DCS «MiGs versus Sabers» tournament discussion (EN)

Can we have model enlargement as SMALL instead of OFF?

We will try to make shaders as "small" or "normal".

If external views for players are not available, we will try to do a "normal" mode. :)

Can others than participants take part in training sessions?

Why not? :)

I hope it's off, model enlargement don't work on my machine, or perhaps they fix it for everyone enjoyment :D

Why? Graphics from ATI?

Try GUNS'N'ROSES Arena Server (SPC), we turn shaders for "normal" mode. :)

On my GTX 780 it work good. :)

MB: MPG-Z390 GP / i7 9700KF 4,8 ГГц / DDR4 64 Gb 3466 МГц / GTX 2080Super / Acer 43" ET430KWMIIQPPX 4k / Win 10

Podp_39_Su-27-45.png

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will try to make shaders as "small" or "normal".

If external views for players are not available, we will try to do a "normal" mode. :)

Why not? :)

Why? Graphics from ATI?

Try GUNS'N'ROSES Arena Server (SPC), we turn shaders for "normal" mode. :)

On my GTX 780 it work good. :)

Shaders?? The Visibility Model don't work on xfire (AMD)

Can we be announced about the scheduled tournament within 3-5 days before it takes place?

Thanks!

When you can't prove something with words, let the maths do the talking.

I have an insatiable passion for helping simulated aircraft fly realistically!

Sincerely, your correct flight model simulation advisor!

Which tournament do you mean??? Ox? Mig and F86!!!

tomorrow, tomorrow, we'll let you know.

Yes, this is the MIG vs F-86 thread, for this we need to know!

Thanks!

Dear participants of the DCS "MiGs against the Sabres” tournament!

We would like to inform you that the tournament is postponed to January 2016! Our goal is to make the tournament, where the participants will not have such client stability problems, which many players are experiencing now. We would not want someone disconnect from the server in the middle of the fight, or experience visibility problems.

We hope that for the next month, Eagle Dynamics programmers will be able to fix current situation with game stability (crash, bugs and other multiplayer errors).

As compensation for the inconvenience, as well as to encourage the participant who will get 4th place, Eagle Dynamics decided to add to the prize money free choice of receiving any DCS module (only ED and / or Belsimtek, no 3rd party DCS modules).

It will look like this:

• For the 1st place winner receives prize money + select one DCS module;
  • 2nd place prize-winner receives prize money + select one DCS module;
  • For the 3rd place prize-winner receives prize money + select one DCS module;
  • 4 th participant gets the opportunity to choose any two DCS modules.

Once again, we are sorry for the inconvenience! We hope that this pause will allow participants to become better trained in air combat on choosen fighter type!

P.S. We also suggest all participants to train online with live opponents. This is a guarantee of quality training and getting real-world experience in aerial battles.

Bots as training opponents does not fit very well. People, unlike bots, always smarter and use different tactics in air combat!

I have been trying to fix my application found here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2554189&postcount=168

but it appears the forum is locked.. :(

is it too late?

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

I agree with taking more time to fix this rather than rushing for the tournament and encountering problems in midfight!

Thanks for the info!

I have been trying to fix my application found here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2554189&postcount=168

but it appears the forum is locked.. :(

is it too late?

Unfortunatly I have to say to you. Yea, way to late. Only several weeks....maybe.you can make an appeal?

Good luck

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

Unfortunatly I have to say to you. Yea, way to late. Only several weeks....maybe.you can make an appeal?

I discussed this several weeks ago and was told (without any allowance for an appeal) that registration is closed, and making changes is not allowed. Never mind the fact that the rules (both posted on the forums, and the PDF version of the rules) clearly states that contestants will be allowed to change their registration (e.g. change aircraft, or what ever else someone might want to edit) up until the start date of the tournament.

Here is what the rules say:

Note: Editing of one’s message containing an application at ED forum is permitted before beginning of the tournament, including deletion of the message. Editing or deletion of one’s message containing an application after beginning of the tournament is prohibited.

I asked (privately) for this to be appealed to the entire group organizing the event, and I got no response. I dropped it because I didn't want to get in to an argument over a minor detail. But the organizers have chosen not to follow their own rules. I don't really care that much, but rules are posted for a reason, and everyone should follow them, contestants and organizers alike.

I assume it happened out of a simple mistake. The organizers intended that registration would close, and 12 hours later the tournament would start. Hence, I assume, the plan was to close the registration forum (no edits) as the method of closing registration, and that would prevent changing of applications. But the problem is, it wasn't expected that the tournament would occur 2 months after registration closed. A reasonable thinking person would realize because of the time between closing registration and the tournament, they should make concessions, follow their rules, and allow changes. But when I tried to make that argument, it was denied at first, and then ignored when I tried to escalate it by asking for it to be considered at a higher level (i.e. I asked for it to be appealed).

Why did I care? Because I wanted to practice flying both the Mig15 and Sabre for a few more days before the tournament began and then (as allowed by the rules) make my choice later. This would give me the fun of learning both aircraft better. I set my expectations that I would be allowed to do this because the rules said I could. So my frustration is, the rules weren't followed, and it has taken some of the fun out of the tournament. I made my case and it was denied. I leave it up to others to make the case if they care.

But the problem is, it wasn't expected that the tournament would occur 2 months after registration closed.
I agree, this is a problem. At the time that I registered for the tournament I was pretty sure I would be able to participate on those weekends. Now I have no idea if I will be available for the tournament or not, but I can't delete my application if I decide to drop out. Whoever gets matched against me might (or might not. I don't know) get a free win.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MI1T;2593579']Dear participants of the DCS "MiGs against the Sabres” tournament!

We would like to inform you that the tournament is postponed to January 2016! !

Please consider to reopen the application process, as things change for players & new players want to join in ;)

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

We have no plans to open thread with applications for participation in the tournament for editing registration applications and adding new applications.

The choice was made, and the application processed. Time for a right choice was enough.

And complaints of participants that there was not enough time for a right choice aren't clear to me.

I remind! Registration was prolonged, time for a choice was enough.

Also you shouldn't say to organizers that they should do.

This tournament does not require the opening of their financial contributions to each party, but has a solid prize fund. It should be understood accurately.

MB: MPG-Z390 GP / i7 9700KF 4,8 ГГц / DDR4 64 Gb 3466 МГц / GTX 2080Super / Acer 43" ET430KWMIIQPPX 4k / Win 10

Podp_39_Su-27-45.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
We have no plans to open thread with applications for participation in the tournament for editing registration applications and adding new applications.

The choice was made, and the application processed. Time for a right choice was enough.

And complaints of participants that there was not enough time for a right choice aren't clear to me.

I remind! Registration was prolonged, time for a choice was enough.

Also you shouldn't say to organizers that they should do.

This tournament does not require the opening of their financial contributions to each party, but has a solid prize fund. It should be understood accurately.

when is the competition happening ? its taking quite awhile :(

when is the competition happening ? its taking quite awhile :(

Let's let them fix the model enlargement issues first..., you don't wanna get shut down because you couldn't see your opponent anymore when you should've clearly seen him even as far as 2-3nm away, because by the time you see your enemy, he's most probably behind and seconds away from killing you.

Let's let them fix the model enlargement issues first..., you don't wanna get shut down because you couldn't see your opponent anymore when you should've clearly seen him even as far as 2-3nm away, because by the time you see your enemy, he's most probably behind and seconds away from killing you.

AGREE :)

I agree, i hope this gets a little longer than expected... I actually sold my Joystick to upgrade to X-55. But now is too high for its price.

I own the x55 and you should defenitivly consider other options. while its great for the throttle, the actual stick is not the best, plastic making cracking sounds and some parts are quite flimzy.. I highly suggest you get some superglue to remove the rubber things on the bottom and reglue them. they do get loose easely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there any chance to get information if this tournament will start within the next two years? :music_whistling:

I mean, we are all getting older and for me it could be close, if you know what I mean? :megalol:

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

They are waiting for you to turn blind, so we all have a chance :P

So what? I'm already!

Why do you think they have introduced the model enlargement? :megalol: