.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I thought the whole patch was put back to the 12th. Is that not the case? Is it just JSOW inside the patch that was put back till the 12th?

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

Correct, and the patch isn't just the F-18:smilewink:

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I thought the whole patch was put back to the 12th. Is that not the case? Is it just JSOW inside the patch that was put back till the 12th?

This. (Some) Hornet bugfixes, the general VR improvements and fixes for the 3rd party modules are (were) still scheduled for today.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Because there is no solid information right now, I am just sharing what I know to tide you guys over till then. When we have a firm plan, it will be said louder.

I think you misunderstood my point, sir. You and Wags are considered the official voice of ED. Little news, big news, plan or no plan.. this is not the right place to share any bit of information regarding the obvious patch delay.

I think you misunderstood my point, sir. You and Wags are considered the official voice of ED. Little news, big news, plan or no plan.. this is not the right place to share any bit of information regarding the obvious patch delay.

Wow! Now the info is in the wrong place.:doh: First of all, we are all in violation of this thread right now. This is to discuss updates and there was not an update yet. When news & updates are available, they're posted in the news & update thread. But hey, obviously, can't please everybody.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

When there is firm news it will most likely be shared here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=105

This makes sense. We don't need an official update to tell us that there is a delay and obvious issues. Plus, it is still June 5th...there is no official rule saying that each update has to be released at a certain time of day.

ED will let us know the details when they have figured things out.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

When there is firm news it will most likely be shared here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=105

Think what he means nine is that rather then the 'there's been a build issue and We are working through it, can't say more then that right now but I will update as soon as I have more info thanks for understanding.' post being buried in here.. there should be a post in there *points to what you just linked*

So ppl aren't trying to hunt through forums looking... least that's what I think he's saying n I'd kinda agree it'd be a lot easier then going ok it's getting on no patch huh etc.. but I also get the reluctance given what we the community normally are like with delays.

Will keep an eye out for update though, hopefully nothing too major looking forward to the Vr updates..l

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

Wow! Now the info is in the wrong place.:doh: First of all, we are all in violation of this thread right now. This is to discuss updates and there was not an update yet. When news & updates are available, they're posted in the news & update thread. But hey, obviously, can't please everybody.

Yes, the info IS in the wrong place. Check the thread title. Considering how strict ED themselves are about being on topic in threads, I think I have fair point. I just can't get it how much an impossible mission it is to post an official statement (in the right place) that "Yea sorry guys, it seems there will be at least a delay in today's patch release. Will share more info as soon as we have it."