Need to vent

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you what....Im generous enough, I have money coming my way to get me a new stick. give me a week or so and pop me an address, Ill ship you my old X52. :)

It has a lot of hours on it and there are a few quirks, but its only the finger hat switch on the throttle and doesnt like moving to the right. Other than that it just needs to be lubed up and cleaned on the joystick part, nothing serious.

THANK YOU! Le t me know what you want for it ok?

Is it compatible with old thrustmaster elite pedals?

I'll give her a good home I swear it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dunno if its compatible, you dont hook anything to it. If your peddals are USB, they should work just fine. I dont want anything for it, perhaps just pay for s&h by fedex, shouldnt be too much and I can prolly take care of it. It will be a week or so before I can ship it.

Most generous! Talk to you in a week or whenever you're ready.

I've had 3 Thrustmasters (2 FLCS and one Cougar) and I think it's time to switch companies. I read the poll here at the ED forums that the X52 is what most people use anyway!

Thanks again Hitman!

Edited by cobrabase

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Couple of new notes:

The minimum stall speed in this aircraft with full flaps is 230 (defined as minimum speed for level flight, tested gear up, full tanks, clean pylons).

Max speed without wing shear is 900.

Max speed level flight single engine is 480.

Min sustained speed 10 degree climb is 350ish.

Max speed in economy is 810.

Max limited ops is 900.

Min limited ops is 810.

Expedite, could not test wing loading for some reason...too little G's at that speed.

Expedite speed considered 900+.

Ill post it for download at lockonfiles soon, but if anyone wants it now, I need to know of a good place to upload it first. Ill post a link immediately afterwards.

One last note: anyone is free to correct the range flag shapes and make them better, so long as Rich and myself are credited, since he helped me research the project...I suck at photoshop. At the moment I have only day finished, but shouldnt take too long to do the cockpit night version.

Edit: night mod is done.

screenshot002vp1.jpg

Edited by hitman_214th

I've had 3 Thrustmasters (2 FLCS and one Cougar) and I think it's time to switch companies. I read the poll here at the ED forums that the X52 is what most people use anyway!

Thanks again Hitman!

Id say get a regular x52 if you want to save money. Stay away from the pro version. I have it and it gave me some trouble. Don't stay away from it because of this, just because it isn't worth the price vs. the regular one.

If you want CH stuff, look no further than here:

http://www.provantage.com/ch~880CHPD.htm

You can get a Fighterstick and Pro Throttle at 2/3rds regular price, $100 vs. $150. I use these and I love them! No mods here. Just be aware that these have no twist rudder, you'll have to get some pedals.

EDIT: sounds like you might be getting a free x52. I'd stick with that for awhile. :D

I need to name my first born after Hit-man. My wife is like "Okay... what's the catch?! You went out and bought it didn't you!"

I'm like "No Honey! Flight simmers are a tight group of brothers! He's just giving me his old hardware since he's getting new!"

I told her to check to banking statements and only then did she believe me.

Thank you again for helping me out. You'll be getting Christmas cards for the rest of your life Hit-man.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dont need christmas cards...just take care of it and this joystick will do you good. You gotta make sure your gentle on the throttle, its missing a few screws that I lost in the deepest, darkest jungle of my carpet while trying to clean the contacts on the finger hat switch. Its all in one piece...well...3 pieces if you count the throttle and joystick not bound together by the cable. Its definately in good shape.

Edited by hitman_214th

I reworked your dial to make it look a bit "prettier":

PRIBOR-39-01.jpg

Here's the link for the day and night versions: Su-25T Airspeed Indicator Mod

Rich

• Like 2

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Thanks again Hitman!

Go ahead and PM me your address, and Ill try to get it shipped by this weekend.

• ED Team

Airspeed indicator markings use a set of standardized colored bands and lines on the face of the instrument. The white range is the normal range of operating speeds for the aircraft with the flaps extended as for landing or takeoff. The green range is the normal range of operating speeds for the aircraft without flaps extended. The yellow range is the range in which the aircraft may be operated in smooth air, and then only with caution to avoid abrupt control movement.

A redline mark indicates VNE, or velocity (never exceed). This is the maximum demonstrated safe airspeed that the aircraft must not exceed under any circumstances. The red line is preceded by a yellow band which is the caution area, which runs from VNO (maximum structural cruise speed) to VNE. A green band runs from VS1 to VNO. VS1 is the stall speed with flaps and landing gear retracted. A white band runs from VSO to VFE. VSO is the minimum steady flight speed with flaps extended, and VFE is the highest speed at which flaps can be extended. Airspeed indicators in multi-engine aircraft show a short radial red line near to the bottom of green arc for Vmc, the minimum indicated airspeed at which the aircraft can be controlled with the critical engine inoperative and a blue line for VYSE, the speed for best rate of climb with the critical engine inoperative.

One of the most important V Speeds that is not marked on airspeed indicators for light aircraft is VA (maneuvering speed, the speed at which full and abrupt control movement can be applied without causing structural damage.

Source: http://www.answers.com/topic/airspeed-indicator

Thanks for that. But most of what you find out there is for single prop aircraft as are the descriptions and I have multiple sources providing that info. OTOH, the few gauges that I've seen specifically for multiengine aircraft also have a blue band. The green band is fairly short with a much longer blue band positioned between the end of the green and start of the yellow. I have yet to find a source describing the blue. I'm guessing that it is simply a way of extending the green arc but means something specific in terms of multiengine flight. The transition from green to blue seems to take place at the blue (Vyse--best rate of climb speed with one engine inoperative) radial line. So it might simply be indicating the normal operations range for multiengine.

Rich

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Just FYI, I intend on placing range flags on all the ASI gauges in every plane...shouldnt take too long, Ill hop on em once I get done with my study sessions this weekend.

I kind of figured that was your goal. :) Personally, though, I'm mainly interested in them for the AFM aircraft. Makes flying easier with just a quick glance.

Rich

_____