Eagle Dynamics in my life!

mytai01

I was just thinking about my history with computer flight simulations (since 1995) and realized that Eagle Dynamics has had a huge impact my PC life. ED was soley responsible for my decision to upgrade to Windows 95. I was so impressed with the demo of "Flanker" that I had to get it, but it would only run on Win95 at that time. Needless to say, I purchased everything related to "Flanker." When "Lock On" came out, again it was the sole reason I upgraded to Windows XP! When DCS came out, it was the sole reason for my PC upgrades, purchase of TM Warthog, and Oculus Rift! I've had many other games, but ED is the only force that has had much influence on my PC life.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

I was just thinking about my history with computer flight simulations (since 1995) and realized that Eagle Dynamics has had a huge impact my PC life. ED was soley responsible for my decision to upgrade to Windows 95. I was so impressed with the demo of "Flanker" that I had to get it, but it would only run on Win95 at that time. Needless to say, I purchased everything related to "Flanker." When "Lock On" came out, again it was the sole reason I upgraded to Windows XP! When DCS came out, it was the sole reason for my PC upgrades, purchase of TM Warthog, and Oculus Rift! I've had many other games, but ED is the only force that has had much influence on my PC life.

yup, it's pretty important piece of software for us sim'ers. That's for sure. For me, it started with F19 Stealth Fighter and, of course, MS' Flight Sim.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

yup, it's pretty important piece of software for us sim'ers. That's for sure. For me, it started with F19 Stealth Fighter and, of course, MS' Flight Sim.

My first sim that I actually owned was TFX by Ocean(s). Then Falcon Gold. That started the whole sim thing for me. But, Flanker really got me impressed for it's subtle details and the most awesome external view system, ever!

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

I believe I flew almost every sim that came after "pong" from the seventies until near 2000.

This year, I deleted every other sim. DCS wins. Hands down.

I miss Chuck Yeager's voice on your flight sim giving you what for after a bad flight.

I may have to re-install that to steal the voices for my own personal mission use.

Man, we used to laugh.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

I believe I flew almost every sim that came after "pong" from the seventies until near 2000.

This year, I deleted every other sim. DCS wins. Hands down.

I miss Chuck Yeager's voice on your flight sim giving you what for after a bad flight.

I may have to re-install that to steal the voices for my own personal mission use.

Man, we used to laugh.

I forgot about Chuck! That maybe the first Combat Sim I played. It was my friends sim though...;)