Trimmer system

Zomba

I haven't seen it yet, but I would have assumed that the Mi-8 would have the same rudder trim option (check box) that the Huey has. You decide whether you want the rudder trimmed or on.

So far, that option is missing for the Mi-8, but it would be exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm actually getting used to quickly centering my pedals after I hit the trimmer...

It's fascinating how quickly one can adept to such a thing. I've only logged two hours or so and it's already become a reflex to center the pedals after trimming, just like I did in the Black Shark.

But after flying the Huey with the un-trimmed rudders, I think I'd prefer this type of behavior in all DCS helicopters. Hopefully it'll be implemented before I change my mind and then confuse the hell out of myself when I get back to the Huey. :)

My pedal trim is not working, although I would like to see it working. After I press trimmer button, I immediately recenter pedals, however the virtual pedals are also re-centered. I have FFB and central trimmer method set to off. Maybe when you disable central trimming method, rudder is automatically unchained from the trimmer system?

Guys,

You couldn't explain it more confusing :doh:

Autopilot ruder on/off - YES

Be able to disable rudder from trim - NO

Do we need the same option as in UH1- YES

:smilewink:

This is a Simulator, and in a simulator you try to simulate the real thing. If the real thing does not have the option to turn of trim for the rudder, then it will not be possible in the simulator either.

The Mi-8MTV2 (simulator) has as follows:

1 Trim for rudder, roll and pitch. Same functionallity as in KA-50 (One press on a button)

2 There is allso stabilizators(autopilot) for the same axces to help you. When aoutopilot is engage you can allso "trim" through the autopilot on the consoll. Use the three rotary switches behind. You can allso asign these to you're hat switch on the stick like I have done. But be aware that the trimrange through the aoutopilot is not that far/long, and is mostly for fine tuneing.

You can allso see the autopilot trim ranges in the upper right corner in the wiev. When you adjust the autopilot trim you will se them move. Have one eye on these ranges while flyeing and hoovering, or else you might have a nasty surprise :P

When hoovering and flyeing with the autopilot engaged, use the collective with slow and easy adjustments so the stabilizators/autopilot has time to "work" against you're input with the collective. Fast movements will cause the Mi8MTV2 to turn and roll even with the autopilote engaged.

3 At the same consoll you find Alt hold aoutopilot also.

You need to know the limmits of the autopilot to safely fly with autopilot engaged. Know you're autopilot. This is true for all rotary and fixed wings :P

What I have written above is what i have found through experimenting and is probably not 100 % corret.

Sorry for my poor english

Edited by KennethBF

Hardware:

Mainboard: MSI Z77!-GD65 Gaming, Socket-1155

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K, Quad Core, 3,5 GHz, 8MB

RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3 2133 MHz 2x4 GB

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB

KennethBF: The problem is, you need force feedback pedals for the rudder trim to make sense or else you have to recenter your pedals every time you trim. The Huey has the option to remove trim for the pedals, why can't the Mi-8 have that feature?

EDIT: Dr-Arrow: Any idea if its possible to use the FFB option with a non-FFB stick?

Edited by IonicRipper

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

KennethBF: The problem is, you need force feedback pedals for the rudder trim to make sense or else you have to recenter your pedals every time you trim. The Huey has the option to remove trim for the pedals, why can't the Mi-8 have that feature?

EDIT: Dr-Arrow: Any idea if its possible to use the FFB option with a non-FFB stick?

Unfortunatelly, with FFB switch ON in game and FFB OFF on the stick, trim does not work at all. It seems that the trimmer system with FFB is done only through generation of forces on the stick and since pedals have no force mechanism they are "unchained" from the trim.