Video momentary Freeze, stutter...:::SOLVED::::....

LA1

Hi was getting momentary video stutter, what is causing this is non MS apps and services that start with Windows

I went and entered MSCONFIG into run ( windows key +R)

Click the services tab

Click hide Microsoft services, then click disable all services

HAS TO BE IN MSCONFIG AND NOT THE TASK MANAGER SERVICES TAB, in the Task Manager services tab you can lock your self out of your system

Then went to the TASK MANAGER and the start up tab and disabled all

then rebooted, what the main culprit was an app that starts up for my DPS power supply that shows me the voltages, power In and out, temp ...etc.

you may want to just enjoy playing your games for awhile with all the non ms services off...don't forget...I tried to run adobe CS3 and it said I needed to reinstall it...until I turned the FLEX NET Licensing service back on.

another way to do all the above to is use AUTORUNS from Microsoft.

I also went into my video card and turned the frame rate from 60 to 80, increased the fan speed at certain times, increased the freq to the RAM, do all this in steps with reboots.

Edited by LA1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hi im so glad i found this. You are much more advanced user than I am. When you go into task manager and "disable all" could you be more specific please. I don't want to mess up my new machine.
you do not want to disable all in the task manager. I stated that , maybe the text was not BIG ENOUGH, and it also depends what you are talking about ...services or "startups" , startups will not break your OS if you disable them unless you have something weird which you probably do not. of course some apps like steam and new adobe products wont work till you turn their service back on. So after you do this if an app does not work ...don't freak out, just go in and turn that service back on, may have to turn off again when gaming...or maybe its ok to leave on. also if you have outlook or any mail client, close it down before playing an game don't leave it open downloading random mail.
Edited by LA1