HARM

oldpop

Well that's weird, because it's the exact opposite for me. :huh:

I grew up with learning that Monday is the start of the week and all calenders I've seen start the week on Monday (including the MS Outlook calendar).

It's usually US calendars that are from Sunday till Saturday in my experience. British ones start on Monday just like in Germany.

I know how it works IRL, but I wonder how it will work in DCS?

If it was on a HB module, I'd expect it to work - the Viggen radar can pick up planes... dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

So if you can switch through the SAM's with the i key, which key is it that will make it select the immediate threat?

I think Wags wrote that it was the 'reset' button on the Harm DDI page.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Anyone else having trouble firing just one AGM-88? Even with a very quick press of the pickle button I still sometimes have two missiles leave the rails.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Anyone else having trouble firing just one AGM-88? Even with a very quick press of the pickle button I still sometimes have two missiles leave the rails.

No, but i've been holding it until it leaves the pylon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, but i've been holding it until it leaves the pylon.

Weird, I swear that's what I tried the first time and two left the rails on me, hence trying shorter presses after that. Trying normal long presses seems to work just fine, so never mind then :doh:

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Also u can fire harm, when you are flying away from target. Won't hit of course, but is harm different in the comms with the jet systems ?

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
So forgive my newbishness but it's not possible to do SEAD without the HARM and not risk/guarantee losing the aircraft right? At least in the stable version of the F/A-18?

The stable version does also have the HARM, you can always try to drop bombs, shoot mavericks or guide some Laser Guided Bombs in with the help of a JTAC. But all of these are much shorter range and put you into the 8) Danger Zone 8)

So forgive my newbishness but it's not possible to do SEAD without the HARM and not risk/guarantee losing the aircraft right? At least in the stable version of the F/A-18?

SEAD/DEAD is not defined by the weapon used.

HARM is a great tool, but not the only tool. It's actually, historically, very poor at killing things if you look at it in terms of how many launched vs how many actually hit something. But it is an effective suppression weapon because SAM operators have to respect the threat and turn off their emitters and/or not leave them emitting continually.

So it's quite common to use HARM to suppress a site, and then other bombs/missiles (Rockeye and Maverick were choice weapons of SEAD crews during the first Gulf War) used to actually destroy the launchers/logistics/RADAR (if the HARM didn't actually connect with it)

The F Maverick in the Hornet can be effectively used at 6+ miles if you are good at it, which is far enough to kill most of the SHORAD in game (SA8/SA19/SA15/Shilkas/etc, be aware: some of those SAMs can shoot down HARM and Mavericks)

Edited by gekoiq

I only asked cause I was arming my plane and didn't see the option to put harms on in the missiles menu and it seems like a suicide mission having to fly directly overhead to drop a bomb on a site. Also I haven't figured out how to shoot the maverick cause the hornet doesn't have the laser pod yet. Thanks for your replies.

Nobody likes me because I'm unsafe.

I only asked cause I was arming my plane and didn't see the option to put harms on in the missiles menu and it seems like a suicide mission having to fly directly overhead to drop a bomb on a site. Also I haven't figured out how to shoot the maverick cause the hornet doesn't have the laser pod yet. Thanks for your replies.

HARMS are AGM-88C in missiles re-arming window.

With the help of JTAC you can use AGM-65E Laser Mavericks

:thumbup:.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

HI I'm back. So I'm trying to learn how to use this weapon. I set up a EWR 1L13 unit on the russian border and flew to it. I can see the icon for the emitter on the EW page. I send that to my hud and I can see the line pointing to the emitter but the icon is not at the end of the line and I can't box it to fire the missile at it. I can however box up what I assume is the carrier I have steaming out in the black sea. Are you not able to fire HARMS at the EWR 1L13? Thanks. EDIT* so it seems this weapon is effective against search and tracking radars but not against early warning units as I can lock on to all of them besides the EWR. So either this isn't finished yet, it is bugged, or you are not able to home in on EWR type emitters at all with AGM-88C.

Edited by Jonnie2Bad

Nobody likes me because I'm unsafe.

Right now we can only say with confidence that HARM SP mode for sometime this month. However, this is our best estimate and not a promise. HARM, JDAM, JSOW, and datalink/SA page are all very complex systems to develop and test.

Ah come on Matt, must not be that complicated, pretty much all games like Battlefield and such has them, just copy/paste their codes :P Kidding, keep up the good works, after all, with the so many systems in the Hornet, rather it takes you guys time to came up with them, if not, we'd have shit load of things to learn at the same time, now at least we can learn little by little :P Better this way for my « Getting out of RAM » brain :) :pilotfly:

keep up the good works, after all, with the so many systems in the Hornet, rather it takes you guys time to came up with them, if not, we'd have shit load of things to learn at the same time, now at least we can learn little by little :P Better this way for my « Getting out of RAM » brain :) :pilotfly:

I actually agree with this approach. I have actually done better with how the Hornets systems the way they have been implemented into the module. Almost like building blocks. My biggest issue seems to be able to transition from A2G to A2A mode. More of a mind thing though. :D Bottom line is great work ED! :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals