Turning the X65F ministick into proper axis

For some reason i can't edit my original post so a will put the updated files on this post for now.

The last regfix(2.1) that i uploaded the dual throttle fix don't remove any axis, but it has a side effect of turning one of the mini stick axis into a real axis, this is not a problem as long as you don't assing it to anything on the options, doing that it won't interfere with the mouse or bands you may have created on the Profile Editor. Just remember to reassign all axis in the options since some of them may became swapped.

Yes. (Is not really a uninstaller, it just put the register values back to the originals from the drivers)

Just make sure you are using the Saitek drivers(either from the CD or from their website) and not the default one from windows. For the fix there nothing to backup really, if things go wrong you may need to reinstall the drivers. I haven't been able to test it on a x64 windows yet.

Can you tell me what Windows version are you using (32 or 64 bits) and what fix did you used?

Thanks Le0kong

For Saitek X65f dual throttle problem in FC2 is perfect.

Works correctly.

Can i upload this file in user file in web site DCS ?

(Under your name)

Thanks

Lorenzo

"I told Orville and i told Wilbur, that thing will never fly" The last fomous words

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I just upgraded from an X-52 to an X-65 a few days ago and this mod sounds like something I am very interested in. I have rudders so I would want to sacrifice the twist axis on the X65 stick in favor of having the mini-stick set up to work as axes. I would also very much like to have both throttle levers correctly work as axes.

I am interested to know if anyone has tested this and/or has it working under the following circumstances:

Windows 7 64-bit (Enterprise, shouldn't make any difference) SP1, all patches up to current

Saitek X-65F System

Drivers 7.0.0.0

Software 7.0.2.7

Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Drivers 6.2.2.0

Software 7.0.2.7

Any confirmation or tips/tricks/advice on how to make this work well would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

bax

EDIT: I can confirm this does appear to work correctly in the hardware/driver/OS scenario listed above.

Edited by bax

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm necroing this also. In windows 10, installing the regfix with the newest driver causes USB devices to stop working. To fix e.g. mouse, go to device manager and delete all USB hubs from usb controller section.

Edit:

Here's the proper solution: install the driver for older Windows. URL: ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/beta/Saitek_X65F_Flight_Controller_SD7_0_10_6_BETA_64_bit_Driver.exe

Then you can apply the regfix. Don't use the dedicated Windows 10 driver as applying the regfix causes (at least on my Intel controller) USB controllers/hubs failing to start, or silently not working.

Edited by sthalik

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This worked like a charm for getting my ministick mapped to the Hornet TDC slew, cheers!

Mower,

I tried this fix after reading your post on the subject in another thread. The mini stick did indeed show up as axis.

However it swapped and renamed a few of the other axis on the stick. For instance the left throttle was ok but the right throttle became rotary 1 etc.

You have any axis swapping or renaming?

• 4 years later...