Announcing Tu-22M3 Troika by Black Cat Simulations

Knowing what I know now, I'm kind of embarassed to think about what went through ED and Heatblur/Leatherneck people's minds as they watched me push this along. Man, I was so pie-in-the-sky! To state in hindsight what should have been elementary from the beginning, this is not a Yak-52.

These words truly frighten me, as this is/was my current ideology. And assuming what would and would not be easy, with the complexity of an aircraft this large of a beast, I think I would have kept myself blind and ignorant to the truth all along than to listen to the warnings. :(

It's sad to no longer see this project led by you. I do honestly hope that somebody can continue these efforts as the progress made was remarkable in terms of the dedicated development on the models and research on the systems. Let us please get a Tu-22 module for the future!

Wow, quite a story.

Maybe this will be reborn someday...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

The thought that really got me going on this project is that the analog nature of all its systems would make it easier to program than an aircraft with digital displays and systems. I would not be surprised if that's incorrect, though I still think along those lines.

From a dev, glass is actually easier than analog.....

Then what is this thread for? For dead mod?

If you kept following this project like the rest of us did you will know that unfortunately access was denied in order for the team to continues research.

So in short this project falls in the recycling bin,also all mod threads remain active while being finished or not,it's up to an admin to remove them if asked or if rules are broken.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Brian, 3DArtistExtreme, alieneye...

...thank you, and any others in your team or who helped you with information access or advice and donations, for attempting this project, and for sharing the story of what went wrong. That can't be an easy thing to share, but I appreciate the effort!